Will I regret ordering my 2013 JKU 4 door with half doors??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Will I regret ordering my 2013 JKU 4 door with half doors???

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #16
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Those doors look slick Mol. Dang you! I had almost made up my mind to get the full doors and now you got me thinking about it again! Nice work! I have a rainy day truck I can drive so I really wouldn't be using the upper half doors except for in the winter months(maybe 3 1/2 months out of the year). I think the half doors without the uppers looks awesome on the 4 door JKU's

SuckerPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

The factory half doors will insulate just fine, as does the soft top. Noisier than hard top/full doors? Certainly, but its a jeep! And like I mentioned, the trade for full doors threads go down quicker than they go up.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

I really wish there was a dealer close by that had the half doors I could see in person before ordering... I have never seen the half doors in my area and unfortunately not many dealers have them on their lot - probably because there isn't a ton of interest in them and not many people order them.
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
bill9274
2011 JK Wrangler 

i have a 2013 jku with manual windows and locks. i would get the full doors there quiter have a lock on them and easy to remove. i am going to install power door locks just because the back doors are a pain its a cheap mod $30 of ebay. i installed the same kit on my 2004 gmc a couple years ago still work better than my brother in laws 09 gmc with factory locks.

Bill
bill9274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #20
TWISTEDII
2008 JK Wrangler 

I searched for 2 years for someone to trade me their half doors for my full doors. I finally found someone a month ago or so, and I love my half doors. I had a TJ with half doors, and these are way nicer than I remember them being on my TJ. They are a little noisier than full doors, but like Mol said, it's a Jeep. Mine don't leak at all, and I don't have a window crack sticking into my knee anymore, and I have a nice arm rest by the window that full doors don't have. Plus I think they look better. It's a toss up, cuz from how it sounds, people either love em or hate em. I love em.
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #21
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Here is a picture of one that is as close to how I envision mine... minus kevlar paint, the 38" meat and 5" lift. I'm looking at 2.5" and 35's to start out... future would be 37's, etc, etc, etc, etc. I don't think the uppers look as bad on a black JKU 4 door. Opinions?
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

I also will have my 4 1/2 year old twin girls riding in the back seat with me a lot and I think I feel more comfortable having a door there than nothing at all - another reason I like the half doors. I could leave the half doors on in the back and take the front off for me.. I know a lot of this has to do with personal preference but I'm not worried about road noise or automatic doors and windows. I know some people can't imagine living without that stuff, but I would rarely lock the doors or roll the windows down. If the weather is nice, then why have the doors on?
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like you just sold yourself

/thread
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #24
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm still on the fence... the wife prefers the full doors. I need to find one with half doors that I could show the wife and get her input AND I would just like to see them in person versus pictures. Ultimately she wants me to get whatever I want, but I do let her feel she gets to help make some of the decisions
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #25
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckerPunch View Post
Ultimately she wants me to get whatever I want, but I do let her feel she gets to help make some of the decisions
Deep down you know it's the complete other way around...man, she is good
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #26
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
See I go the other way...
TMI, TMI!!!

J/K

To the o/p, I see new complete softops in the $500-$700 range for sale, and HT's in the $1300-$1800 range, so do the math an see which makes more sense for you.

Also, can you order the 4.10 gears from the factory?

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #27
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

This is craptastic! I'm dreaming about how nice the half doors would be but the upper half doors would probably look like crap on a hardtop(if I go with the hard top)
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #28
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

Looks just like my blacked out YJ with half doors
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #29
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Will this be a daily driver or a weekend warrior? This makes all the difference, the Ohio Pollock obviously doesn't use his for a DD( looks good though) it gets rather pricey to buy the one you don't order....doesn't matter to me, either way, you're getting a JK...my final opinion is.........get what the wife wants, then she'll be more understanding when you want to buy more stuff!!!!!!!
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #30
SuckerPunch
2014 JK Wrangler 

It will be a DD (I literally live 1 mile away from my office so no long commutes to work, etc). I also have a truck I can drive whenever I need to. I told the wife I was leaning back towards the half doors and she said, well... I guess you will have to show me some more pics of the half doors - I think she definitely prefers the full doors. We will see. I still have another week or 2 to decide on what I want to order so I'm not worried about figuring it all out today.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.