Will you wave to a JK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will you wave to a JK?

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Closed Thread
Unread 05-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
Chazwozel

Will you wave to a JK?

Do you guys think they deserve a wave or are they too yuppy?

I'll wave...to be nice and if they wave first, but I know it'll kill me inside. I absolutly hate the new JK's and personally feel that the 05 line of Jeep Wranglers was the last true offroaders choice.

I mean come on optional 4wd, independent suspension, and power windows? I'm ashamed that the Rubi I bought off the lot had air conditioning let alone power windows.

I know that CJ and to an extent YJ owners feel the TJ is a yuppy Jeep, but at least they still feel like a Wrangler. These new JK's look like your typical SUV that won't see even a dirt road.

Unread 05-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazwozel

I'll wave...to be nice and if they wave first, but I know it'll kill me inside. I absolutly hate the new JK's and personally feel that the 05 line of Jeep Wranglers was the last true offroaders choice.

I mean come on optional 4wd, independent suspension, and power windows? I'm ashamed that the Rubi I bought off the lot had air conditioning let alone power windows.

I know that CJ and to an extent YJ owners feel the TJ is a yuppy Jeep, but at least they still feel like a Wrangler. These new JK's look like your typical SUV that won't see even a dirt road.
You my friend are mis-infomed. Only the 4-door is optional 4wd and both the 2 and 4 door has solid axles front and rear. So what if it has a/c, so does XJ's, Grands, Liberty's, my old Jeepster had the option even.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
Unread 05-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Of course I'll wave, one day I may be owning one myself.

Face it, Jeep has to make the move. Considering what they could do with the JK, the actual result is not that bad at all... even if it includes a few ammenities a Wrangler shouldn't have. I'm not a fan of them yet, but it's still a Jeep... and I like all Jeeps. Like it or not, they will be in showrooms in a few short months and they will be all over the roads.. the 4 door will sell like hotcakes too.

Btw, '06 is the last of the TJ model.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Unread 05-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yup...CJ's wave, YJ's wave, TJ's wave, even some built Cher. and GC's wave.......silly question
Unread 05-29-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
NWilhelm
1999 TJ Wrangler 

One group who don't usually wave (around here at least) is chicks. Whats up with that...I mean I guess they missed the memo or something...
'99 Chilli Pepper RED Jeep Wrangler TJ: Black Hard Top/Strapless Bikini/Viking Fast Back Top | Warn Rock Crawler Front Bumper | Homemade Rear Bumper | Black Herculiner interior | Rokmen Rear Corner Guards |

Red Jeep Club Member #352
Unread 05-29-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
yj_ryn

Sure, I will wave. We will all embrace the JK, it is just a matter of time.
Unread 05-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #7
strokinout

It will take time, but I'm willin' to budge on the subject. Hopefully someone will inform all the new owners about the Jeep wave so they don't look at you and think that they are better than you because they have a brand-new Jeep. You know some people will do that.

Now looking for a another Jeep soon
In memory of:
1997 Jeep Wrangler 6-cyl.
1994 Jeep Wrangler 4-cyl.
Unread 05-30-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
SwearingYeti
1991 YJ Wrangler 

So wait, are the new JK's the only Wranglers we can get, or will they make something similar to the TJ?
Unread 05-30-2006, 07:01 AM   #9
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToplessWrangler
So wait, are the new JK's the only Wranglers we can get, or will they make something similar to the TJ?
The JK replaces the TJ just like the TJ replaced the YJ.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #10
JeepThingTSi

you kno who doesnt wave in my 'hood. The h.s kids. Their parents buy 'em brand new wranglers, and the dont do anything or go anywhere with them. Don't get em wrong, not all h.s. kids are bad. Their is still the select few(like me and my friend) that wave. I'll drive by and the just keep movin on. Now the other jeep owners in the 'hood. Their still nice
1995 XJ Limited
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #11
Rommel
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Think before you speak.

-Romm
Unread 06-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #12
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

You might as well wave....I don't prefer the looks of them but eventually there will be very few CJ's, YJ's or TJ's to choose from...I will have to buy one.

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
Unread 06-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #13
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:

A TJ Yuppie???....give me a break

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
Unread 06-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #14
badtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Of course I'd wave, it's a jeep.

Metalhead Jeep Club #2
Unread 06-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #15
OffCamberTJ

Nope, I don't consider it to be in the same class as a CJ, YJ, TJ or LJ. They are not worthy of my wave

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.