Where to begin? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Where to begin?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-29-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
amac42
2007 JK Wrangler 

Where to begin?

Being that I've had my first Jeep under a week (2007 Unlimited X) and that its pretty bare bones, the mods are going to come quick and heavy. Plans for cold-air intake, 1.5in budget lift, nerf bars, brush guard etc. etc. Anyways I have two big questions. 1st being is there anyone that has had any experience adding a cruise control to their 07? I've read mixed reviews on both brands and the installation process. I won't put many HW miles on it but I do have a long trip coming up and would love to have cruise for it. 2nd question, best place to order from. Most of the mods will be stuff that I'm going to be able to do myself so cost will be most of the issue. I've found a few places but just wondering if there were any hidden jewels out there that people use to order from.

Thanks!

amac42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:56 AM   #2
BWR
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mioght save thousands of dollars like I already have & check out the "Mods to avoid" on the forum. That cold air intake sounds like it really aint gonna do much for the JK.........

Cant help with the CC......mine came factory installed.

& Welcome to the forum
BWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
luigi0523
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ya might CK with Jeep, they may offer an a CC kit as an accessory. It's been my experience that OEM access. are often better quality.

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!
luigi0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #4
Da Hui

Dont do brush guard, CAI, or steps.

Go with an aftermarket bumper. They are more expensive, but unlike most brush guards, they offer actual protection for off roading and in case of an accident.

Go with Sliders instead of step rails. Sliders are also more armor and protect the vehicle.

I don't own a Jeep.
Da Hui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
dstephns
2008 JK Wrangler 

You can get the stock Rubi sliders. They are not as expensive as some but
probably don't offer as good protection either. They do work though.
dstephns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
amac42
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have heard that the Jeep CC was a better more reliable install. I'll take any advice you guys throw my way and I'll definately check out the mods to avoid thread. This site is fantastic!

Thanks!
amac42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

I had the dealership install the Mopar Cruise Control on my '07 X and it works great. Took them about 30 minutes, and looks like it came that way from the factory.
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
PanthersFan is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.