what to do next with the new rubi - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > what to do next with the new rubi

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 04-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #76
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelk6 View Post
Nice thread. Lift Looks great. Nicely done. Considering the same lift or the OME.
howd u settle on that one?
Thanks. I spent a lot of time looking into lifts and thinking about where I ultimately want to build this thing into. I figured 35's will be my long term goal, 33's in the short term. I know with this kit and some non stock fender flares you can stuff 35's under there. I also didn't want to go above 2.5in bc I didn't want to mess with the drive shaft and some of the other suspension components.

Also the RK lift is very flexible when it comes to upgrading parts and going with a higher lift. One of the guys here in town locally has the same kit with a few minor upgrades on his and it looks pretty sweet. I also exchanged some PM's with some vendors and they've said the same thing.

I guess what I liked is that its plenty of lift for what I want right now, lets me easily fit the tires (33's for now) I want underneath with no issues, keeps the drive shaft and suspension upgrades on the back burner for now and its a really high quality product. Install was fairly easy too. Teraflex also was an option I was considering, but the biggest deciding factor was the ability to kinda grow into the RK products and have the ability to swap in bigger coils or other products over time as my needs change. Hope this helps.

2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #77
carmelk6
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo

Thanks. I spent a lot of time looking into lifts and thinking about where I ultimately want to build this thing into. I figured 35's will be my long term goal, 33's in the short term. I know with this kit and some non stock fender flares you can stuff 35's under there. I also didn't want to go above 2.5in bc I didn't want to mess with the drive shaft and some of the other suspension components.

Also the RK lift is very flexible when it comes to upgrading parts and going with a higher lift. One of the guys here in town locally has the same kit with a few minor upgrades on his and it looks pretty sweet. I also exchanged some PM's with some vendors and they've said the same thing.

I guess what I liked is that its plenty of lift for what I want right now, lets me easily fit the tires (33's for now) I want underneath with no issues, keeps the drive shaft and suspension upgrades on the back burner for now and its a really high quality product. Install was fairly easy too. Teraflex also was an option I was considering, but the biggest deciding factor was the ability to kinda grow into the RK products and have the ability to swap in bigger coils or other products over time as my needs change. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Definitely motivated.
We're those two jacks tall enough? Read a thread where it was difficult to drop the axles enough to get the new coils in.
carmelk6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #78
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

There's this crazy contraption called a coil compactor that let's you compact the coils so you don't have to go to all the trouble of dropping the axles. That is, if dropping the axles is too much for you to handle

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #79
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. Definitely motivated.
We're those two jacks tall enough? Read a thread where it was difficult to drop the axles enough to get the new coils in.
There was plenty of space, you just need to keep and eye on the brake lines, breather line, and some electrical wiring near the rotor/caliper. Getting the coils out was easier than putting them in. We almost went to napa to rent a compressor, but then realized if we just dropped the axle all the way down, we would be just fine. Worked on both of the jks we put the lift kit on.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #80
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

wardo, you goin to jeep beach? oh, and i'll be jax beach the weekend after visiting my friends. did ya'll ever check out sam yepez?

Unread 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #81
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
wardo, you goin to jeep beach? oh, and i'll be jax beach the weekend after visiting my friends. did ya'll ever check out sam yepez?
I would like to go to jeep beach. I haven't registered for it tho. My sister lives up in NYC and wants to try and have me up that same weekend. So I'm kinda on the fence there. I'm looking at the agenda for jeep beach, looks like it could be fun. I've never been so I don't know what to expect, are you going? All you gonna be there all the days or only a few of em?

I know exactly where sam yepez is but I haven't hopped off the road there, I think they have repaired the fence. I drive on that road probably 2-4 times a week. Just never knew there was anything back there. Last friday I did check out the place near regency tho. Was kinda fun, when I was at the shop putting my lift in, one of the other guys with a jeep was telling us its becoming less open to jeepers.
Unread 04-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #82
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

i'll be there Sat and Sun. Halifax Oyster Festival is on Saturday too, so the wife and i'll probably split the day between jeeps and beer/oysters. We're gonna get a room somewhere to crash, and then probably just head back after the jeep drive sunday morning. NY will prob be more fun, but let me know either way.

Unread 04-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #83
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

ya will do, the weekend after I should be in town for sure, my buddy who just lifted his black unlimited probably will too. Might be a good weekend to take the jeeps out for a drive.
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #84
carmelk6
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
There's this crazy contraption called a coil compactor that let's you compact the coils so you don't have to go to all the trouble of dropping the axles. That is, if dropping the axles is too much for you to handle
u mean a coil spring compressor. didn't want to buy one. hadn't thought of borrowing one, but good idea.
carmelk6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #85
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
u mean a coil spring compressor. didn't want to buy one. hadn't thought of borrowing one, but good idea.
you can rent one if you need. The RK springs are def bigger but there was enough space to squeeze them in. The 2nd floor jack just made it easy to tip the axle around to create the space needed.
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #86
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ordered the RR front skid plate today. Jason from Krawler Offroad helped me out a ton and got me a sweet deal. Also ordered a psc Evap skid through him for my buddy an his unlimited. Great experience so far.

Ill post up some pics when I go to install. Sure some sparks will be flying when this frame gets cut.
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #87
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
Ordered the RR front skid plate today. Jason from Krawler Offroad helped me out a ton and got me a sweet deal. Also ordered a psc Evap skid through him for my buddy an his unlimited. Great experience so far.

Ill post up some pics when I go to install. Sure some sparks will be flying when this frame gets cut.
Selling my 35's for $700 if you really want the whole package
[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #88
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjk View Post
Selling my 35's for $700 if you really want the whole package
Everytime you have an idea I love it and can't afford it. But my jeep is now sitting 2.5in higher.....

35's, I would need to trim the flares and the pinch seam on the jeep to get them to fit? Do your tires rub?

Would your wheels be included in that price too?!
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #89
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
Everytime you have an idea I love it and can't afford it. But my jeep is now sitting 2.5in higher.....

35's, I would need to trim the flares and the pinch seam on the jeep to get them to fit? Do your tires rub?

Would your wheels be included in that price too?!
No flare trimming needed if run -12 or -18 offset wheel
pinch seem isn't needed but recommended, trimming mine prob tomorrow at Dan's

Tires only, letting wheels go for $600
[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #90
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Gotcha, if Dan happens to have his welding gear there and has some free time shoot me a text or something. I need that rear track bar bracket welded to the axel before I can go offroad.

Tags
death wobble , lift , offroad , rubicon , snorkel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.