What did you do to your JK today? - Page 669 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #10021
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

Double post sorry

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #10022
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
^^^ I agree. Been wanting to see a JKU with Full doors up front, half doors in rear, and the soft top on!

Can we backdate this thread a few days so I can say...

"I bought my new to me 08 JK Unlimited!"
Here are a few more shots for ya then. You'll have to image the the soft top. Still haven't pulled out the rag top.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #10023
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Passed through the 90,000 mile mark yesterday.
Freedom Top (Black) Soft Top (Black) 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels TUFFY Security Drawer Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights JK 6-Switch sPOD Source SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate Cobra 75 WX ST 4' Wilson Antenna AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System Hella FF 500 Driving Lights Hella Black Magic Driving Lights Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier XRC8 Winch 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension Bilstein Shocks RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #10024
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Found some time to add my Rokmen Big Hawse aluminum fairlead...

... and Rough Stuff safety thimble.

Colorado Jeep Club member #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
voodooJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #10025
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderFoot View Post
Passed through the 90,000 mile mark yesterday.

Colorado Jeep Club member #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
voodooJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #10026
PAHunter
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well today I hit the 5k mile mark and decided to stop dumping money into my guns and lift the Jeep. We'll see if I stick to the plan.
PAHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #10027
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooJK View Post

... and Rough Stuff safety thimble.

Just don't swing that thimble and hit your girlfriend in the forehead... Apparently its heavy and really hurts when you do that.
Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #10028
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmars07

Just don't swing that thimble and hit your girlfriend in the forehead... Apparently its heavy and really hurts when you do that.
This sounds like a man speaking from experience...
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #10029
Beachdweller
2011 JK Wrangler 

Installed new Rough Country Winch Bumper!

Unread 02-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #10030
utlax18
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just got back from the stealership and had the left side exhaust manifold replaced @ 56K miles for the tune of $400...Ouch! Thought about doing it myself, but as my DD and Murphy's Law...I would have snapped a bolt.
utlax18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #10031
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by utlax18
Just got back from the stealership and had the left side exhaust manifold replaced @ 56K miles for the tune of $400...Ouch! Thought about doing it myself, but as my DD and Murphy's Law...I would have snapped a bolt.
Just fyi. I only paid $21 for warranty co-pay for this repair, at 60K miles or so. I was and am well out of warranty.
RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....
Bubblegoose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #10032
utlax18
2007 JK Wrangler 

How in the HECK did you manage that even if it is out of warranty? Man, tell me your secrets 'cause I got few more things that should be covered (leaking tranny lines, porous timing chain cover, spit back fuel, etc.)
Unread 02-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #10033
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
How in the HECK did you manage that even if it is out of warranty? Man, tell me your secrets 'cause I got few more things that should be covered (leaking tranny lines, porous timing chain cover, spit back fuel, etc.)
The exhaust manifold crack is covered by EPA something or other; I believe for 100K miles. I believe that is what the service writer put it under. I didn't even have to push - sign here, $20. Can't help you on the rest of the stuff you listed .

$400 is insane for a factory faulty part replacement.
RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....
Bubblegoose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #10034
utlax18
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1 View Post
Just fyi. I only paid $21 for warranty co-pay for this repair, at 60K miles or so. I was and am well out of warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1 View Post
The exhaust manifold crack is covered by EPA something or other; I believe for 100K miles. I believe that is what the service writer put it under. I didn't even have to push - sign here, $20. Can't help you on the rest of the stuff you listed .

$400 is insane for a factory faulty part replacement.
Thanks....he might have did you a "good service" warranty, cool for you. I'll check on the EPA website and see if there is anything in there.

Thanks!
Unread 02-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #10035
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
There are service bulletins for the tranny lines and fuel overflow issue as well, check your vin on the jeep website. Your dealer could very well be taking you for a ride

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.