Wheel & Tire Combo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Wheel & Tire Combo

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Jayme
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wheel & Tire Combo

Newbie here, just bought my first Jeep. 07 Sahara with the 18" wheel package. Need to replace the rubber on it and MT's are to just to expensive for 18" wheels. My question is will 16" wheels fit with the rotors and calipers on this Jeep. Also what is the largest tire that will fit without rubbing. Any help would be appreciated.

Jayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

You can go with 16, 17, or 18 inch wheels, as all of these are factory options. Some have reported certain 15's with appropriate backspacing will fit. Looks wise, I prefer 17" on the JK, especially the 4 door, but that's just an individual preference. There are more options available for 17" than there are for 18". Without a lift kit or anything, you can safely go with 32" as this is what comes on the Rubicon, and incidentally, is the same size you have now on your 18" wheels. Some people run 33", but report minor rubbing with heavy wheeling. It's hardly worth the expense of new tires for only a 1" gain in diameter. Budget boosts will raise the Jeep 2" and get you a little more clearance for cheap (enough for 33" without rubbing). A good 3" regular suspension lift will let you run 35" without a problem. If you stay with the 18" wheels and go with a 3" suspension lift and 35" tires, you will need wheel spacers. If you want aftermarket wheels, 17 X 9 with 4.5" backspacing works good with 315/70-17 tires (which is 35" for those of you in Rio Linda) and a 3" suspension lift. That combination will not require wheelspacers because 4.5" is adequate backspacing. Here is a picture of my BF Goodrich All Terrains 315/70-17 on 17 X 9 wheel. I had it just sitting on the ground in front of my truck, so there is something to reference to for size. My JK is still on order (since February 24)

Last edited by Prot; 09-25-2007 at 02:55 PM..
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Malpaso

What are the best tires for snow, wide or skinny?
Unread 04-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
Bamoman
2007 JK Wrangler 

here is mine with the 2.5 Teraflex BB and a 3/4 leveling spacer up front for leveling with Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/70 r17 on Pro comp 1069s 17x9s

easy lift to put on, took me less than 3 hours with the help of one. lift cost 364.00 spacer 30.00 5 tires and rims, mounted,balanced, Gorilla lugs, and no questionms asked Road Hazzard 2200 bucks? give or take?

Auto|Sirius|Trac-lok Rear Diff |35 12.50 17 MT Radial MTZs| Pro Comp 1069 polished 17x9s|Teraflex 2.5 BB|3/4 Skyjacker leveling spacer
Trail Guide Nav|Amsteel Synthetic rope 100'|Shrockworks Alum Fairlead|Grab Handles x 4|Front Winch Bumper|Rear Bumper w Tire Carrier
Tow Grp|Shrockworks Rock Sliders|T-Max 9k Winch|Wireless Winch Remote|Roadboy Fog Lights

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.