What did you do to your JK today? - Page 499 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #7471
fourplyn
2007 JK Wrangler 

I installed the NEW rear Rock Krawler Pro Alum 3-link in the rear. And flexed out the rear just a bit. I've still got to move the rear axle forward a 1/2"..and do some light trimming. Then I'll be able to stuff the rear tires a few more inches.

3.5" w/ 40's.

dscn6219.jpg   dscn6221.jpg   2011-06-13141526_franktown_colorado_us.jpg   2011-06-13141621_franktown_colorado_us.jpg  
fourplyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #7472
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourplyn
I installed the NEW rear Rock Krawler Pro Alum 3-link in the rear. And flexed out the rear just a bit. I've still got to move the rear axle forward a 1/2"..and do some light trimming. Then I'll be able to stuff the rear tires a few more inches.

3.5" w/ 40's.
Very very nice Troy. Rig is coming along EPICLY AWESOME. Do I see a hint of the hood on there?
RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....
Bubblegoose1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #7473
Joevacs
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Just when I thought that my rear axle was done I decided that I should add the Poly Performance shock brackets with C/A skids
These raise the shock mount 1-3/8" and give an extra 1-1/2" clearance under the C/A's.
Now I need to make some bump-stop blocks to prevent the shocks from fully compressing.
I have some of those, but haven't installed them yet. Was it easy ? Did you weld them or just bolt them ?
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #7474
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joevacs View Post
I have some of those, but haven't installed them yet. Was it easy ? Did you weld them or just bolt them ?
It was pretty easy.
Just cut off the shock brackets and the bottom of the C/A brackets, paint the bare metal then bolt them on.
I didn't want to destroy the powder-coat on the new brackets so I didn't weld them. I think they are plenty strong and only require welding if you're installing coil-over shocks.
Make sure to check the up-travel and add bump-stops as necessary.
Mine need to have 3" bump-stop blocks added.
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #7475
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Attempted to track down a creak I'm hearing in the front end. Tightened the jam nut on my adj trackbar, hardly made a difference. Laid underneath while a friend pulled the bumper side to side pretty hard and the creak is definitely coming from passenger side axle-area...somewhere lol. Springs look seated just fine

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #7476
leicajh
Off roading since 1973

2009 JK Wrangler 

Bought a 2009 Limited Rubicon

2012 Rubicon 4 Door MW3 C.O.D.

2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi
leicajh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #7477
stewie
2009 JK Wrangler 

Took the doors off and threw the canoe on

Enjoying the RR rock rails I put on a week ago - much easier to tie the canoe on. Didn't bother with my rack for a short trip with just one canoe.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #7478
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
It was pretty easy.
Just cut off the shock brackets and the bottom of the C/A brackets, paint the bare metal then bolt them on.
I didn't want to destroy the powder-coat on the new brackets so I didn't weld them. I think they are plenty strong and only require welding if you're installing coil-over shocks.
Make sure to check the up-travel and add bump-stops as necessary.
Mine need to have 3" bump-stop blocks added.
Is it better to install shorter shocks or longer bumpstops after the brackets are installed? Sounds like you're sacrificing some "stuff" for shorter lower shock mounts.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #7479
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Is it better to install shorter shocks or longer bumpstops after the brackets are installed? Sounds like you're sacrificing some "stuff" for shorter lower shock mounts.
I have the Currie Antirock and would like to have as much travel as possible.
If most of this is down travel that's still fine, all that really maters is that it keeps the wheels on the ground. I needed to add 2" to the bump-stops anyways so 1 more inch isn't that bad. I will probably be adding 1" spacers and retainers to the coils as well, then it will be pretty close to where it started.
Poly Performance says that they are working on an upper shock bracket that will raise the top mount to make up the difference and allow less bump-stop or longer shocks. They should be out soon
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #7480
jdcouts
2010 JK Wrangler 

Got my new bikini in for FL and have yet to try it on. I think Ima have to do that when I get home. Ill post the pics
jdcouts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #7481
Unlimited2010

dropped the top at lunch and took the front doors off after dinner. turned 15K today!!!!!!!!!!!

-R
Unlimited2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #7482
Just_Jking
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killtrout
Installed the AEV tire carrier to the stock bumper.
No more gate rattle and a new place to put my shovel.
That looks pretty nice while not blowing your wallet did you fabricate the ARM into the stock bumper yourself or is it meant to work with the stock bumper?
Just_Jking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #7483
jdcouts
2010 JK Wrangler 

Off with the freedom top

[IMG][/IMG]

On with the bikini

[IMG][/IMG]

Waitin for the duster and windjammer next. UPS says Friday. Cant wait.
Unread 06-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #7484
jdcouts
2010 JK Wrangler 

This was on Saturday but, took her out to play...

My girl gettin in on the action

My buddy and his girl

Unread 06-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #7485
Killtrout
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jking

That looks pretty nice while not blowing your wallet did you fabricate the ARM into the stock bumper yourself or is it meant to work with the stock bumper?
@just_jking no fab on my part, the AEV works great with the stock bumper, even came with a template for cutting the hole.
Killtrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.