What lift for 2012 Jeep with 33's? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What lift for 2012 Jeep with 33's?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #91
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post
Man, based on what you need, I'd stick with some 1.75-2" coil spacers...which are going for about$150......Theres no sense in buying a lift likethat in my opinion. If you want a real lift save up for a month or two and buy the Terflex BB, or the Rock Krawler Stock Mod, etc....but only buy those if you are going to offroad.
X2. But if you really want to put a spring lift on it, look at a Terra Flex 2.5". Gives the height and is full spring, so you can disconnect off road if you want, but doesn't put you at that 3" threshold that can lead to other required changes.

dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #92
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
X2. But if you really want to put a spring lift on it, look at a Terra Flex 2.5". Gives the height and is full spring, so you can disconnect off road if you want, but doesn't put you at that 3" threshold that can lead to other required changes.
Good recommendation.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #93
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The Teraflex 2.5" is $679.95 with shocks. That is much more than the Zone 3' lift and .5" lower. Why would I do that? Because Teraflex is more popular?
RiseAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #94
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove View Post
The Teraflex 2.5" is $679.95 with shocks. That is much more than the Zone 3' lift and .5" lower. Why would I do that? Because Teraflex is more popular?
Teraflex is very highly regarded, so that's the reason for the brand suggestion. The 2.5" suggestion is to keep you away from that magic 3" number. As a rule, you won't have any additional changes (drive shaft, etc) if you stay 3" or less, but 3" is the threshold. A 2.5" lift ensures that you avoid the issues with taller lifts.

I come from the TJ side of things and there were many exceptions to the "keep it under X" rules and people were upset when they were forced to do additional mods due to driveline issues, even when they didn't exceed the rule. Things may be different in JK land (I'll leave it to others to speak up if I'm off base).
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #95
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Teraflex is very highly regarded, so that's the reason for the brand suggestion. The 2.5" suggestion is to keep you away from that magic 3" number. As a rule, you won't have any additional changes (drive shaft, etc) if you stay 3" or less, but 3" is the threshold. A 2.5" lift ensures that you avoid the issues with taller lifts.

I come from the TJ side of things and there were many exceptions to the "keep it under X" rules and people were upset when they were forced to do additional mods due to driveline issues, even when they didn't exceed the rule. Things may be different in JK land (I'll leave it to others to speak up if I'm off base).
I gotcha. Thanks for your input!
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #96
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

But no one has read or heard of any reviews from the Zone or ORV lifts?
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #97
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
But no one has read or heard of any reviews from the Zone or ORV lifts?
Zone is a decent company, made by ;BDS iirc.

What everyone is tying to tell you is that 3" (or more) of lift is too much for 33's, and completely unnecessary .

33's will fit stock OK, fit fine with a front leveling kit, and clear no questions asked on a leveling/budget boost of 2" or less.

I just went through this when I got mine, and was set on the 3" zone kit, until I saw and measured my buddy's with it on. He had 35's, and still lots of clearance. I just didn't want/need that much lift for 33's

If you want it level, you'll be at or over 4" lift in the front to do so (with a 3" kit).

You can run either of those kits just fine, you just don't need to.

HTH

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #98
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

OP, I run this. It's perfect for 33s and cheap. I run 35s with cut fenders too.

http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/tf-1155200.htm
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #99
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy18 View Post
OP, I run this. It's perfect for 33s and cheap. I run 35s with cut fenders too.

http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/tf-1155200.htm
Yep, thats perfect for what he wants/needs. I ran the Daystar 1.75" for a couple months waiting for my RK lift and it gave the jeep ca perfect stance with the 33s, completely removing the stock rake, worked modest offroading, and kept stock feel.
Listen to these guys, you are getting some really sound advice. Plus, you go with one of these BB kits for $130-150, and when you want to upgrade you can get that money back selling that on the forums or Craigslist because a lot of people are in your position just starting out...
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #100
tangJKU
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove
Thanks for all of your input guys. I appreciate all the help. With my 33's I think a 2.5-3" lift would look great. If I were wanting a 5-6" lift I could see needing to upgrade to 35's but with only a 2-3" lift and my 33's being wide (315/what ever the other numbers are lol) I think it would look sharp. The only thing with the BB: does it drive "bouncy?" I have a friend that is a car salesman and he told me about people selling jeeps with body lifts and them driving really bouncy as if it werent done right. I guess my main question now is, will I have to change anything if I get the 2.5" BB? Or will I just get the lift and be good to go?
I just put in the 3" ReadyLift kit which keeps your factory springs/shocks and the ride is great, off road and on. I stayed with 33" tires
tangJKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #101
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have to agree with others about the Teraflex leveling kit. Mine cost 130.99 shipped to my door. Installation took me (alone) 1:30-1:45 and I took my time and didn't speed through anything. I am mechanically inclined, however, this could be installed by someone with very very little mechanical experience. If you can use an end wrench and a wratchet, and understand how to use a jack, then you can install this.

My Jeep has 285/70/17, so just shy of 33s and I think this lift looks perfectly matched to the tire size. If you aren't going to be doing any serious offroading, then there is really no need to spend any more of your hard earned money. I keep trying upload a pic but it says my pics are all bigger than 245kb and can't be uploaded?
Cropduster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #102
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here is a before and after shot of the Teraflex 1.5" kit. Front gained 2" to bottom of fender flare and rear gained 1.25" (should squat to 1" when hardtop is on)

No top and no doors is before. Soft top on is after.
image-3892421375.jpg   image-1611699286.jpg  
Cropduster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #103
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have made up my mind I want at least 3" of lift. I can always buy 35's next go around on tires if I don't like the way the lift looks with my 33's, but I want to lift it once and only once. I'm just not into the "settle for less now, upgrade later" concept when I buy things. If I am saving the money to do something, I want to do it the right way and the way I want it the first time around. Thanks for all of your input and wisdom guys. I learned alot and appreciate it.
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #104
tangJKU
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove
I have made up my mind I want at least 3" of lift. I can always buy 35's next go around on tires if I don't like the way the lift looks with my 33's, but I want to lift it once and only once. I'm just not into the "settle for less now, upgrade later" concept when I buy things. If I am saving the money to do something, I want to do it the right way and the way I want it the first time around. Thanks for all of your input and wisdom guys. I learned alot and appreciate it.
Exactly. That's what I did and I'm happy with the 285/70/17s and spacer lift combo look. If my pockets are a little fuller when tire time comes then ill go for 35s. Wanna get some pitbull rockers but tough to find in canada..
tangJKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #105
nfrs2000nyc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I want to keep the 33's I have. I don't plan on going any bigger due to gas prices.
If you like 33s and don't go offroad don't lift it. Lifting (creating more space between the tire and fender) makes your tires look smaller. It's all about an illusion, and 33s with little or no lift actually look much bigger.
nfrs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.