What did you do to your JK today? - Page 683 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #10231
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittycm View Post
Debadged the Jeep and installed Gorilla splined lug nuts. Black lug nuts look a bit better with the black wheels.
where did you get the lug nuts? web site? i can't find them anywhere around here.

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #10232
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
What trail is that in CC? OEM replacement might be cheaper online vs. the dealer. Your camera operator was breathing hard after you smacked the tree.
It was near Yankee Hill. I'm not sure exactly which roads we were on since I wasn't the trail leader. Yeah, the cameraman took my camera and ran a good distance uphill in the snow, then immediately started filming.

As for the mirror, I agree that OEM replacement is probably best. The problem is that I broke the mount completely, but the OEM replacements I've found online all seem to require the mount. :-/ I'll do some research over the next week, though. I do need to get into a body shop and see what it will cost to repair the door. I guess that puts my rock slider purchase on hold.

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #10233
Just_Jking
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbriones
Finally Installed new bilsteins....coming from what I had it was night and and day ride quality differences. I had skyjacker shocks prior
My skycrappers just busted at the post...looking into blisteins how would you describe the new ride from teeth chattering to....?
Just_Jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #10234
smittycm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON_ View Post
where did you get the lug nuts? web site? i can't find them anywhere around here.
I ordered them from Quadratec. Fast shipping. Ordered on Saturday afternoon... they shipped first thing Monday and arrived via UPS on Tuesday afternoon.

If you hit up the Quadratec guy on this site he'll hook up free shipping too.
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #10235
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I ordered them from Quadratec. Fast shipping. Ordered on Saturday afternoon... they shipped first thing Monday and arrived via UPS on Tuesday afternoon.

Hes not on that much though. i have a PM waiting for his response since thursday

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #10236
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

ok thanks I am gonna try one more local place then him. Thanks!
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #10237
Texas Jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

gave the Jeep a good washing.
3.5 RK lift with 35 inch Duratrac's
1985 CJ7

Texas Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #10238
ncb

Installed the AEV 2.5 spring lift. The 33s will work for now, but it's begging for 35s.
image-3087042420.jpg  
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #10239
smittycm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Installed the AEV 2.5 spring lift. The 33s will work for now, but it's begging for 35s.
Funny you mention this. I also happened to measure my "35's" today. I have the 315/70R17 GY Duratracs. I was warned they measure small. Sure enough they measured out at about 33.5 mounted. The spare measured at just over 34.25. Not sure why they consider these tires 35's. From what I've read, quite a few "35's" actually measure closer to 34" before being mounted, and 33.xx after being mounted. Point is that depending on the actual measurement of the tires you have now and the new tires you choose, you might not see all that much of a difference.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #10240
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

my Duratracs are 33x12.50x15 and are about 32"
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #10241
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittycm

Funny you mention this. I also happened to measure my "35's" today. I have the 315/70R17 GY Duratracs. I was warned they measure small. Sure enough they measured out at about 33.5 mounted. The spare measured at just over 34.25. Not sure why they consider these tires 35's. From what I've read, quite a few "35's" actually measure closer to 34" before being mounted, and 33.xx after being mounted. Point is that depending on the actual measurement of the tires you have now and the new tires you choose, you might not see all that much of a difference.
The currently installed KM2s are 285/75R17. They measure at 33, but installed measure at 32. My next set will be 35s when I get my next bonus.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #10242
smittycm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The currently installed KM2s are 285/75R17. They measure at 33, but installed measure at 32. My next set will be 35s when I get my next bonus.
So I guess you'll be set to gain at least 1.5" which would be a pretty good difference I suppose... aesthetically speaking anyways. If you're current tires measured at 33" installed then I would have said it probably wouldn't be worth it to spend the money on 35's if you still had decent tread left on the 33's.
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #10243
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Km2s are notorious for running small, order em 37in and they'll measure out close to 35in anyway. Also after you drop all that cash on 35s you'll wish you bought 37s anyway.

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #10244
kosmos

2012 JK Wrangler 

Getting ready for my JCR bumper to come back from powder coating - cleaned up vacuum pump relocation kit and laid on some etching-primer. I'll follow that up with some rattle-can matte black.

2012 JK Rubicon in Flame Red, ACE Rock Sliders, LoD Stubby Stinger front, LoD Stubby rear,Rock-Krawler 3.5" X factor Pro mid-arm, RCV ultimate front axles, Warn PP HP, 37" KM2s on AEV Savegre wheels, 10 Factory rear axles,MC front Fenders, Reid Knuckles,aFe Cold Air
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #10245
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesterSoCal View Post
4"Currie lift with Walker Evans shocks and 35" Wranglers. Big difference.
How do you like your new lift? This is on my wishlist, and I hope to have it by the end of the month.
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.