Where is the AC drain located on a 2012 Jeep Wrangler? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Where is the AC drain located on a 2012 Jeep Wrangler?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 04-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
mbu

Where is the AC drain located on a 2012 Jeep Wrangler?

I've been getting water in both driver and passenger side footwells and wanted to make sure the AC drain was working properly before going further.

Please note: It's probably a good bet it's the AC drain as I haven't washed the Jeep and it hasn't rained since I dried out the footwells. I did run the AC during that time and the moisture is back.

Thanks...

mbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

On my TJ it's under the battery tray. Should be a rubber hose about 1/2" sticking out of the firewall. It should also have a 90 degree bend on it with another short piece of hose pointing down to the ground. If this 90 degree bend is not there they what is happening is air is being forced back up the condensate line thus draining on the floorboard.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
LSSB

I would sure like to find out where the water is coming from. I am getting it on the driver side floor, but I have no clue where it is coming from.
LSSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbu View Post

I've been getting water in both driver and passenger side footwells and wanted to make sure the AC drain was working properly before going further.

Please note: It's probably a good bet it's the AC drain as I haven't washed the Jeep and it hasn't rained since I dried out the footwells. I did run the AC during that time and the moisture is back.

Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSSB View Post
I would sure like to find out where the water is coming from. I am getting it on the driver side floor, but I have no clue where it is coming from.

It isnt from the ac. Send me both of your emails and i can send you a dealer water leak diagnosis pdf. It shows how to find where the leak is coming from and how to fix it.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
mbu

I'm posting a picture of where the AC drain tube is located on the 2012 Wrangler in case someone else may want to know. The photo is taken from the driver side looking back to the firewall.
jeep-wrangler-2012-ac-drain-plug.jpg  

Last edited by mbu; 04-23-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
mbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
It isnt from the ac. Send me both of your emails and i can send you a dealer water leak diagnosis pdf. It shows how to find where the leak is coming from and how to fix it.
That would be most helpful, PM sent with address.

I have the following one but it only covers vehicles up to 2009. I would think Jeep would have fixed those areas for the 2012.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.b2I&cad=rja

Thanks...

Last edited by mbu; 04-23-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbu View Post
That would be most helpful, PM sent with address.

I have the following one but it only covers vehicles up to 2009. I would think Jeep would have fixed those areas for the 2012.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.b2I&cad=rja

Thanks...
That might be the one i had sent to you. I have checked mine with the one i sent you and it still had the same problem areas
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.