Will you wave to a JK? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will you wave to a JK?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Closed Thread
Unread 06-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #16
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffCamberTJ
Nope, I don't consider it to be in the same class as a CJ, YJ, TJ or LJ. They are not worthy of my wave
I will try to remember to flip you a finger if driving by.

Karamba is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:00 PM   #17
brundz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i'll wave if they wave first otherwise no. and i dont like the way they look either but i dont like the way the yj or tj look stock either really...you put a lift and some 33's on those jk's and i bet you'll like it alot better

jeeps r sweet
brundz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #18
Batman89-

Quote:
One group who don't usually wave (around here at least) is chicks. Whats up with that...I mean I guess they missed the memo or something...
Yeah. There's this one Jeep that I always pass on my way to school, and he never waves back. I've promised many times that I'll give him the finger next time I pass. Christ, it should be write in the Wrangler manual: "Wave to fellow Jeepers, or don't drive a Wrangler."
Dual Tops. [/color][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
Batman89- is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #19
yj_ryn

Why is this post going on so long? What if the previous CJ or YJ owners were punks to TJ owners? Does everyone snub Liberty owners? We should be friendly, we are all jeep owners. Waving made us a special brand, not waving just makes us normal.
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #20
Batman89-

No, it just makes one ignorant. And I wouldn't dare wave at a Liberty.
Dual Tops. [/color][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
Batman89- is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #21
MT3Geiger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yup, cause thats what jeepers do.

2" BB, 1" BL, 33x12.5x16 Boggers, Cobra 75, KC 130W slimlights, OR Fab Rock Doors, and some poison spyder diff guards
MT3Geiger is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #22
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by perro_ryan
Sure, I will wave. We will all embrace the JK, it is just a matter of time.
No kidding.

The CJ'ers who didn't like the YJ are as retarded as the YJ'ers who thought the TJ was the end of the off-road Jeep....are as retarded as the TJ'er who thinks the JK will be any less capable than a TJ.
CNY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #23
Rush
1988 XJ Cherokee 

No offense, but I see a lot of the "elitist" attitude here. Part of the big attraction of Jeep ownership is the awesome community, the comraderie that comes from being a jeep owner. The fact that if you see a jeep broken down on the side of the road, Jeep owners are the kind that would stop to help.

But in regards to the new JK, and the Liberty owners, some of you guys are being real *****es.

Sorry, I guess Im not a big enough of an A-hole to consider myself better than other jeep owners becasue I drive a Wrangler, and they dont. LIberties are not as capable as wranglers, nothing is. But I bet you it could give an explorer a run for its miney, if not beat it.

The point is, the new JK will be a plenty capable Jeep. Just like another guy said on here. A stock CJ from the early 80's or late 70's...SUCKED compared to a stock TJ. Sucked worse than the stock JK will be, but hey...your for real though!

I see a JK, Im wavin. I see a 4 door unlimited, Im wavin. I see a friggin liberty owner..he waves....I friggin wavin!!!!

A JK not worthy of your wave? Im gonna laugh my *** off when that stock JK proves itself better than your stock TJ, CJ or whatever. Its a fact..stock yj's were better vehicles than stock CJ's. Stock TJ's were better and more capable than stock YJ's. Stock JK's will be just as good if not better than TJ's. Just my opinion, and like *****holes, we all have them, but you non wavers are still being d!cks.
Rush is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #24
LynchMOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazwozel
Do you guys think they deserve a wave or are they too yuppy?

I'll wave...to be nice and if they wave first, but I know it'll kill me inside. I absolutly hate the new JK's and personally feel that the 05 line of Jeep Wranglers was the last true offroaders choice.

I mean come on optional 4wd, independent suspension, and power windows? I'm ashamed that the Rubi I bought off the lot had air conditioning let alone power windows.

I know that CJ and to an extent YJ owners feel the TJ is a yuppy Jeep, but at least they still feel like a Wrangler. These new JK's look like your typical SUV that won't see even a dirt road.
LMFAO!!! Its a Jeep!
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=4][COLOR=YellowGreen]Parrothead Jeepers Union Member #20[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Yellow][B]Yellow Jeep Club Member #314[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
LynchMOB is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #25
mpd8488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
No offense, but I see a lot of the "elitist" attitude here. Part of the big attraction of Jeep ownership is the awesome community, the comraderie that comes from being a jeep owner. The fact that if you see a jeep broken down on the side of the road, Jeep owners are the kind that would stop to help.

But in regards to the new JK, and the Liberty owners, some of you guys are being real *****es.

Sorry, I guess Im not a big enough of an A-hole to consider myself better than other jeep owners becasue I drive a Wrangler, and they dont. LIberties are not as capable as wranglers, nothing is. But I bet you it could give an explorer a run for its miney, if not beat it.

The point is, the new JK will be a plenty capable Jeep. Just like another guy said on here. A stock CJ from the early 80's or late 70's...SUCKED compared to a stock TJ. Sucked worse than the stock JK will be, but hey...your for real though!

I see a JK, Im wavin. I see a 4 door unlimited, Im wavin. I see a friggin liberty owner..he waves....I friggin wavin!!!!

A JK not worthy of your wave? Im gonna laugh my *** off when that stock JK proves itself better than your stock TJ, CJ or whatever. Its a fact..stock yj's were better vehicles than stock CJ's. Stock TJ's were better and more capable than stock YJ's. Stock JK's will be just as good if not better than TJ's. Just my opinion, and like *****holes, we all have them, but you non wavers are still being d!cks.
X2

mpd8488 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #26
rinterr

ill wave if they bought the 4wd option, if not i know itll be a waste cuz theres no chance of getting a wave back
if only there was an easy way to tell btwn 4 and 2wd while passing......
Unread 06-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #27
damer1

Real Jeeps don't have Square Headlights!!

Remember when they said that? CJ owners all hated YJs... then YJ owners hated TJs... Now it will be the same.
damer1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #28
FromHereDown

im willing to bet YJ guys had this same convo back in 96
tho probably not via internet. lol
FromHereDown is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2006, 04:27 AM   #29
Luksi

First in response to the comment about high school kids... I bought MY OWN JEEP with MY OWN MONEY... just to claify that.

Second, a Jeep is a Jeep. Hummer pulled some bull choice with the new H2 and H3 and so on. But a Hummer is a Hummer.

Saying I wouldn't wave would be stupid, cause like it has been said, YJ's didn't wave to TJ's at first but once they proved themselves everything was chill.

I don't like how the Jeep has started the option of power windows, optional 4wd's but then again, how long can the Wrangler line go without a change? Eventually the 2050 model TJ would get boring don't you think?
Unread 06-03-2006, 06:42 AM   #30
sqeekers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman89-
Yeah. There's this one Jeep that I always pass on my way to school, and he never waves back. I've promised many times that I'll give him the finger next time I pass. Christ, it should be write in the Wrangler manual: "Wave to fellow Jeepers, or don't drive a Wrangler."
Jeepers are not just owners of a wrangler, heck most wrangler owners don't even deserve to be called Jeepers. A Jeeper is any model Jeep owner that embraces in his/ her car and uses it. A Jeeper is a good fun person not someone that bought a Jeep to own a Jeep, also to be a Jeeper I think it is mandantory to know how to at least place the TCase shifter into 4WD.
88' XJ 4dr., 4x4, 4.0 mounted to a 5 speed Pukegoat, Pacesetter Header and DP, Dynomax, Hi flow Cat, 62mm Bored TB, 1" TB spacer, 11mm SP wires, 180* Tstat, and 235/75/15r Goodyear SilentArmour AT, Rock Slider/Steps (stock).
sqeekers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.