What did you do to your JK today? - Page 452 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #6766
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Replaced my rear brake pads at 70,300mi. Still has factory front pads....
The BLD uses the brakes more than my foot does, with a manual tranny

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 02:37 AM   #6767
Diablo_JK
2011 JK Wrangler 

Replaced the stock speaker's with 6.5 Kicker 3 ways...

Then installed blue led lights under the seat, front and back of center consule.

Installed back up camera, but the woman doesn't like it but its there... (sure helps when hooking up the trailer by myself)
Diablo_JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #6768
JAG811
1978 CJ7 

I only gave her a tub ..... and then went down the river to catch the sunset with the Mrs and little one.
march-01.jpg   march-02.jpg   march-03.jpg  
Unread 04-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #6769
ArmyFireFighter
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG811 View Post
I only gave her a tub ..... and then went down the river to catch the sunset with the Mrs and little one.
Im scratching my head... never seen two full sized spares on ther back of a Jeep... Photoshop?
ArmyFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #6770
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyFireFighter View Post

Im scratching my head... never seen two full sized spares on ther back of a Jeep... Photoshop?
Doesn't look like a photoshop. Wild.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #6771
Joevacs
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
pretty Jeep... you expecting a flat ?
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #6772
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joevacs View Post
That is a pretty Jeep - that river you're sitting next to looks beautiful as well - where in Australia is that?
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #6773
rockingdaddy1
2009 JK Wrangler 

What kind of rack is that that holds TWO ?
rockingdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #6774
JAG811
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
That is a pretty Jeep - that river you're sitting next to looks beautiful as well - where in Australia is that?
I'm in Cairns, Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joevacs View Post
Here in North Queensland we have "The Cape". It's renowned for it's vast wilderness and indigenous lands. If you live north of Townsville, the Cape is where it's at. Only if you get a flat up there - They fly in 35's. You could be waiting weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM_OF_PAIN View Post
Doesn't look like a photoshop. Wild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyFireFighter View Post

As above states ... little bit of home engineering. Took months. Have a build thread on an Aussie forum. Am I allowed to post a link ? Made it so the tire brackets bolt onto the swing aways like spare tire spacers. So I'm now looking at making jerry holders to also bolt onto the swing aways. So I can go 2 spares, or 4 jerrys or a spare and two jerrys.

It's yet to get powdercoated (I just sprayed it up) as I wanted to see if anything fell off and was bouncing away in the rear view mirror ... but she's been solid as a rock. Even had the Mrs standing on the 35's while they were open.
rear-bar-272.jpg   rear-bar-274.jpg   rear-bar-275.jpg   rear-bar-276.jpg   rear-bar-277.jpg  

Unread 04-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #6775
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Home engineering? That's impressive. Absolutely beautiful.

Freedom Top (Black) • Soft Top (Black) • 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT • Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels • TUFFY Security Drawer • Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights • JK 6-Switch sPOD Source • SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate • Cobra 75 WX ST • 4' Wilson Antenna • AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System • Hella FF 500 Driving Lights • Hella Black Magic Driving Lights • Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna • RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier • XRC8 Winch • 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension • Bilstein Shocks • RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #6776
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

Put away the hard top and pulled out the ORH's soft top.

Pulled the drive shafts for some inspection and maintenance.

Wheeled it.

Good day.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #6777
Joevacs
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm in Cairns, Australia.

Here in North Queensland we have "The Cape". It's renowned for it's vast wilderness and indigenous lands. If you live north of Townsville, the Cape is where it's at. Only if you get a flat up there - They fly in 35's. You could be waiting weeks.

As above states ... little bit of home engineering. Took months. Have a build thread on an Aussie forum. Am I allowed to post a link ? Made it so the tire brackets bolt onto the swing aways like spare tire spacers. So I'm now looking at making jerry holders to also bolt onto the swing aways. So I can go 2 spares, or 4 jerrys or a spare and two jerrys.

It's yet to get powdercoated (I just sprayed it up) as I wanted to see if anything fell off and was bouncing away in the rear view mirror ... but she's been solid as a rock. Even had the Mrs standing on the 35's while they were open.
Very impressive.
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #6778
saceone

wow. dual spare, that's intense!!!
saceone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #6779
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Outstanding! Now, what do you mean by "I only gave her a tub"?
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #6780
GeoBigJon
Cactus Hobbit

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Outstanding! Now, what do you mean by "I only gave her a tub"?
I was thinking the same thing. I was able to take mine out today and run errands, didn't have to get anything too bulky.

If you eat, drink, or wear cloths then you're involved in agriculture.
GeoBigJon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.