Who is running E rated tires on thier JK? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Who is running E rated tires on thier JK?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #16
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

I run 295/70/17 E rated trail grapplers and I love them, even though they are just as heavy as 35s. They ride very well when i set the air pressure between 32 and 35 psi. My jeep sits outside the Tire Shop were i sell and install tires and all the customer is sell these to love them as well. The ride quality is well worth the weight. I would like to do 35s soon and will be adding gears for those.

jbriones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

God, how I wish the Internet would quit lending the impression that the trail grappler is anything other than a heavy hunk of crap.

That tire you're running is for a 3/4 ton truck pulling a 12,000 lbs trailer.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutup Oprah
God, how I wish the Internet would quit lending the impression that the trail grappler is anything other than a heavy hunk of crap.

That tire you're running is for a 3/4 ton truck pulling a 12,000 lbs trailer.

Sent by Paper Planes

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #19
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm aware of load rating is but I also balance and install these tires everyday. They are just as consistent in uniformity as a Michelin tire.

We were not talking about what they go on or what they intended. The gentleman asked for what an e rated tire is on a jeep I like and I gave him my opinion. Not everyone on here rock crawls. A lot of us use our jeep on the street 80 percent of the time. This is a great, quiet, aggressive road tire. Which is a necessary product.

Some things are better left unsaid, and we are both entitled to opinions. So okay you stated yours just try not to piss on others as you go.
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #20
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Who said anything about rock crawling?

Anyways, keep drinking that nitto kool aid, bud.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #21
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

Will do bro...haha
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
LakeTravisJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

I ran some heavy BFG A/T E-rated 265-75-16's on my 2-dr for 6 months or so before I sold them to a guy to put on his ranch truck. Great pickup tire, but just didn't ride well on my lil ole wrangler with my X shocks. I ended buying some Rubi take-offs w/ rims and am much happier with the ride.
LakeTravisJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #23
merlin4979
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm running Toyo MT's in a 35, which are E rated. I really like them, haven't had any issues with them, on or off road. That said, do I wish they were D or even C rated? Yes. But I'd still run them again when these wear out.
merlin4979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
TrailDuty
2011 JK Wrangler 

I too am running e rated Toyo mt's in the 295/70r17 flavor and I love them. I think they ride great. Only change I would make is next time around ill go with 37s!
TrailDuty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #25
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

Toyo makes nitto as well. I agree toyo my is a great riding mt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.