Will you wave to a JK? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will you wave to a JK?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Closed Thread
Unread 01-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #151
PeteC
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The Jeep wave originated out of a recognition that people driving CJ's and military surplus Willy's were enduring a miserable drive caused by the SWB attributes of thier vehicles. This tradition has continued as the YJ, TJ and JK have remained among the most uncomfortable vehicles on the road. This will never change while the wheel base remains short.

There is no Bandaid for Stupidity
Sorry if my support of legal wheeling offends you
PeteC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #152
Dirty Backroads
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Other cars and especially motorcyclists (particularly Harley riders) have some sort of "wave". The cars I know of with a recognized "wave" are Vettes, Miatas and modified Muscle Cars give a . I think Porsches, particularly older ones and British sports cars also acknowledge each other in some way.

This is like the 3rd forum I've been on where long, drawn out threads about waving are discussed.

Yellow Jeep Club Member #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper111
Nothing like going topless with some Kid Rock blasting looking down on the rice boys with their dropped Civics wondering what Japanese steel would look like under the Mickey Thompsons.
Dirty Backroads is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #153
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWilhelm
One group who don't usually wave (around here at least) is chicks. Whats up with that...I mean I guess they missed the memo or something...
lmao. Usually all the good looking girls wave to me. (No, it's not weird, I'm still a "teen"..haha)

It seems to me that alot of older guys don't wave, they are in a bad mood or something...I don't know.

I was just going on a road trip and my mom wanted to drive so I was sitting passenger and everytime I saw another Wrangler, they would wave and since my mom didn't I would. It was hilarious, then my mom was all "ahhh crap I forgot" hahaha.

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #154
directedby

directedby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #155
SPDSNYPR

I have noticed that few people wave to me now that I'm in the JK (I've only had one return in the last week). The wave was common when I drove the TJ and the two wranglers before that. I don't know if people are uneducated about the wave or if they're being snobs.
SPDSNYPR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #156
CLynn85

So far I've received Zero return waves from JK's (4 or 5 so far).
Unread 01-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #157
Laxstar46

I'm 5/5 all the jk's i see wave first or wave back depending on whos paying attnt.
Laxstar46 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #158
SwearingYeti
1991 YJ Wrangler 

In short, I believe I can speak for myself and at least a couple of people out there, The Jeep was built for the war era, as almost an American tradition, as it won the war and then the hearts of Americans afterward. Now, I myself am sorry to see this wonderful American tradition, no, legend be thrown out the window to another country to make all the decisions for it and to engineer it more towards city dwelling and the yuppie class rather than those who really have use for it in the country. (sorry city-wheelers, no offense if you use it for what its made for) but to answer the question, I will continue to wave because we are as someone else said, "one big family"
SwearingYeti is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #159
Wolfpack97

I am glad to wave I have owned my TJ for 10 years and I still prefer mine to the JK BUT I have kids now and I will probably go the JK route in a few years myself. It just makes more sense for my family and safety. I hate the fact that I can't drive my daughter around in my Jeep! My wife and daughter both love my TJ but we never drive it because of the safety aspect and the room.

Sorry, I got a little side tracked.....Basically I don't think of it as a "yuppie" vehicle just a kid friendly version of the TJ.

I will always prefer my TJ but for a family the JK makes a lot of sense.

03 Toyota Sequioa 4x4: Loaded with all options but basically stock. This is the family hauler.......Miss the WJ but we need more room....
Wolfpack97 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #160
ChopperKrawler

Yeah, basically its the person in the jeep, not the jeep. I've had soccer moms pull up next to me in their "Barbie" Jeep tj stocker and never look over at me in my '82 Scrambler, hell they probably dont even know its a jeep. On the other hand I've had people in GC's and libertys almost have wrecks trying to look at it, so you never know...so try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, take initiative, and WAVE
Unread 01-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #161
cpd806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazwozel
Do you guys think they deserve a wave or are they too yuppy?

I'll wave...to be nice and if they wave first, but I know it'll kill me inside. I absolutly hate the new JK's and personally feel that the 05 line of Jeep Wranglers was the last true offroaders choice.

I mean come on optional 4wd, independent suspension, and power windows? I'm ashamed that the Rubi I bought off the lot had air conditioning let alone power windows.

I know that CJ and to an extent YJ owners feel the TJ is a yuppy Jeep, but at least they still feel like a Wrangler. These new JK's look like your typical SUV that won't see even a dirt road.

Not to you. Why would you post this on a JK sight. I would have never thought about buying a CJ or TJ or and other J. I like the JK becasue of the four doors and if I could have got leather seats I would have. Oh yeah I will probably never go true off roading.
cpd806 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.