What size lift on my Jeep jk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What size lift on my Jeep jk

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO April Instant Rebate: Up to $75 off Flowmaster Products!50% Off Sale at KrawlOff-Road.com

Unread 10-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
bigbumblebee

What size lift on my Jeep jk

Have 33 nitto trail grapplers with no lift. With stock fenders. I want the flat fenders but I also want a lift. I don't want to make my tires look small. What size would be just right for occasional off roading (mud/dunes). Thank you!

bigbumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #2
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Cut your stock fenders (free flat fenders). I would just level it out if you dont plan on going with larger tires later on.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...reads-1074059/
And read that, too. It should help.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
ncb

Flats will make 33s look small. Add some lift and they'll look like Prius tires.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Cut your stock fenders (free flat fenders). I would just level it out if you dont plan on going with larger tires later on.
ncb is right, you'll look like you are rolling on roller skates.
BUT, if you plan to go with larger tires and plan to do the DIY flat fenders (as I have done), follow this video made by Charles... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/i...tting-1309156/
"Boing Clash Boom!" - Dada Life
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
bigbumblebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails
ncb is right, you'll look like you are rolling on roller skates. BUT, if you plan to go with larger tires and plan to do the DIY flat fenders (as I have done), follow this video made by Charles... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/i...tting-1309156/
thank you so much but I can't find the video. What's it called on YouTube?
bigbumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I agree that the tires will look small. Just giving the OP a cost-effective option for flat fenders. I would move up to 35s, cut the fenders, get some 1.5" wheel spacers, trim the pinch weld and a 2.5" coil lift. Solid setup.

I cut my fenders a few months ago. I left them on the Jeep (some take them off). Taped the shape I wanted and went to town with a jig saw. Then bought two amber, 1" LEDs and mounted them into a 1" hole I drilled in the body on the very front under the fender. Took about an hour for the whole thing.

Unread 10-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #8
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbumblebee View Post
thank you so much but I can't find the video. What's it called on YouTube?
"Front and Rear Jeep JK Fender Cutting from start to finish. Includes keeping the fender liner."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EppDwS34sXs
"Boing Clash Boom!" - Dada Life
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.