Will I regret ordering my 2013 JKU 4 door with half doors??? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will I regret ordering my 2013 JKU 4 door with half doors???

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #46
fordhearter
2013 JK Wrangler 

Check out this thread about half doors....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/l...doors-1402997/

On the 2nd page you will see pictures of my 2013 Black JKU with half doors. I havent updated any pictures lately but if you want something specific let me know, and I will snap some more photos.

fordhearter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #47
Fellows
2011 WK 

Don't get me wrong, I love half doors (especially on 2 door Jeeps) , but isn't easier to start with a full door, then get an aftermarket half door, tube door, soft door, etc, then the other way around? Can't hurt your resale value anyway.
Fellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #48
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordhearter View Post
Check out this thread about half doors....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/l...doors-1402997/

On the 2nd page you will see pictures of my 2013 Black JKU with half doors. I havent updated any pictures lately but if you want something specific let me know, and I will snap some more photos.
Sweet! Thanks for the link. I hopefully will still be ordering in the next week or two, but my business got flooded over night last night and have a TON of work cleaning up which will likely postpone ordering... No one ever plans on getting flooded. Just got to pick up all the pieces and press on. Nothing that can't be fixed or replaced, just a boat load of work and $$$...

I am definitely going with the half doors.

Fellows - Yes, I could get the full doors like 95%(just a guesstimate) of the others that buy JK's, but I really prefer the look of the half doors over the full doors and I have at least 8 1/2 months a year that I would be running half doors over full doors. I don't really care to store the full doors for 8+ months out of the year. I also like that my JKU will look different than 95% of the others.
Also, I am a Jeeper for life(however long God gives me here) and do not have any intentions to sell this jeep. I hope to be cruising around in it 10 years from now. Yes, I agree resale may be better for the full doors since that is what most people are running, but like many people have posted - It is probably easier to trade and get full doors versus trading for factory half doors. It really just comes down to personal preference...
SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #49
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

This has the lower 35 conversion - I am going to have a 2 1/2" lift with 35's so mine should sit a little taller... I cannot wait
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #50
fordhearter
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah half doors are awesome, especially now the weather is finally warm agian. I am planning on keeping my Jeep for life just like SuckerPunch so need to worry about resale. I live in VA close to D.C. and I have only seen two other half door JKU's in this area and I always have people asking about them. Even had a guy at Home Depot snap a picture of my Jeep.
fordhearter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #51
Fellows
2011 WK 

Half doors are rare because they are unpopular, not because they're exclusive. That being said I wish I had some in addition to my full doors because they do look awesome in top down mode and open the Jeep up quite a bit. I really wish I thought of rolling a set in with the loan idea. Doors and tops are one of those few mods that you can have it both ways if you're willing to throw some money down.
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #52
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

You can get hard uppers too if you want some more piece a quiet

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #53
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows View Post
Half doors are rare because they are unpopular, not because they're exclusive. That being said I wish I had some in addition to my full doors because they do look awesome in top down mode and open the Jeep up quite a bit. I really wish I thought of rolling a set in with the loan idea. Doors and tops are one of those few mods that you can have it both ways if you're willing to throw some money down.
I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that the full doors are more popular - but that does not make them more practical for me personally. I tend to go against what is popular. It must be something in my DNA. I know most people these days can't imagine owning a vehicle without automatic windows, locks, navigation, heated leather seats, etc, etc. I also think 2/3's of JKU owners have never owned a real jeep(wrangler, CJ, Kaiser,Willys) which is another reason there are more JKU's with full doors and hard tops that will never be removed.

I just can't justify buying 2 sets of doors and only using the full doors 2 to 3 months out of the year.
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #54
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

They're only less popular because the owner has changed. The 4-door brought the SUV/crossover/minivan drivers into the fray. That's the only reason there are substantially more full doors than half, when the exact opposite was true six+ years ago.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #55
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol
They're only less popular because the owner has changed. The 4-door brought the SUV/crossover/minivan drivers into the fray. That's the only reason there are substantially more full doors than half, when the exact opposite was true six+ years ago.
It's true the 4-door brought more mainstream buyers to the Jeep, however even the most modified, non-daily driver, 4 door Jeeps have full doors for the most part. Granted they might be off most of the time. I think the big decline in half doors for 4 doors is that's it twice the PITA to deal with then 2 doors were. The sides get scratched up easily, they don't come tinted, cold weather makes them brittle, the wind tries to suck them out when you unzip them at highway speeds, and they're 10 times louder. The fact you can completely remove the full doors for the full Jeep experience on nice days probably doesn't help the case for the half door. It's basically a glorified armrest. Granted its a cool looking armrest.
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #56
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Its a fantastic armrest...trying to lean out of the full door on the trail is impossible, and im tall. So much more vision with the half doors, makes a huge difference winter Wheeling when the doors are on
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #57
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol
Its a fantastic armrest...trying to lean out of the full door on the trail is impossible, and im tall. So much more vision with the half doors, makes a huge difference winter Wheeling when the doors are on
No argument there, but couldn't you get the same thing with a tube door, or no door? Or even the element door enclosure setup?

Another reason I think the half door isn't popular is because Jeeps are more expensive than they used to be. Most configurations get over $30K fast and not many people want to deal with all the inconveniences of a half door at that price. I think they could sell more if Jeep added a dual door option like they do a dual top option.
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #58
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellows View Post

No argument there, but couldn't you get the same thing with a tube door, or no door? Or even the element door enclosure setup?
Yes and no...tube doors are pointless unless they're like the element doors and provide full coverage so they can be covered...I did not want to pay the ridiculous price for the element skins, so I made my own @ $92...mine is jot a DD, so it works for me, but if it were a DD they would not be suitable for winter, nor would they be for rainy days.

How many JKs are not DDs?
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #59
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Honestly, I'd spend less time trying to talk you out of ordering half doors, and more time talking you out of ordering a black jeep!

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #60
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
Honestly, I'd spend less time trying to talk you out of ordering half doors, and more time talking you out of ordering a black jeep!

Hoss
hahaha...

Ouch!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.