Will I regret ordering my 2013 JKU 4 door with half doors??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will I regret ordering my 2013 JKU 4 door with half doors???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #31
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Will this be a daily driver or a weekend warrior? This makes all the difference, the Ohio Pollock obviously doesn't use his for a DD( looks good though) it gets rather pricey to buy the one you don't order....doesn't matter to me, either way, you're getting a JK...my final opinion is.........get what the wife wants, then she'll be more understanding when you want to buy more stuff!!!!!!!
Correct, mine is not DD, but I'd never push anyone into skinned tube doors that did DD...OE half doors on the other hand, hell yes!

My best piece of advice is this...its a lot easier to regret half doors and trade for full at no cost, than it is vice versa

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #32
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

That's assuming you can find someone that wants to trade with the same paint color. There are many new paint colors for '13 that don't cross over

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #33
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
That's assuming you can find someone that wants to trade with the same paint color. There are many new paint colors for '13 that don't cross over

He said he wants black
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #34
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

And I want my cake and to eat it too

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Black JKUR with full doors. I really wish I got half doors, esp since I live in Fl. Also have a hard top that has only been on for maybe a month of the time I have owned the Jeep since March 2011. Unless you have the full doors and hard top on. Locking a Jeep is a false sense of security. You can either not leave valuables in your jeep or you can have someone put a knife through your soft top. Just saying.
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #36
xlTravislx

1994 YJ Wrangler 

get half doors. full doors are all to common. that's all.
Unread 04-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010 View Post
Black JKUR with full doors. I really wish I got half doors, esp since I live in Fl. Also have a hard top that has only been on for maybe a month of the time I have owned the Jeep since March 2011. Unless you have the full doors and hard top on. Locking a Jeep is a false sense of security. You can either not leave valuables in your jeep or you can have someone put a knife through your soft top. Just saying.
Yeah, unfortunately glass windows don't stop the ****** bags from getting into your car either. Wife's car got broken into last year at a public park in a very nice part of town. She wasn't more than 300 yards from the car but the parking lot was crowded and packed with people. You are better off not leaving any valuables in the car or Jeep and leaving it unlocked. If a ****** bag is scoping a parking lot he probably won't mess with the car that is unlocked and empty. Now on the other hand, if you leave your work laptop in the floor board of the front seat with your purse(wife's not mine I promise) and lock the car - the jacka** will just bust out your window, reach in and never set off your car alarm. My wife found out the hard way
SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #38
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ok, here is another question. If I go with the half doors and upgrade to the premium soft top will that come with the matching half door uppers??? Or do the half door uppers only come in the 1 basic style? I'm just thinking that if I go with the half doors than I will most likely stick with the soft top instead of the hard top. I was originally looking at getting the premium soft top, but would want to make sure the upper doors matched. All the 4 door half door JKU's I have been looking at on collins bros look like they have the standard soft top and not the premium soft top. Hmmmm....
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #39
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
Get the half doors. If you don't like them, there are a million full door guys that will trade you in a heartbeat.
^ This! Factory half door are crazy expensive. I'd trade straight up.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #40
thedude386
2011 JK Wrangler 

I bought the besttop soft doors for my DD. I got to use them all summer last summer and they were fantastic. I commuted 50 miles each way with them and once they were adjusted correctly they didnt leak and were not too noisy. I bought them because I didnt want to pay the rediclous prices of the factory half doors. If you go with full doors, I would atleast get soft doors or skinned tube doors for the summer. I liked how small and light my softdoors are so I could take them off anywhere. I dont have my Jeep anymore (Was stolen and totaled in a crash and I didnt get enough from insurance to pay it off) but when I am able to get my next one, I plan on using my soft doors again.
thedude386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #41
Fellows
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckerPunch
Ok, here is another question. If I go with the half doors and upgrade to the premium soft top will that come with the matching half door uppers??? Or do the half door uppers only come in the 1 basic style? I'm just thinking that if I go with the half doors than I will most likely stick with the soft top instead of the hard top. I was originally looking at getting the premium soft top, but would want to make sure the upper doors matched. All the 4 door half door JKU's I have been looking at on collins bros look like they have the standard soft top and not the premium soft top. Hmmmm....
I don't think you'll won't be able to order a premium top with half doors. It wasn't an option when I ordered 9 months ago anyway. Half doors are rare as it is, and last i heard the half door interiors don't even match the new interior that came out in 2011. It wouldn't be cost effective for Jeep to offer two different uppers for such a rare option. But then again Jeep does a lot of things that don't make sense to me.

Half doors not available with hardtop either because it would look hideous and would be the least functional combination of all those components.

As far as power locks and windows go, I wouldn't worry about them for the maintenance aspect. I've had cars last over 200K and maybe change a lock or window once for less than $100 dollars. Plus you can take the doors off and work on them in your kitchen if you want. However running around a 4 door rolling all the windows up and down is just a PITA.
Fellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #42
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I don't think the premium soft top is an option with the half doors, but that's not a huge deal to me. I have pretty much decided I'm gonna go with the half doors! I talked to the wife and after showing her the pics of them she is on board. I really love the streamline look of the half doors. I actually like the look of the half doors with uppers and the top off look better than the top off with full doors on look. There are lots of things that have gone into my decision.

1. I wasn't planning on getting the automatic locks, windows, etc anyway on the full doors - so the zipper window really doesn't bother me.
2. I don't do interstate driving often so road/wind noise does not bother me when I'm driving around town.
3. The only time I will be using the uppers is during the winter or on rainy days. Otherwise the upper half doors will be tossed and probably the doors may or may not come off to.
4. I love running with the doors off, but I'm not sure how my young girls will like it or not. Having the half doors will allow me to remove the front doors and keep the half doors on for them if necessary. This would look better IMO than removing the front doors and having 2 bulky full doors on in the back.
5. If I have to have doors on then I just like the look of the half doors better than the full doors. I know these 4 door JKU's are different than any other Jeep I have ever owned, but I am honestly sick of seeing people drive around with doors on, full top, windows rolled up and AC on, in beautiful weather, everywhere I go - I probably see 30 JKU's like this before I see someone driving with at least the top off. I can only think of a few times in the past several years I have seen anyone in my area cruising with all 4 doors off and top off. Maybe there are too many soccer moms where I live
Unread 04-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #43
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Buy the half-doors in white, then swap them with me when you "don't like them". I already wish I hadn't wasted money on the hard top, let alone buying full-doors.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #44
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
Buy the half-doors in white, then swap them with me when you "don't like them". I already wish I hadn't wasted money on the hard top, let alone buying full-doors.
haha! I can't wait to get my order started in the next week or two.... waiting on something to come thru with my business in the next week or so. Once cleared I am good to go on ordering
Unread 04-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #45
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

I've owned 3 jeeps - 95 YJ(first jeep), 1984 CJ7, and 1970 CJ5. But this will be my first brand new Jeep. I don't think I could be anymore excited...

Is it normal to sleep in the Jeep the first night? I may just drive it around town all night because I sure don't think I will be able to go to sleep!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.