When did JK get upgraded rear axle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > When did JK get upgraded rear axle

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

i have an '07 bought Oct 15th '06. 6 speed and 4.10 gears, not a tow package. D30 front and D44 rear...
ive never seen these so called D35 JKs

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #17
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_blue View Post
So then maybe this is a dumb question but chalk it up to being a Jeep newbie... why is the D35 unsuitable for the rear axle but still suitable for the front axle? You have to get the Rubicon to get a D44 front axle. Unless it just has to do with the duty rating and that the rear axle is always engaged versus the front axle only part-time.
C-clip
Tiny ring gear
Rubber band housing
=
total piece of @#$*
Unread 04-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #18
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
i have an '07 bought Oct 15th '06. 6 speed and 4.10 gears, not a tow package. D30 front and D44 rear...
ive never seen these so called D35 JKs
Well- now you have. This one trashed the spider gears in his D35 during this run

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

was it just on the 2 door models? i dont see jeep putting them on an unlimited

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I believe the D35s used the older C clip retainer which was a real problem - if it broke, your axle slid out! Know some who had this problem. The newer D30 in the front uses a unit bearing that retains the axle, not a C clip in the pumpkin...also, the D30 in front is a high pinion which is inherently stronger because the pinion rides on the correct (strong) side of the ring gear. All for the better if you ask me.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #21
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Seeing that the 2 door JK Rubicon weighs 4,100 dry, I would say a D35 would be screaming under there. Can't even imagine what that thing would do under a four door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #22
aznjeep

2013 JK Wrangler 

Couldn't decide who to quote from above..

On my '99 TJ, I've got the D30 front, D35 rear, on 3.73 and 33x12.5 on 15" rims. I ran a Lock-Right locker in the front, until it cracked, then replaced it with an Aussie Locker. The D30 is still going strong, although I think my knuckle joints are going out. I just started to take it apart to find out what's going on.

My D35... well, one time I blew out the clutch pack from the Trac-Lok, and the other time, I blew out my side and spider gears on a moderate trail (my fault really, the rear-end hopped up, and I didn't let off the gas fast enough before it came down). Mine is c-clipped, and a Super35 is on my list. However, I do know they made 2 versions of the D35.. c-clipped and non-c clipped... FWIW...
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.