what's a good soft top cleaner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > what's a good soft top cleaner

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
mudman1

what's a good soft top cleaner

hi, i have a 2008 black soft top. i wanna clean it, but i don't wanna use something that will make it fade in the sun or anything. so what's a good, safe cleaner? thx

mudman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

Bestop makes a cleaner specifically for the soft top. Bestop 11201-00 - Bestop® Cleaner 16 oz. - Quadratec
rjt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Carwash soap and water is fine to use on it. Or Bestop's soft top cleaner. Or any other convertible top cleaner. But really mild soap and water is just fine, and all you need. If you need to get into the texture of the fabric/vinyl use a soft brush.

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

All I've ever done is typical wash (car wash soap & water). Then maybe once a month or so I'll use the bestop stuff.
Unread 04-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I've always heard on the TJ forums that carwash soap is bad because the wax will cloud the soft top windows. I use regular old dish liquid.
Unread 04-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

By car wash soap, I mean the stuff you add to a bucket of water and wash with by hand. Like Meguiars or Mothers. They do not have wax in the soap. Not the automatic carwash. Sorry I should have been more clear. Dish soap will strip your wax off the paint. Especially Dawn. If you must use something in the household use baby shampoo, or even a mild dilution of vinegar in your wash water.

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.