post #1 of 10 Old 10-28-2006, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
jam75944

why i went for rubi or sahara

ok quick list...

rubi- better looking rims/tires
6 speed
dana 44
4.10 gears
..over-all better stock package, without the worries of upgrading.

sahara-
body colored flares..

YES, i THINK THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON I WANTED THE SAHARA, UGH..

Hopefully bushwacker or any other brand will come out with better looking body colored flares than the rubi has.

Please keep in mind Im not an off roader, however rubi is just a better complete package in my mind/.

Pol of why others chose rubi over another model!!??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Fropleyqk

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam75944
ok quick list...

rubi- better looking rims/tires
6 speed
dana 44
4.10 gears
..over-all better stock package, without the worries of upgrading.

sahara-
body colored flares..

YES, i THINK THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON I WANTED THE SAHARA, UGH..

Hopefully bushwacker or any other brand will come out with better looking body colored flares than the rubi has.

Please keep in mind Im not an off roader, however rubi is just a better complete package in my mind/.

Pol of why others chose rubi over another model!!??
Wow, if you have no intention of offroading, you just wasted a lot of money.
Here let me help:
All in order to your reasons of buying a Rubi:

Could be upgraded at the dealership onto a Sahara
Sahara is also a 6 spd
Sahara also comes with a D44 option and
4.10 gears

The fact that you didnt even mention that the Rubi has a D44 FRONT axle too and selectable lockers tells me that you really havent done your homework.

Seriously, you don't need a Rubi unless you plan on taking it off road. But hey, it's your dime
post #3 of 10 Old 10-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Fropleyqk

2014 JK Wrangler 

Oh and, I'm not trying to be an a$$ but no one's really going to reply to your "poll". That topic has been beaten to death already. Read through some old threads.

post #4 of 10 Old 10-29-2006, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
jam75944

Quote:
Originally Posted by fropleyquark
Oh and, I'm not trying to be an a$$ but no one's really going to reply to your "poll". That topic has been beaten to death already. Read through some old threads.
Let me reiterate myself...If you are like most people you read through the post daily and keep up with what people are saying and discussing. A brief recap is due on your part, I will be so kind to help you....
As stated in previous post, I originally ordered a sahara auto. After driving a rubi stick this is where my dilema began. The 6speed won me over. After many intelligant and quite delightful conversions with the mature nice people on this board they helped me understand the true output and potential of the rubicon. The value of it, the convience of it and honestly the joy of it.
So, in short I canceled my order of a sahara auto for a fully loaded rubicon on the dealers lot. Why build up a sahara with all the options when I can just get it out of the box with a rubicon. I believe I have made a wise and financially sound, confident decsion.
If you need help with any clarification or translation of this post I would be more than happy to explain it in simple, mondain words you can understand.

I would like to thank everyone else for their open-mindness, opinons, and help.
I look forward to the joys of the RUBICON and wish the rest of you the same!

Thank you.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-30-2006, 05:04 PM
WOLFSTER

Beautiful Jam!!!....just beautiful! You ordered what you wanted and you are the one paying for it. 'Bout time some one came up with an eloquent answer to some of the people that post replies. Enjoy your new Jeep and dont let the bas***** wear you down!
post #6 of 10 Old 10-30-2006, 05:41 PM
gpwpat

why not get your rubi fenders painted to match? or heck buy a second set. get them painted and if you go into the woods change out the painted ones for the black ones so you don't scratch up your painted flares. these flares are painted all the time by the proes on other cars that are made from the same plastic. You could even get your dealer to paint them if you wanted to pay them.

then you get the best of both worlds. painted fenders with all teh off road stuff.

but heck I like the look of the black fenders on the green jeep I ordered.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-31-2006, 04:30 AM
Fropleyqk

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam75944
Let me reiterate myself...If you are like most people you read through the post daily and keep up with what people are saying and discussing. A brief recap is due on your part, I will be so kind to help you....
As stated in previous post, I originally ordered a sahara auto. After driving a rubi stick this is where my dilema began. The 6speed won me over. After many intelligant and quite delightful conversions with the mature nice people on this board they helped me understand the true output and potential of the rubicon. The value of it, the convience of it and honestly the joy of it.
So, in short I canceled my order of a sahara auto for a fully loaded rubicon on the dealers lot. Why build up a sahara with all the options when I can just get it out of the box with a rubicon. I believe I have made a wise and financially sound, confident decsion.
If you need help with any clarification or translation of this post I would be more than happy to explain it in simple, mondain words you can understand.

I would like to thank everyone else for their open-mindness, opinons, and help.
I look forward to the joys of the RUBICON and wish the rest of you the same!

Thank you.

Wow, I'm really sorry if I hurt your e-feelings.

Look, You asked a question and I answered it. If you really do read through all of the posts, you should understand the differences between the 2 models. Judging by your question, you don't. Which isn't a big deal, you're in the right place. These forums are designed to help people. There's also a forum "etiquette": Do a little digging before you ask a question. With this being a new model, there are a lot of new members here who havent spent much time on this site (or any other forum). So, repeated questions are tolerated a little more... but someone will usually chime in and let you know. If you think I was harsh, maybe you look for some advice here:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/welcome1.php

Theyre a nicer bunch.

And starting a whole 'nother thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333080

Very nice.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-31-2006, 05:27 AM
paroxysym
2007 WK 

only gripe i have about the sahara is the fact that with the upgrade to a trac-lock they dont offer the electronic swaybar, which kinda blows cause you have to get out and disconnect....

now if they every provide an electronic tire inflation system then youd never have to get out to go wheeling, push a couple buttons, pull a lever and boom... ready. i want to get a sahara, and i priced out both a rubi and a sahara and the diff. in price is $3k... wow! dunno what im doing.

2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
OEM+
post #9 of 10 Old 10-31-2006, 05:27 AM
shredX

FWIW - Sometimes old threads are just that...old & out dated.

People should search so the same questions aren't asked over and over again, but w/ a new model it's going to take a while before there's a general concensous (sp?) on some things. As more people acquire their JK's, some glaring issues may arise. That's what brought me to the on line forum world back when I picked up my 04 Titan w/ the brake issues.

Back on topic....
If you're not an offroader, and have the Rubi you could just switch out your tires. You'll have a quiet more forgiving ride on the road, and still have one hell of an off road vehicle. I'm sure someone on this forum would take them off your hands.
I would have picked up the Rubi if they had an Unlimited on the lot. My dealer had two 2-doors with automatic. ZZZZZZ I think I'll be fine w/ my 4x4 + 4.10 + LSD.

07 JK Unlimited X ~ Stone White & grey int ~ 4X4 ~ Trac-loc LSD ~ Tow w/ 4.10 ~ Power package ~ S package ~ Freedom Top ~ 16x7 w/ BFG AT 265/75/R16 ~ base radio w/ Sirius Sportster ~ Thule rack
post #10 of 10 Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Fropleyqk

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredX
FWIW - Sometimes old threads are just that...old & out dated.

People should search so the same questions aren't asked over and over again, but w/ a new model it's going to take a while before there's a general concensous (sp?) on some things. As more people acquire their JK's, some glaring issues may arise. That's what brought me to the on line forum world back when I picked up my 04 Titan w/ the brake issues.
Wow, thats funny, I had the exact same deal with my Titan.

And yeah, you'll have no problem getting rid of the stock Rubi Wheels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.