Where did all the Crush Rubicons go? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Where did all the Crush Rubicons go?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
lysol
2013 WK 

Where did all the Crush Rubicons go?

I cannot find a single Unlimited Rubicon in Crush Clear Coat with the following:

automatic transmission
dual top (black)
leather/heated interior (all black. no dark saddle)
power convenience
a/c with automatic temp control

Crazy! The wife wants me to trade in my Accord to get one finally and now the new ones are gone!! Oh well, I have contacted the dealers and am waiting for someone to trade theirs in now. The Grand Cherokee is nice but she was getting upset when I talked about modifying it. Works in my favor though!!!

Something about that orange...

Someone elses picture that I look at occasionally to keep me satisfied:

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
THespos
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was in love with Crush, too. It was my first color choice. Imagine my disappointment when I showed up at the end of March to my dealership to order one and they told me it had been discontinued.

My new Jeep is actually my fifth color choice. I gave the dealer this list:
  1. Crush
  2. Dozer
  3. Anvil
  4. True Blue
  5. Billet Silver
THespos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

there is a new orange/yellow I thought. Someone here posted what was the new colors for 14, linked from Alpar. Looks like something in between dozer and crush.

Our Dozer 2d Rubi has had a lot of compliments. I seen the rock lobster for the first time, it could grow on me. The commando green is gone I heard.
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Dead-On
2013 JK Wrangler 

I tried last October to get either of the oranges when I ordered my JKU but neither were available.
Dead-On is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
lysol
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
there is a new orange/yellow I thought. Someone here posted what was the new colors for 14, linked from Alpar. Looks like something in between dozer and crush.

Our Dozer 2d Rubi has had a lot of compliments. I seen the rock lobster for the first time, it could grow on me. The commando green is gone I heard.
There is a new color that is more yellow than orange. And then there is the color they are grabbing from the Dodge lineup as well.

I contacted about 10 dealerships in the area (D.C.). I have had to tell each one of them that I cannot settle on this. I have to have my color (Orange is my favorite lol). I've settled for every car I've bought before but this time it's different. I'm willing to take a used one as long as it's in great shape and low miles. I don't care about the Nav units though. I have the 730N in my Grand Cherokee and it sucks.
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

From what the salesman told me at the stealership is that the Gecko and Crush colors were produced in limited run. Obviously they are a hot color, and are much harder to track down. I scooped the last Crush on Long Island afaik
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
Dumpsterfish

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THespos View Post
I was in love with Crush, too. It was my first color choice. Imagine my disappointment when I showed up at the end of March to my dealership to order one and they told me it had been discontinued.

My new Jeep is actually my fifth color choice. I gave the dealer this list:
  1. Crush
  2. Dozer
  3. Anvil
  4. True Blue
  5. Billet Silver
Same here...though my top three included the discontinued-recontinued flame red.
Dumpsterfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #8
ace5ja
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm currently in the EXACT situation, but for me its a 2 door in gecko. A salesman and I have been looking for weeks for the specific color/options combo I want. It's very frustrating, but I'm not giving up yet!
ace5ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
lysol
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace5ja View Post
I'm currently in the EXACT situation, but for me its a 2 door in gecko. A salesman and I have been looking for weeks for the specific color/options combo I want. It's very frustrating, but I'm not giving up yet!
This will probably drag out for a while. I kind of figured that before hand. At least I'm not in a rush for another vehicle as my accord is a champ right now. I've been there were I've had to get the "wrong" vehicle because due to pressure. That's how I ended up with the Accord in the first place. It's a great car, but it's not me. I need a truck and the Unlimiteds are bad ***!!
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #10
THespos
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankinyj View Post
I scooped the last Crush on Long Island afaik
So, it was you, then...

THespos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
lysol
2013 WK 

I'm up to about 30 different dealerships now... lol. Most of them are trying to be lazy and get me in a new one in a different color, but some of them are working with me. I have wanted a Wrangler my whole life and I can finally get one. I will not give up until I am driving my Unlimited Rubicon Crush Automatic with Leather.
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

ask the Chrysler guy on this forum ..Lee I think his screen name is Jeepcares something like that. He might have the ability to conduct a wider search that you or the dealer.

just a thought
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
lysol
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm View Post
ask the Chrysler guy on this forum ..Lee I think his screen name is Jeepcares something like that. He might have the ability to conduct a wider search that you or the dealer.

just a thought
Thanks. I sent him a message.
Unread 06-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #14
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THespos View Post
So, it was you, then...

Did I mention it happend to be a 6-speed

Westbury, they had tried to sell me on black/silver/white. I stressed I didnt want a color just like every other one. I noticed it out of the corner of my eye walking through the lot. Of course the salesman was like "Oh thats an automatic, not what your looking for". Nope, Ill take this one
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #15
bluerockymtn

Gettel Toyota in Bradenton,fl has a crush rubi unlimited. Was working so I couldn't stop and look but I saw it was a hardtop. Website says auto with 25k
bluerockymtn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.