Where is a good location to mount a Vair air compressor under the hood? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Where is a good location to mount a Vair air compressor under the hood?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 07-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #16
Dragline

Do you also get the manifold and bracket? Or did you just get the compressor bracket? No issues with mine using both brackets and the manifold.

Dragline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
xj37
2014 JK Wrangler 

I just got the compressor bracket. i have all of the parts from my TJ setup and I am not using the air tank since it is a 2.5 gallon and will not work withthe tank mounts. only gunna use it to air up tires.
xj37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
xj37
2014 JK Wrangler 

Installed the compressor yesterday. It was easy with the bracket just a little tight getting the master cylinder nuts back on. Was surprised a bit that the master cylinder nuts were not that tight from the factory, guess it does not need to be that tight.
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #19
13blackjk
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have the 2.5 gallon tank and I need a place to mount it I was gonna order the skid plate that mounts the tank and covers the evap canister but says only jk till 2011 I have a 2013 does anyone know a good spot to mount it where it's out of the way
13blackjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #20
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackjk View Post
I have the 2.5 gallon tank and I need a place to mount it I was gonna order the skid plate that mounts the tank and covers the evap canister but says only jk till 2011 I have a 2013 does anyone know a good spot to mount it where it's out of the way
You could relocate the muffler and mount the tank in its place.
I cut out the rear tub and built a custom tub to house the entire system.
I think there are more pictures in my build "Obsession" thread linked below.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #21
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj37 View Post
I have the bracket now but was thinking on how strong is the brake booster with the added weight of the compressor? Does anyone know if this could be a issue over time?
3 years hasn't been a problem. The only thing I don't like about it - if I am coming down on the brake pedal at the same time as the compressor kicks in the vibration makes it feel like ABS is engaging and I end up altering my brake input before I realize what happened! For that reason I typically only run the compressor when I need it.
Unread 06-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #22
xj37
2014 JK Wrangler 

@jwmbishop -Thanks for the update. I did not have the 2010 Wrangler to long after mounting the compressor. Glad it is not a problem since I just installed it in my new 2014 Wrangler (new bracket was needed again).

Tags
air compressor , JK Wrangler , mounting , under hood , viair , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.