Went off road on my way to work 0615 hrs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10247 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 AM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos View Post
...cleaned up vacuum pump relocation kit and laid on some etching-primer...
kosmos, what relocation kit is it that you have?
post #10248 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Also after you drop all that cash on 35s you'll wish you bought 37s anyway.
Good, valid point. My original MTR 40s measured at 38.5 new, the day I put them on. Always go a little bigger

RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....

post #10249 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1
Good, valid point. My original MTR 40s measured at 38.5 new, the day I put them on. Always go a little bigger
I wish there were a 38x12.50 size...don't want to have to change wheels again, for the 14.50s, and I have reservations about turning those tires w/o hydro
post #10250 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 AM
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sorry it took me so long but the ride feels much more controlled...the quality of the shock is found in how hard it is to compress the dang thing in comparison to the skyjacker shock that was not only way shorter but compressed way easier. The ride is just right...300 well spent.
post #10251 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
jeepgreg

Today I did my first addition to my jk, replaced the stock 225/75s with some 255/85r16 bfg km2s.
post #10252 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
ferninaz
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Today I drove my Jeep towards a rock flying thru the air and cracked my windshield. Hope I can get it replaced with the OEM windshield. I don't want to do without the little sticker of the Jeep crawling over rocks on the passenger side of the windshield. I love AZ, but I really wish they would do something about all the gravel on the roads where I live. Less then 1500 miles on the odometer.
post #10253 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Apostle
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
I wish there were a 38x12.50 size...don't want to have to change wheels again, for the 14.50s, and I have reservations about turning those tires w/o hydro
SS makes a 37x12.5. not sure what actual measurement is though.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire
post #10254 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle

SS makes a 37x12.5. not sure what actual measurement is though.
Correct, there are plenty of 37x12.50s, but my km2s, for instance, barely measure over 35 mounted. The 38 mtrs would hit the sweet spot for me. Really, I would like the wider footprint, but need to spend another $3.5-4k tires not included, to do so properly. PSC hydro, wheels.
post #10255 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 01:49 PM
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Correct, there are plenty of 37x12.50s, but my km2s, for instance, barely measure over 35 mounted. The 38 mtrs would hit the sweet spot for me. Really, I would like the wider footprint, but need to spend another $3.5-4k tires not included, to do so properly. PSC hydro, wheels.
I'll be going the Redneck Ram route. PSC setup is nice, but about 3 times more expensive than Redneck's system.

For the Redneck Ram, you have to send them your steering box and measure your steering travel. About a 3 week turn around. What I'm working on with a couple guys in my clubs is to go ahead and buy a new factory box and ship that to them (no downtime of the rig,) then pass off my old box to a buddy for him to send off, ect, ect, ect.

According to Redneck, an upgraded pump is not needed on the JK's except in maybe 5% of applications...I.E. high speed prerunner type of driving. They do sell a pump or will upgrade your existing, but it pretty much double the cost of the system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at
post #10256 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi

I'll be going the Redneck Ram route. PSC setup is nice, but about 3 times more expensive than Redneck's system.

For the Redneck Ram, you have to send them your steering box and measure your steering travel. About a 3 week turn around. What I'm working on with a couple guys in my clubs is to go ahead and buy a new factory box and ship that to them (no downtime of the rig,) then pass off my old box to a buddy for him to send off, ect, ect, ect.

According to Redneck, an upgraded pump is not needed on the JK's except in maybe 5% of applications...I.E. high speed prerunner type of driving. They do sell a pump or will upgrade your existing, but it pretty much double the cost of the system.
Okay I'm listening. The experience I have with redneck is on older CJs, never seen the JK application in person. What all are they doing for you, and at what approx. cost? I also wonder the compatibility with aftermarket, beefier tie rod, flipped draglink, altered track bar bracketry and track bar size. You think rubbing issues may be prevalent?
post #10257 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 02:04 PM
GreenRenegade
2013 JK Wrangler 

Today, I installed my hitch + wiring, removed my front seat to install a bestop lock box which wouldn't fit (Amazon said it would...), removed the back seat (made room for the dog), replaced soundbar speakers with Polks, glued on my door sill plastic doodads, and ordered a softtop with 2 piece soft doors (got 5% off and free shipping, woohoo!).
By the way, what do you do with the soft door uppers and the back windows when you have the top down? I don't need that stuff flying out with the wind or being lifted at Wally World.

Dan

2013 Wrangler Rubicon 2dr
post #10258 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 02:06 PM
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Okay I'm listening. The experience I have with redneck is on older CJs, never seen the JK application in person. What all are they doing for you, and at what approx. cost? I also wonder the compatibility with aftermarket, beefier tie rod, flipped draglink, altered track bar bracketry and track bar size. You think rubbing issues may be prevalent?
I haven't seen any in person other than a couple of forum members running it. Their current setup welds the ram to the tie rod (rather than bolt on? U-bolt type of design?) If you send a new box to them, cost is $400. For a used box, cost is $500 since they have to put in a new seal kit. Also included is the hydraulic ram, hoses, fittings, and mounting hardware. A new JK steering box is about $400 from the dealer, I'll be purchasing one to make it a no downtime install (their turn around is about 3 weeks via UPS standard freight,) then selling my old box to the next guy, ect. I guess the last man in line gets to find a buyer on CL or something... I'm pretty confident in their opinion that a pump isn't needed, considering they do offer it as an option.

I thought hydro-assist wouldn't be needed just running 35's, I was definitely wrong there. Been in numerous situations I wished I had it.

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at
post #10259 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi

I haven't seen any in person other than a couple of forum members running it. Their current setup welds the ram to the tie rod (rather than bolt on? U-bolt type of design?) If you send a new box to them, cost is $400. For a used box, cost is $500 since they have to put in a new seal kit. Also included is the hydraulic ram, hoses, fittings, and mounting hardware. A new JK steering box is about $400 from the dealer, I'll be purchasing one to make it a no downtime install (their turn around is about 3 weeks via UPS standard freight,) then selling my old box to the next guy, ect. I guess the last man in line gets to find a buyer on CL or something... I'm pretty confident in their opinion that a pump isn't needed, considering they do offer it as an option.

I thought hydro-assist wouldn't be needed just running 35's, I was definitely wrong there. Been in numerous situations I wished I had it.
Okay, this sounds like a good option. Their customer service is supposed to be pretty good, from what I understand.

Yeah I agree...there were more than a couple of occasions I wished I had a form of assist with my 35s, and the 37s, though only about a inch bigger mounted than the 35s were, has only exacerbated that effect.

I'm going to start looking into this further...thanks for the suggestion!
post #10260 of 25420 Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove

Mine are 13.5" wide, but do have hydro.

RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.