Wheel and Tire Sizing Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Wheel and Tire Sizing Question

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Bluenation13
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wheel and Tire Sizing Question

Hey all- Im new so stick with me here;

I have a 2013 jeep wrangler 2D w/ 17" stock wheels and tires, I want to upgrade my tire size... Whats the biggest tire (the one that would add the most height, width does not matter to me) I can have without creating problems? Any suggestions or help is appreciated

Bluenation13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
LoneWolf
2009 JK Wrangler 

You'll have to better define what "without creating problems" means. If you mean without lifting or trimming your flares, you can go up to 33s.

2009 JKX - Stock, for now ...
My videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKB...AoLi1Zg/videos
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

285/70/17 is a fairly popular size to run on stock wheels and they measure to approx. 33".

You may need wheel spacers to prevent rubbing against the air dam at full turn. I've ripped the air dam off both our JK and JKU; mainly because I think it's fugly.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
ncb

Rubicon size tires will give you zero problems.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Try the search feature or browse the faq's. All the info you need is there, lots of good info!
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Bluenation13
2013 JK Wrangler 

no problems means no rubbing and keeping stock suspension and stock everything that came with my jeep.. I dont want to lift it or add spacers or anything like that, hopefully that helps yall answer I have 17"s wheels btw.. So whats the wheel that will give me the most height?
Bluenation13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

You're only going to gain an inch or so from tires. Probably not even that much.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
LoneWolf
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godholio
You're only going to gain an inch or so from tires. Probably not even that much.
That's correct. Wheels/tires alone might be Ok if you're only looking to make it look good, but you're not gaining enough functionality to matter.

Why so determined not to lift? The smaller lifts -- leveling kits, budget boosts and 2.5-inch coil lifts don't make any radical changes to the vehicle, yet will let you fit up to a 35-inch tire.

Sent via Jeep Wave from my iPhone

2009 JKX - Stock, for now ...
My videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKB...AoLi1Zg/videos
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.