Whats the difference between Flares and Fenders? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Whats the difference between Flares and Fenders?

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 10-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
Butterbuddha

2010 JK Wrangler 

No problemo!

<SHAMELESS PLUG>I live in Hampton, and am a member of Middle Peninsula Jeep Association. I strongly encourage you to mosey over to mpjai.com and register on our forum. Its free and without obligation (I have the same nick over there). We are a bit far from the beach, meeting at the Dunkin Donuts on Jefferson in NN every Saturday morning to shoot the bull We also have a monthly meeting at the Pomoco near there. Anyways lots of useful info and peeps on the club forum. Mention my nick when you register!</SHAMELESS PLUG> Anyways, you might also want to check out Tidewater 4Wheelers, Starr Motors Offroad Club, or KMA. There used to be a VB club but I don't think they are around any more.

Anyways, there isnt much for trails on this half of the state. Starr Motors in Suffolk has a small offroad course behind the dealership that they open every now and again. That is about the only local legal place. Everything else is 3+ hour drive. You just missed a club run down to Corolla Beach yesterday!

Unread 10-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #17
Corvito
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbuddha View Post
No problemo!

<SHAMELESS PLUG>I live in Hampton, and am a member of Middle Peninsula Jeep Association. I strongly encourage you to mosey over to mpjai.com and register on our forum. Its free and without obligation (I have the same nick over there). We are a bit far from the beach, meeting at the Dunkin Donuts on Jefferson in NN every Saturday morning to shoot the bull We also have a monthly meeting at the Pomoco near there. Anyways lots of useful info and peeps on the club forum. Mention my nick when you register!</SHAMELESS PLUG> Anyways, you might also want to check out Tidewater 4Wheelers, Starr Motors Offroad Club, or KMA. There used to be a VB club but I don't think they are around any more.

Anyways, there isnt much for trails on this half of the state. Starr Motors in Suffolk has a small offroad course behind the dealership that they open every now and again. That is about the only local legal place. Everything else is 3+ hour drive. You just missed a club run down to Corolla Beach yesterday!
Well i actually live specifically in Portsmouth. But yeah i hear you, I may come check you guys out when i get back in from sea. But yeah i noticed Virginia looks down highly on us Wheelers, its why im looking to join a club where its more organized and i wont get ticketed for tearing up a filed nears some old train tracks! lol
2014 JKU Wrangler "UMBRA" - 3" Rubicon Express Lift Kit | Bilstein 5100 shocks | 33" Nitto A/T | 17 Pacers | RockHard Skid Plates | Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper | Mile Marker 8000 LB winch | Black Mesh grill | Rampage Locking Gas Door |
Corvito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
Butterbuddha

2010 JK Wrangler 

Definitely respect that. Shoe Creek is the most popular trail in the George Washington National Forest, and bit by bit its getting closed due to Jabronis tearing up neighboring private property.

For public property wheeling, Youtube Shoe Creek, Flagpole Knob, Potts Mountain, possiby Big Levels but dunno if that will yield any results. Once you want to plunk down some dollars for big bang fun, youtube Big Dog Offroad, The Cove VA, or the Annual at Oakridge VA. Even the events at Starr Motors have some videos online. That will give you an idea of what we have in our state.

A 5-6 hour drive will get you to Rausch Creek PA, or Uwharrie National Forest in NC. A few more hours west is the Black Mountain Offroad Park in Harlan, KY.
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #19
Corvito
2014 JK Wrangler 

cool thanks man, i may have to meet up with your club soon as im back though and see what yall are about! My jeeps not ready for rock crawling, but hopefully some of those trails arent too challenging for me. im gearing mine towards mudding and trails. Also where exactly is shoe creek and where do you get your Jeep worked on?
2014 JKU Wrangler "UMBRA" - 3" Rubicon Express Lift Kit | Bilstein 5100 shocks | 33" Nitto A/T | 17 Pacers | RockHard Skid Plates | Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper | Mile Marker 8000 LB winch | Black Mesh grill | Rampage Locking Gas Door |
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Butterbuddha

2010 JK Wrangler 

Don't sweat that, we have lots of stock and near stock rigs in the club, all the way to trailer queens. You can probably navigate every public trail in VA except a small section of Potts Mountain, which might leave you a souvenir or two on your ride LOL. The Annual at Oakridge is a pay event every year (actually Wheeling 4 Hope is coming up next year there) much more challenging obstacles, with bypasses on virtually everything. Its run by VA4WDA and Tidewater 4 Wheelers. Good stuff. Big Dogs Events are expensive but even if you brought a full blown rock buggy they would have something for you.

Check your PMs I'll send you some info on Shoe Creek.
Unread 10-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
Corvito
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the help and info, hope to meet up with you soon when im back!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.