What did you do to your JK today? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #106
Evil_Trolloc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Made a grill guard. came out good. I didnt want to use sticky-ties on the front grill.

Total cost: $15 ... with plenty of left over material

cut some thin steal stock, drilled some holes and painted.

I got some 1/4" mesh wire and folded it over itself to make it more like 1/8" holes and added an extra folt around the edge. painted flat black

cut it to clear a few wires and a molded bracken on the radiator support.

used stainless steal self tappers and drilled into the plastic radiator support.

made sure to align the mesh mounting screws behind the front grill, couldnt poition the very edge ones because of the shape of the support.

I'm happy with it.

<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

-- Edit --

Thanks for the click free scrogg!

08 rubicon / 2dr / 6spd / 3.5" rockkrawler / 1" BL / 36" TSL's / superior rear axle shafts, JE Reel 1350 rear DS / skidrow oil/trans skid / riddler covers / EVO C gussets / RK truss / custom grill gaurd / CB / Herculiner / home brew sliders / plenty of scratches

Last edited by Evil_Trolloc; 10-27-2008 at 05:37 PM..
Evil_Trolloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #107
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Trolloc View Post
Made a grill guard. came out good. I didnt want to use sticky-ties on the front grill.

I got some 1/4" mesh wire and folded it over itself to make it more like 1/8" holes and added an extra folt around the edge. painted flat black

used stainless steal self tappers and drilled into the plastic radiator support.

made sure to align the mesh mounting screws behind the front grill, couldnt poition the very edge ones because of the shape of the support.

I'm happy with it.

<BR>

<BR>

<BR>
click free...
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #108
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Clamped my HiLift onto my RECOVERY box and secured it with a Raingler NET

Quote:
and attached my shovel to the front bumper, last weekend

Quote:
I'll probably be putting the HiLift on the front bumper soon anyway, although they last a lot longer sheltered from the weather

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #109
ericandleiza
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsarob View Post
Installed a new 14" shorty antenna tonight. Works good inside the garage.

Won't be catching on those low tree branches now
Does it still display the digital information on your radio when you have that there? Like name of station and artist/song information?
ericandleiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #110
ericandleiza
2007 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Evil_Trolloc;5906840]Made a grill guard. came out good. I didnt want to use sticky-ties on the front grill.

I'm happy with it.

When do you need the grill guard? what is it guarding against? Just things coming into and damging the front or does it protect from other things. what is the best reason for building/buying one?
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #111
ericandleiza
2007 JK Wrangler 

When do you need the grill guard? what is it guarding against? Just things coming into and damging the front or does it protect from other things. what is the best reason for building/buying one?
Unread 10-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #112
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Didn't do this today, but 2 days ago. Forgot to post up here then. I installed a Curt hitch and Mopar trailer harness. Took about 30 mins to do the hitch and harness both.

Also installed the Daystar dash panel, another very easy install to do.

Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #113
michaelmjc
2008 JK Wrangler 

It just protects rocks and other debris hitting and damaging your rad completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandleiza View Post
michaelmjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #114
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

The last few days I installed a Hood Rack for my shovel and last but not least today I installed the Rugged Ridge Rear bumper...pic's are in my album..
USAntigoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #115
Evil_Trolloc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandleiza View Post
Well, I guess you "need" it when you least expect it (like most accidents).
just liek that rock that cracks your windshield, if it was just a bit lower, it could put a hole in your condensor/radiator.

most vehicles out there have a bit more protection, I was suprised at the vaulnarablility of the wrangler. Its just a precaution, and for $15 bucks, I think its well worth it.. I need more skid plates ( tho I havent skidded on rocks yet
08 rubicon / 2dr / 6spd / 3.5" rockkrawler / 1" BL / 36" TSL's / superior rear axle shafts, JE Reel 1350 rear DS / skidrow oil/trans skid / riddler covers / EVO C gussets / RK truss / custom grill gaurd / CB / Herculiner / home brew sliders / plenty of scratches
Unread 10-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #116
harrisart29
2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed Bumper

I installed my Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper today. Sorry no pictures right now......
harrisart29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2008, 07:57 AM   #117
ericandleiza
2007 JK Wrangler 

ordered a 14' stubby antenna for the JK.
Unread 10-31-2008, 08:36 AM   #118
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

removed the soft top and installed the hardtop for winter.

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #119
Evil_Trolloc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPV View Post
removed the soft top and installed the hardtop for winter.
ya that sucks, I'll be doing that soon too

My temp reading was 28 lastnight without the top or doors, I got cold..
Unread 10-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #120
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well, I technically didn't do this today, but they arrived today . And I am gonna install them tomorrow. A set of ACOS for the rear.

Now I'll have them front and rear, WOO HOO! I don't plan on using the rear as a bumpstop for now. I'll keep the bumpstop setup outside of the coils springs as they are. Sometime in the future I'll consider getting the bumpstop expansion kit for 'em and use that then. Until then...

I will post pics after the install. And, if we are motivated enough and have the time, I'll try to get some pics and measurements with both the front and rear ACOS dialed all the way out. And where I'm gonna set them up for the time being. Just putting these in is going to raise the rear almost 3/4" from where it sits now, so the fronts might need a bit of adjustment as well, we'll see I guess.

Hope to post again before the weekend is over.
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.