What lift for 2012 Jeep with 33's? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What lift for 2012 Jeep with 33's?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #76
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJO View Post
I just put on a 2" Rancho kit. Came with new front coils, bumps stops, rear spacers, rear brake line relocation bracket and 4 new shocks. Rancho 5000 for the front and Rancho 9000 for the rear. A buddy of mine and I installed it in about 2 hours. Love the ride and just enough lift. Price was $310 with free shipping. Might be a good option for you.
Can you post a pic please?

RiseAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #77
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here is my JK with 33's (well, 305/70/16s Falkens.. more like 32.25s (at least that is what I set my procal on to get the speedo equal to my GPS...)) This is with a 2.5" RK flex lift...
drivers-side-rk-2.5.jpg
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #78
TJO
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here it is. 2" Rancho lift and 285/75/16 tires. Tires are 32.8" tall
image-430420494.jpg
image-1511344544.jpg  
TJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #79
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
Gotcha, and agreed. Frankly, I wouldn't lift it at all for 33s. I'd grab a set of wheels and tires and be done
I don't plan on going over 33s for mine...that and flat fenders is all that will be done.

No need for ANY lift for 33s on these.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #80
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robplumm View Post
I don't plan on going over 33s for mine...that and flat fenders is all that will be done.

No need for ANY lift for 33s on these.
When you say "no need for any lift for 33's," is that referring to you don't need a lift for that tire size according to what performance you want offroad or you just don't prefer a lift for 33's? I am not concerned with performance offroad. I just want my Jeep to be higher for looks.
Unread 05-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #81
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove View Post
When you say "no need for any lift for 33's," is that referring to you don't need a lift for that tire size according to what performance you want offroad or you just don't prefer a lift for 33's? I am not concerned with performance offroad. I just want my Jeep to be higher for looks.
I'm saying you don't need one at all. Flat or trimmed fenders and 33s.

Others more knowledgeable than me will chime in I'm sure, but I haven't seen anything that says you have to lift it for 33s. Just a wheel with 4.5in BS. For articulation purposes off road I'd want flat fenders...hence me mentioning them.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #82
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robplumm View Post
I'm saying you don't need one at all. Flat or trimmed fenders and 33s.

Others more knowledgeable than me will chime in I'm sure, but I haven't seen anything that says you have to lift it for 33s. Just a wheel with 4.5in BS. For articulation purposes off road I'd want flat fenders...hence me mentioning them.
Oh sorry I misunderstood you. You are saying that I don't need a lift to have 33's. Yeah I already have 33's. I am wanting to add a lift now. I think I am going to look into the leveling kits or possibly just changing the shocks out as mentioned above. If I don't like those two options I will probably go with the BB.
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #83
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ive run 33s on two JKs without lift....no need to trim the fenders unless you are disconnecting the sway bars....the only thing ?I considered was trimming the pinch seam, but didnt even do that after grabbing a set of Rubi rails.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #84
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove View Post
Oh sorry I misunderstood you. You are saying that I don't need a lift to have 33's. Yeah I already have 33's. I am wanting to add a lift now...
for reference, heres a pic of my 2011 JKU with 33's, on 17x9 wheels (w/ 5" BS) with front poly spacers (about 1.5", iirc) only (to level it out)

and here it is with the same leveling kit, AND 2" BDS coil springs

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #85
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

Alright guys so I went up to a shop today in my town that specializes in Jeeps. They showed me 2 lifts that fit my price range-ORV 3.5" suspension lift and a Zone 3" suspension lift. I think I am going to go with the ORV 3.5" suspension lift. Have any of you heard about it or heard/read reviews/complaints? It is the best bang for my buck from my research.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #86
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

At 3.5" you are gonna run into some expensive extras, namely drive shafts and brake lines. I'd honestly focus on kits under 3", especially if its just for looks.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #87
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post
At 3.5" you are gonna run into some expensive extras, namely drive shafts and brake lines. I'd honestly focus on kits under 3", especially if its just for looks.
Ah so there will be extra parts I have to buy with the 3.5" lift that don't actually come with the lift package?
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #88
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

When you lift these JKs that much it throws the whole thing outta whack. The driveshafts are at too much of an angle, which can cause big issues. You also have to address the exhaust crossover and evap cannister, which are simple fixes....but at some point that driveshaft is going to fail. Without having seen the kits (link them if you can) things to consider are longer swaybar links, bumpstops, and new brake lines, or bracket extensions.
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #89
RiseAbove
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post
When you lift these JKs that much it throws the whole thing outta whack. The driveshafts are at too much of an angle, which can cause big issues. You also have to address the exhaust crossover and evap cannister, which are simple fixes....but at some point that driveshaft is going to fail. Without having seen the kits (link them if you can) things to consider are longer swaybar links, bumpstops, and new brake lines, or bracket extensions.
The first link is the ORV 3.5" lift. It is the first of two lifts that appear on the link:

http://www.ruggedridgeoffroad.com/je...-lift-kits.php

The second link is the Zone 3" lift. Now that I think about it, this is probably the smarter choice since not near as much would be modified. The primary reason I was leaning towards the ORV 3.5" was it would actually cost less (the company has a $20 rebate) and I would be getting an extra .5" of lift. Anyways, here is the link tell me what you think:

https://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=39&gr=-1
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #90
LVCapo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Man, based on what you need, I'd stick with some 1.75-2" coil spacers...which are going for about$150......Theres no sense in buying a lift likethat in my opinion. If you want a real lift save up for a month or two and buy the Terflex BB, or the Rock Krawler Stock Mod, etc....but only buy those if you are going to offroad.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.