What did you do to your JK today? - Page 719 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #10771
4DFUN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolbydarma View Post
Swapped out the Standard Rubicon Rims for some Black Ones.
...And enjoyed our first 80 degree day here in Colorado!
I know the weather has been Great!
You said swapped, did you have two sets or did you just have them done black? I ask because I would like mine black also. Thanks

4DFUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #10772
liveflatout
2007 JK Wrangler 

Not a big deal but installed the hitch today and ordered a smitty built MOD bumper so I can trade a guy for his FF full width. Lift coming soon, but unsure of how much with 33's .
liveflatout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #10773
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Installed my Poison Spyder hood louver...pretty easy install, but they need to include some kind of gasket to go between the louver and hood.
ruby_1.jpg  
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #10774
Jam86
2012 JK Wrangler 

Picked it up from the dealership, luckily everything was covered via warranty
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #10775
calys003
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016
Installed my Poison Spyder hood louver...pretty easy install, but they need to include some kind of gasket to go between the louver and hood.
Did you get the powder coated or bare version?
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #10776
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

Installed a WarmSeats seat heater on the driver's side and finished wiring the switch for the rear-view camera. It is really a backup camera with the video playing through the Clarion VX400 I transplanted out of my wife's Liberty. I installed it to a switch, instead of using the backup light so that I could switch it on at any time. This will come in handy on the trail, and also when towing. The camera is mounted on the rear bumper, right underneath the spare tire.

Considering a forward-facing camera mounted somewhere mid-way underneath that I could switch to, as well.
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
PanthersFan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #10777
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calys003 View Post
Did you get the powder coated or bare version?
Got the powder coated version...really nice.
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #10778
Jon08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Put on a mopar trans cooler and got my heated power mirrors in the mail.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
2008 Sahara Auto 2 Door 20,450 miles JKUR Coils and shocks, Magnaflow, Superchip, Banks CAI, Winch, OBA and 4:88's
Jon08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #10779
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016
That looks great, nice to see it on another flame red 2dr for reference. I'll be doing this soon but I think I'm going to try and do body color

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #10780
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

I like those mirrors. Where did you get them at? I'd like to grab a pair myself for these crazy winters we get near Chicago.
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #10781
Jon08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

I found them on ebay for $124, but that did not include the switch or harness. I got those from these guys, If I saw them first I'd have ordered the whole package from them.

http://www.offroadengineering.com/pr...irror-kit.html
2008 Sahara Auto 2 Door 20,450 miles JKUR Coils and shocks, Magnaflow, Superchip, Banks CAI, Winch, OBA and 4:88's
Jon08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #10782
8figgas
2008 JK Wrangler 

Help a friend transform her Rig into this. New takeoffs, Rubi Spring(18/59) and Shocks w/leveling kit, sitting on 285/70-17 GY Duratracs and XD Hoss

forumrunner_20120407_141716.jpg
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #10783
4DFUN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon08JK View Post
Put on a mopar trans cooler and got my heated power mirrors in the mail.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I seen that you have an 08 and are adding the 12 heated mirrors. Are they plug n play? Or Do you know how you are going to install them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan View Post
Installed a WarmSeats seat heater on the driver's side and finished wiring the switch for the rear-view camera. It is really a backup camera with the video playing through the Clarion VX400 I transplanted out of my wife's Liberty. I installed it to a switch, instead of using the backup light so that I could switch it on at any time. This will come in handy on the trail, and also when towing. The camera is mounted on the rear bumper, right underneath the spare tire.

Considering a forward-facing camera mounted somewhere mid-way underneath that I could switch to, as well.
What would the Forward-facing camera be for? I could see it coming in handy when off roading to see the clearance until it gets ripped off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8figgas View Post
Help a friend transform her Rig into this. Rubi Spring(18/59) and Shocks w/leveling kit, sitting on 285/70-17 GY Duratracs and XD Hoss

Attachment 377008
Looks Good. I have the Leveling Kit and next is the same tire size.

Question I know the Rubi shocks help with lift on a 2Door but do they do anything on a 4Door?
4DFUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #10784
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DFUN

I seen that you have an 08 and are adding the 12 heated mirrors. Are they plug n play? Or Do you know how you are going to install them?

What would the Forward-facing camera be for? I could see it coming in handy when off roading to see the clearance until it gets ripped off.

Looks Good. I have the Leveling Kit and next is the same tire size.

Question I know the Rubi shocks help with lift on a 2Door but do they do anything on a 4Door?
Forward-facing would be for clearance of rocks once they are out of sight below the hood line.

Here is what the rear facing camera looked like on the trail today:
image-2460963193.jpg  
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
PanthersFan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #10785
AppSt59Dave
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just initiated Apollo while setting up the tent. Sweating like a hog. 20 beers gone between us. Mainly me I think. Thank god for Jeeps. Steaks a grillin. Cheers.

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.