Will these tires/rims work on a JK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will these tires/rims work on a JK?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
pbuchanan
2008 JK Wrangler 

Will these tires/rims work on a JK?

Does anyone here have experience with going to 14.50" wide tires on a JK Rubicon?

I currently have stock 31x10R17 tires on the stock rims which I believe have 6 1/4" back spacing. I am putting a 3.5 inch lift and want to go with 36x14.50R15 tires and I have found some steel 15" rims that will clear the brake calipers and have 4" back spacing. The new tires should be 2 1/4" wider on each side and the back spacing difference is by the same amount so I'm hoping it will clear.

Does anyone have experience doing this? I want to make sure I am right about this.

(Also does anyone know where I might be able to find 15x10 inch aluminum rims in a 5 on 5 pattern that will clear the JK brakes? I found the steel ones but would love aluminum if there are any out there.)

pbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back spacing , rim size , rims , tire clearance , tire fitment

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.