What lift for 2012 Jeep with 33's? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What lift for 2012 Jeep with 33's?

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #46
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove
So what brand do yall prefer for the BB? Teraflex, Rough Country, something else? Can anyone send me a link...I may have been looking at the wrong lift, but I thought the Teraflex 2.5" BB is close to $900.
The complete TeraFlex 2.5" BB is around $375 without shocks. The shock extensions will suit you just fine. We've been running extensions for 5 years with no issues but we don't wheel that hard.
Like Mol has already mentioned its 3-4 hours for an experienced person, however, a shop will likely charge 4 hours and that doesn't necessarily mean it will be done properly.
My opinion is the same as his, use that money to buy the tools and do it yourself. It's not rocket science and the knowledge you will gain is irreplaceable.

2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #47
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

With the 2.5" BB you can run 35s. If your just running 33s I would stick to just a 1" coil spacers and 1.5" wheel spacers.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #48
williewvr
2013 JK Wrangler 

Cut the fenders and skip the lift if your going to run 33. Do buy a set of decent shocks( take off rubicon shocks are great). Enjoy. Use the saved cash for a wheeling trip somewhere.
williewvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #49
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Looks good and I still like the rake, but

Get rid of the "LITTLE" spare tire, it draws all the praise away from the rest of the jeep

JIMBO
Yes yes its coming off soon, I'm a poor college student who works full time and lives on his own. There are other priorities that are quite bigger than the spare
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #50
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankinyj View Post
Yes yes its coming off soon, I'm a poor college student who works full time and lives on his own. There are other priorities that are quite bigger than the spare
I apologize for going into "dad mode" on you (I have 2 sons who are recent college grads, so it's easy for me to do), but you REALLY need an appropriate sized spare, even if it doesn't perfectly match.

If you are on a tight budget, check the used tire shops, in your area and know the equivalences between tire sizes (e.g., 33X10.50X17 is equivalent to 285R70/17). For my TJ, I got a great buy on some 31X10.5X15's, but there were only 4. I found a used tire (265R75/15, IIRC), $25 mounted on the spare. It didn't have a lot of tread left and didn't match the other tires, but it was more than adequate for a spare. You also may be able to find a cheap spare that's already mounted on a wheel, on Craig's List.
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #51
jeepsnmopars
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove View Post
So what brand do yall prefer for the BB? Teraflex, Rough Country, something else? Can anyone send me a link...I may have been looking at the wrong lift, but I thought the Teraflex 2.5" BB is close to $900.
Please look back at post #3. For your needs don't go buying an expensive lift. I had mine installed ($139 for the parts) for $400 total the day I took new delivery of my Jeep last fall from the dealer. A winter and 6000 miles later I still feel this is still the best option. Comfortable around town and on the highway even at 80+mph and I had it at Rocks and Valleys Offroad Park a couple of times. The first with just 600 miles on it with the lift and 35's. I just hate to see you throw money away on an expensive lift when you are running 33's mainly on the street. Running stock springs and shocks makes sense to me.
jeepsnmopars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #52
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yours only cost $139 because it is Chinese made garbage and incomplete, even for a budget boost. Shock spacers or replacement shocks are necessary. Replacement rear sway bar links are necessary. Bump stop extensions are necessary. A rear track bar bracket is not necessary but advisable.

If running stock length shocks with a 2.5" lift makes sense to you, you should spend less time giving advice and more time finding extra sense.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #53
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Actually, the stock shocks will handle up to two inches of lift. While a BB is perfectly fine, you could also look into just getting bigger take off springs. Get under your jeep and read the tags attached to your current springs if you are at 14/55 or so you can get almost 1.5" by just going to 19/60 springs....which would allow you to use the stock shocks, it would also keep the factory ride so your service people would be happy. If you go this route, I'd also look into stock rear swaybar links, which are longer than the fronts....put those on the front to give you a little more play. ......then as money allows you can always add rubber spring spacers to give you another 1"-2", and upgrade the suspension as you get the clams.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #54
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
If running stock length shocks with a 2.5" lift makes sense to you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post
Actually, the stock shocks will handle up to two inches of lift.
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #55
jeepsnmopars
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yours only cost $139 because it is Chinese made garbage and incomplete, even for a budget boost. Shock spacers or replacement shocks are necessary. Replacement rear sway bar links are necessary. Bump stop extensions are necessary. A rear track bar bracket is not necessary but advisable.

If running stock length shocks with a 2.5" lift makes sense to you, you should spend less time giving advice and more time finding extra sense.
Oops. My mistake. I have the Series 2 kit for $179 with the shock extention brackets, track bar bracket and rear sway bar extentions.

Here is a pic of the spring spacer (above the coil spring) to explain where it goes. This is today after a Michigan salty winter.
img_0676.jpg  
jeepsnmopars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #56
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I stand corrected...that's not a bad deal!

But It's still Chinese ****
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #57
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

I'd advise to choose Terraflex or BDS. Both seem to have a good rep for quality parts that last. If installing yourself, be sure anywhere with rubber bushings are tightened while on the ground or you will wear your bushings prematurely. Do not tighten them while up on jack stands.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #58
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
what would you recommend for the best, most cost efficient lift?
The point was he doesnt have to go 2.5" to run 33s.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #59
Utah_Jay
2007 JK Wrangler 

My 07 JKU has the 2.5 BB from Teraflex. Stock shocks and rides great. I have no complaints. I bought the Jeep with 35's on it but just changed out to 33's 2 days ago as I didn't want tires that big and 33's get me everywhere I need to go wheeling. I recommend it. I have also been running the Teraflex BB on my ZJ for over 3 years now with no issues.
Utah_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #60
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post

The point was he doesnt have to go 2.5" to run 33s.
Gotcha, and agreed. Frankly, I wouldn't lift it at all for 33s. I'd grab a set of wheels and tires and be done

Tags
2012 , 33's , body , lift , suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.