What is this Plug? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What is this Plug?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
horaceunit
2013 JK Wrangler 

What is this Plug?

Anybody have any idea what this might be for? I have a new 2013 Wrangler Sport that has A/C as it's only option (it is a manual too). Was scoping out where to run the power wire for a CB install and took the side dash cover off on the drivers side to find the foam-filled access hole. In that general location is a plug that is not connected to anything. 3 pins and 3 wires. Anybody got any idea?

plug3.jpg

plug2.jpg

plug1.jpg

Unread 09-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Cruise control?
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Do you have fog [OK, technically driving] lights? If you do not have the factory bumper mounted lights, then I believe that might be the wiring harness for them and hence why it's not routed (fully connected) through the firewall.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangFoo View Post
Do you have fog [OK, technically driving] lights? If you do not have the factory bumper mounted lights, then I believe that might be the wiring harness for them and hence why it's not routed (fully connected) through the firewall.
The fog light switch sends communication to the EMIC over the Local Interface Network, (LIN), then to the TIPM over the CAN data bus. The wires in the OP's picture are probably not LIN or CANbus wires.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
horaceunit
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah it does have the fog lights. I do not have pretty much any other options- everything else is standard. Mainly I was wondering if it could be used to power an accessory, but to know that I would really like to know what it was supposed go be for originally. Thanks for the ideas though!
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #6
Morb
2012 JK Wrangler 

Might be for the handsfree option, and would route up to the microphone in the upper left windshield trim.
Morb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Wire for the power sunvisor option?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.