What did you do to your JK today? - Page 505 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 06-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #7561
gmgreen
1983 CJ7 

Took that cheap plastic skid off the frontend. Looks a lot better.

gmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #7562
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yep, I took mine off when I replaced the bumper and also put on a Rugged Ridge skid plate in it place. I had to take the plate off at one point and haven't put it back on yet. Hmm, maybe tomorrow would be a good day for that.
Freedom Top (Black) Soft Top (Black) 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels TUFFY Security Drawer Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights JK 6-Switch sPOD Source SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate Cobra 75 WX ST 4' Wilson Antenna AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System Hella FF 500 Driving Lights Hella Black Magic Driving Lights Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier XRC8 Winch 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension Bilstein Shocks RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #7563
Killtrout
2011 JK Wrangler 

Replaced a missing screw in my soft top and stopped a whiny wind noise. Got her washed since I won't be off road for a couple weeks.
Killtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #7564
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just finished putting the final coat of paint on my Poison Spyder tube fenders. I have a Sahara and I really liked the color match fenders, so I decided to stay with the color match on these fenders. I rattle canned them and got them color matched with the same Steel Blue color as my JK. I think they are going to look great. Now I just need to wait for everything to dry and start the install. Here are a few pics.

chickenhawk7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #7565
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice coating. The first picture looks like it's already scratched though. Hopefully it's just a reflection.
Freedom Top (Black) Soft Top (Black) 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels TUFFY Security Drawer Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights JK 6-Switch sPOD Source SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate Cobra 75 WX ST 4' Wilson Antenna AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System Hella FF 500 Driving Lights Hella Black Magic Driving Lights Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier XRC8 Winch 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension Bilstein Shocks RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #7566
Blackdiamondfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhawk7
Just finished putting the final coat of paint on my Poison Spyder tube fenders. I have a Sahara and I really liked the color match fenders, so I decided to stay with the color match on these fenders. I rattle canned them and got them color matched with the same Steel Blue color as my JK. I think they are going to look great. Now I just need to wait for everything to dry and start the install. Here are a few pics.
Looks good mine are at powder and paint right now I did almost the same thing but had the underside and bars powder coated fine texture black and the tops body color to match the rocker knockers, did you have the color mixed and then put into spray cans?? And do you have to clear coat them or is it like a single stage?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Blackdiamondfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #7567
xflstl
2010 JK Wrangler 

Love the tube fenders guys, thats next on my list.... Already tore off a Bushwacker flat fender, so I am guess the tube fenders are the way to go.. Here is a Vid of my Jeep progressing over the last 12 months, couple minor wheeling shots in there too..

xflstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #7568
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

I did not clear coat them. The scratch is just a reflection, although I do anticipate scratches in the near future. The paint was color matched by an automotive paint store and put into spray cans. When I scratch them, I will just overdosed and be done with it. I put 4 coats on them.
Unread 06-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #7569
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Chickenhawk, Nice choice in fenders!

I just put the finishing touch on my 37" clearance adjustment. Trimmed the rear pinch weld on the rear well and blacked out the wheel well.
Before (Only front edge trimmed):

After:

fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #7570
teamgreen666
1994 YJ Wrangler 

me like .. nice JEEP
teamgreen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #7571
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgutz View Post
Chickenhawk, Nice choice in fenders!

I just put the finishing touch on my 37" clearance adjustment. Trimmed the rear pinch weld on the rear well and blacked out the wheel well.
Before (Only front edge trimmed):

After:

Fishgutz, you were one of the guys who gave me some pics when I was asking about pictures of different tube fenders. You helped me decide on them. I just need to get them on now!
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #7572
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhawk7 View Post
Fishgutz, you were one of the guys who gave me some pics when I was asking about pictures of different tube fenders. You helped me decide on them. I just need to get them on now!
Cool.
A butterfly air torque is helpful.
Measure twice cut once. An extra pair of hands helps too.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #7573
DHart

Just took a few pics, that's all...

DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #7574
goldenglory18
2011 JK Wrangler 

Finally finished my electronics install.

Boxed up the amp and processor, cleaned up the wiring, adjusted the fuse, and vacuumed the carpet.

Pics to come later...
Unread 06-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #7575
CCGRUNT0331
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well I was at the beach yesterday, and gave into peer pressure to try and bury the back two tires, good news is my jeep is very resistant to getting stuck, bad news is I left my window down and now the insides a mess, so today I washed it and I'm going to try and find an adapter for my air hose to see if I can just blast the sand out, anyone done this?

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.