Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your JK today?

4M views 27K replies 3K participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.

#104 ·
painted the Jeep logo black today...sorry for the fuzzy picture.

#106 · (Edited)
Made a grill guard. came out good. I didnt want to use sticky-ties on the front grill.

Total cost: $15 ... with plenty of left over material

cut some thin steal stock, drilled some holes and painted.

I got some 1/4" mesh wire and folded it over itself to make it more like 1/8" holes and added an extra folt around the edge. painted flat black

cut it to clear a few wires and a molded bracken on the radiator support.

used stainless steal self tappers and drilled into the plastic radiator support.

made sure to align the mesh mounting screws behind the front grill, couldnt poition the very edge ones because of the shape of the support.

I'm happy with it.

-- Edit --

Thanks for the click free scrogg!

#107 ·
Made a grill guard. came out good. I didnt want to use sticky-ties on the front grill.

I got some 1/4" mesh wire and folded it over itself to make it more like 1/8" holes and added an extra folt around the edge. painted flat black

used stainless steal self tappers and drilled into the plastic radiator support.

made sure to align the mesh mounting screws behind the front grill, couldnt poition the very edge ones because of the shape of the support.

I'm happy with it.

click free...

#108 ·
:2thumbsup:Clamped my HiLift onto my RECOVERY box and secured it with a Raingler NET

and attached my shovel to the front bumper, last weekend

I'll probably be putting the HiLift on the front bumper soon anyway, although they last a lot longer sheltered from the weather

:wave::wave: JIMBO

#110 ·

I'm happy with it.

When do you need the grill guard? what is it guarding against? Just things coming into and damging the front or does it protect from other things. what is the best reason for building/buying one?

#115 ·
When do you need the grill guard? what is it guarding against? Just things coming into and damging the front or does it protect from other things. what is the best reason for building/buying one?
Well, I guess you "need" it when you least expect it (like most accidents).
just liek that rock that cracks your windshield, if it was just a bit lower, it could put a hole in your condensor/radiator.

most vehicles out there have a bit more protection, I was suprised at the vaulnarablility of the wrangler. Its just a precaution, and for $15 bucks, I think its well worth it.. I need more skid plates ( tho I havent skidded on rocks yet ;)

#119 ·
removed the soft top and installed the hardtop for winter.:mad:
ya that sucks, I'll be doing that soon too :mad:

My temp reading was 28 lastnight without the top or doors, I got cold..

#120 ·
Well, I technically didn't do this today, but they arrived today :D . And I am gonna install them tomorrow. A set of ACOS for the rear.

Now I'll have them front and rear, WOO HOO! :pickle: I don't plan on using the rear as a bumpstop for now. I'll keep the bumpstop setup outside of the coils springs as they are. Sometime in the future I'll consider getting the bumpstop expansion kit for 'em and use that then. Until then...

I will post pics after the install. And, if we are motivated enough and have the time, I'll try to get some pics and measurements with both the front and rear ACOS dialed all the way out. And where I'm gonna set them up for the time being. Just putting these in is going to raise the rear almost 3/4" from where it sits now, so the fronts might need a bit of adjustment as well, we'll see I guess.

Hope to post again before the weekend is over.
:cheers2: