What lift for 2012 Jeep with 33's? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What lift for 2012 Jeep with 33's?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 05-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #121
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Hmmm, yeah...I probably dont know what I'm talking about...but you do:

Quote:
Your jeep is going to look very weird with a 3.5" lift and 33s. Besides the fact that you will ruin the handling of it, you didn't actually gain any use out of it since your axles are still not any higher...so your none of categories for lifting the jeep get met.

1) Offroad effectiveness.....nope.
2) Appearance.....nope.
3) Added clearance? Nope.

Don't do it.

For offroading, you want the minimum whatever to get the job done. You want the biggest tire you can afford/run and just enough lift to clear them.
Please...bite your tongue, clean off......you post stuff that is factually inaccurate, then when called on you try to take others posts out of context. And, when talking LIFT....we are referring to the lift kit there stud, not the lift in height.....You diin't bother reading the whole thread, you posted stuff that was borderline idiotic....but hey, hey did post some cool oversaturated pics of your MOAB trip at every friggin forum.

LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #122
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrs2000nyc View Post
You want to get MAXIMUM articulation with MINIMAL lift...which is what was done on the JK I posted.
Oh, the JK you posted is linked with coilovers?

Quote:
clearly you know better
Clearly you don't
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #123
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
For offroading, you want the minimum whatever to get the job done. You want the biggest tire you can afford/run and just enough lift to clear them.

Quote:
I didn't say "buy the most expensive big *** tires." I said buy the tires you want and do enough to clear their travel.
Wrong again my friend....but lets not derail this, we'll just agree to disagree.
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #124
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post

Wrong again my friend....but lets not derail this, we'll just agree to disagree.
That was the sentence I said I mispoke. I meant to say to get the biggest tires you WANT and run enough lift to clear them. I clarified this in my earlier post, but again, if you want to latch on to a sentence, not much I can do.
nfrs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #125
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Latch onto one sentence? Or just one really dumb sentence at a time......oh, and pot. thy name is kettle.

Damn it, this is actually the first time I've gotten angry on this forum.....
a9779_orig-jesusfacepalm.jpg  
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #126
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Latch onto one sentence? Or just one really dumb sentence at a time......
Real mature. Anyway, do as you see fit on your vehicles.
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #127
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Real mature. Anyway, do as you see fit on your vehicles.
and you on yours, but please stop giving advice.....
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #128
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTB...e_gdata_player
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #129
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey, don't you have a baby to get ready for or something? Shouldn't you be throwing some armor and upgraded suspension on a stroller?
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #130
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Im not looking to make enemies on any forum (with the exception of some in their politics section ) but sometimes I fail to see the logic and reasoning behind most advice. Most (after about a page of a discussion) forget the OP and just start babbling advice. My first post in this thread was not to lift it. The 2 door already has a slightly twitchy ride, so lifting it when NOT necessary seems like a pointless exercise to me (granted, capper mentioned this earlier). Discussing things like articulation etc in a thread where the OP stated (twice) that he is doing this for looks and doesn't care about offroad performance is also a pointless exercise. My advice for the OP was pretty simple, and I don't know why Capper decided to get personal, taking my comments out of context (except one, where I admittedly misspoke)....since he is only interested in looks, and doesn't care about offroad abilities, then he should get whatever tires he wants (so that he only has to address the suspension once) and make sure he has clearance for them, so that eventhough he doesn't take the rig offroad, it is still CAPABLE offroad, that's all.

My general statement about articulation vs height was also pretty simple...anytime you can gain articulation without gaining height its a good thing. Gaining articulation without height isn't cheap on a JK unfortunately, but nevertheless, the two are actually separate entities (although one is a byproduct of another.)

I don't see what the OP would gain with a lift, other than smaller looking wheels and a slightly twitchier highway ride (for his purposes.)
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #131
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Dude, I didn't take your comments out of context...I quoted you directly.....and you just kept going and going and going. It was more than one comment, and its frustrating......theres seven pages covering the issue.....several posts by me and others explaining things to the OP, then you pop in with one post that was just full of crazy.
On a couple of occasions I suggested just letting it go, but then you'd say something else and it just got under my skin. I try to be the voice of reason around here...I've been doing this quite awhile and know what I'm talking about. I don't at all like calling people out....but bad advice and factually wrong information here can be a big problem. We try to give people options, and good ideas from personal experience... and when someone comes along and posts something like you did, it hurts us as a community because it is our credibility....its very frustrating. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, thats not cool....but I gave you a few chances for an out and you just kept putting your foot back in your mouth after I winched it out.
I'm done with the back and forth with you, if you want you can message me....but at this point its just getting silly and taking away from the goal of helping people.
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #132
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Capper, just to show you that we are probably on the same page, would you not agree...say you have a suspension system and you need 1" of clearance for full articulation of the given suspension...in your opinion, what is the smarter move, to get flat fenders to get that 1" of travel, or to lift the vehicle by 1" to gain that 1" of travel?
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #133
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Capper, just to show you that we are probably on the same page, would you not agree...say you have a suspension system and you need 1" of clearance for full articulation of the given suspension...in your opinion, what is the smarter move, to get flat fenders to get that 1" of travel, or to lift the vehicle by 1" to gain that 1" of travel?
1" of clearance? I'd probably tell the person to check their stock springs....most likely they can get that 1" by simply getting some stiffer takeoffs from a JKU Rubicon, or craigslist, or the dealer. Next up would be some 1" coils spacers. both solutions are less than $200, can be installed by a novice in an hour or two, and both would keep the factory ride..
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #134
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
1" of clearance? I'd probably tell the person to check their stock springs....most likely they can get that 1" by simply getting some stiffer takeoffs from a JKU Rubicon, or craigslist, or the dealer. Next up would be some 1" coils spacers. both solutions are less than $200, can be installed by a novice in an hour or two, and both would keep the factory ride..
I meant from a functionality point of view (disregard price) and those are your two options... Wouldn't you agree that if you can accomplish something (in this case, gain that 1" of clearance) without lifting the vehicle and raising its center of gravity then that's the way to go? Obviously this is an extreme example and not going to happen in the real world for 1" (because like you said, other options are far less expensive and easier)...this is purely a functionality example.
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #135
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Dude.....did....you....read....this.....whole....t hread?! STEP AWAY FROM THE ABSOLUT!!!!!!

Tags
2012 , 33's , body , lift , suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.