Wheel Confusion by a foreigner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Wheel Confusion by a foreigner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 11-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
MACollegeKid

Wheel Confusion by a foreigner

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and I did read through the FAQ and did get a little smarter, but still do not fully get it. So, I do own a 2010 JK Sahara 2 door and want to get rid of the normal Dueler tires. I think I want to go with the GoodYear MT/R with Kevlar or the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain Tire. As I own a Sahara, I thought about going with the stock 18inch rims, or should I change to 17inch? (if so, what would be the advantage?)
I dont want to lift the Jeep nor use wheel spacers, so I guess I will have to go with 32inch tires. Which would be also beneficial to fit the spare tire on the original mount, correct?
Last but not least, if it would be better to go with 17inch rims, should I use steel or aluminum?

Kind regards from the Swiss

MACollegeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
240Dbio
2010 JK Wrangler 

steel if you want to go off roading. 17inch or smaller if you want the tires to be WAY CHEAPER. I got 17s because I planned on sticking with stock wheels, but changed my mind after I bought the tires.....oh well.
240Dbio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 03:44 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.
Unread 11-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
MACollegeKid

Thanks for the answers, even if just for a Hi. Now, I might think about a lift, but only 2". The tire guide says nothing about lifting if it will make the tires scratch if I lift the car by 2". Do I need wheel spacers with 33inch wheels and a 2inch lift? Are there any original Mopar wheel spacers?

Thanks
MACollegeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
saharac
2007 JK Wrangler 

Smaller wheels are cheaper and cost of tires for them are also lower....
You can run run 33' tires with a stock JK with no rubbing, so you should be good with a 2" lift..
saharac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.