Wheels...Rubicon vs Sahara - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Wheels...Rubicon vs Sahara

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #16
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Are the stock Goodyear Wranglers 31"?

Unread 05-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #17
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

The SR-As
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #18
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Supply and demand, and popularity of size = volume sales. Few vehicles run 18", most trucks now run 17", older trucks ran 16". 16" will be cheaper, but 17" will give you more variety but most 17" are also E rated which are a little heavy for a 2dr... It is getting to the point now that most of the nice wheels only come in 17" or larger.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
orviston
2012 JK Wrangler 

ODF trail map

i thought I could contribute.. I have worked with the ODF for years,, prior to the recreation group even being formed. I raced/rode offroad for decades so I know the country extremely well and have a few trails with my name (moniker on them). however, I haven't wheeled the range much since they formalized the trail system.. back with my 85 toy I did , but now I have a '12 JK Rubicon that is getting 3" taller today with 35s for skins. I don't want to bash it up, but I am going to start hitting the woods this spring with it.

For all those interested here is one map.. there are a couple other.. and an area to the south that is not mapped on purpose as a part of our agreement not to make it grand central station.

http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamooks...s/tsfohv09.pdf

gus
aka team sven
aka sven svenson
aka future fast guy
aka silver bullet .... don't ask

DEnnis
orviston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

i would go with the 17's just because i like the more sidewall in my tires.
wranglernut14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

You know you can get steel wheels for about $75 each, right?
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92600_212_07.htm

That's just an example from Quadratec. They can be had for $60 if you do some shopping around. They also have less backspace for if/when you go to a wider tire.

Edit - I can't believe I wasted my 1700th post on this

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #22
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
You know you can get steel wheels for about $75 each, right?
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92600_212_07.htm

That's just an example from Quadratec. They can be had for $60 if you do some shopping around. They also have less backspace for if/when you go to a wider tire.

Edit - I can't believe I wasted my 1700th post on this
But then I also have to buy tires right away lol
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orviston View Post
i thought I could contribute.. I have worked with the ODF for years,, prior to the recreation group even being formed. I raced/rode offroad for decades so I know the country extremely well and have a few trails with my name (moniker on them). however, I haven't wheeled the range much since they formalized the trail system.. back with my 85 toy I did , but now I have a '12 JK Rubicon that is getting 3" taller today with 35s for skins. I don't want to bash it up, but I am going to start hitting the woods this spring with it.

For all those interested here is one map.. there are a couple other.. and an area to the south that is not mapped on purpose as a part of our agreement not to make it grand central station.

http://www.oregon.gov/odf/tillamooks...s/tsfohv09.pdf

gus
aka team sven
aka sven svenson
aka future fast guy
aka silver bullet .... don't ask

DEnnis
Thanks man! Appreciate it!
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orviston View Post
i thought I could contribute.. I have worked with the ODF for years,, prior to the recreation group even being formed.
gus

the River Why, correct? Gus Orviston?
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.