HEATER CORE REMOVAL(from the 2007 JK Service Manual):
WARNING: Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to follow these instructions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.
NOTE: LHD model with A/C shown in illustrations. RHD and heater-only models similar.
See pic 1
1. Remove the HVAC housing assembly and place it on a workbench.
2. Remove the floor distribution duct from the passenger side of the air distribution housing.
NOTE: If the foam seal for the flange is deformed or damaged, it must be replaced.
3. Remove the foam seal (1) from the flange (4) located on the front of the HVAC housing (2).
4. Remove the screw (3) that secures the flange to the HVAC housing and remove the flange.
See pic 2
5. Remove the screw (1) that secures the bracket (2) retaining the heater core tubes (3) to the passenger side of the air distribution housing (5) and remove the bracket.
6. Carefully pull the heater core (4) out of the side of the air distribution housing.
Jeep Social Care Specialist