What did you do to your JK today? - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #661
CDNBEAR2009JEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCB_Preacher View Post
That 3" hole to the side of the soundbar speaker.... what is in there?

Mine are empty and I have been looking for 3" speakers to put in there..
Are you referring to that indent right beside the release for the Freedom panels? I can't find a 3" hole anywhere.

I forgot to mention that I bought and installed PIAA Xtreme White 4000K replacement bulbs. Yeah, they make such a big difference, .

CDNBEAR2009JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #662
QCB_Preacher
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNBEAR2009JEEP View Post
Are you referring to that indent right beside the release for the Freedom panels? I can't find a 3" hole anywhere.

I forgot to mention that I bought and installed PIAA Xtreme White 4000K replacement bulbs. Yeah, they make such a big difference, .
Evidently, it IS the release for the freedom top. If you take that out, the hole diameter is 3" and the depth is about 1".

I just didn't realize that hole was made for the freedom top release since I don't have one.
QCB_Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 05:29 PM   #663
Jerzjeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

Today I removed all decals, trail rated tag and Jeep from the grill. Also installed the Lockpick, rewired the aux lights to the high beam wire, and put the soft top boot on. then drove around and loved it!!!

Unread 03-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #664
CDNBEAR2009JEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCB_Preacher View Post
Evidently, it IS the release for the freedom top. If you take that out, the hole diameter is 3" and the depth is about 1".

I just didn't realize that hole was made for the freedom top release since I don't have one.
Oh, . I realized what you were referring to when "Jerzjeep" answered your question, just after I posted a response to your question, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzjeep View Post
Today I removed all decals, trail rated tag and Jeep from the grill. Also installed the Lockpick, rewired the aux lights to the high beam wire, and put the soft top boot on. then drove around and loved it!!!

I removed my decals, except for the "Trail Rated" badge. Once the body shop fixes a few minor details, with my Jeep's paint, I will be removing that badge and putting on some custom stickers. Your Jeep looks nice and clean, .
Unread 03-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #665
ocejw
2007 JK Wrangler 

is it easy to remove the JEEP from the grill? does it leave any wholes or are they just sticker things?
ocejw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #666
CDNBEAR2009JEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocejw View Post
is it easy to remove the JEEP from the grill? does it leave any wholes or are they just sticker things?
Don't quote me on this, pun intended , but, the JEEP emblem is just like the "Trail Rated" emblem which is just like the stickers. No holes.
Unread 03-31-2009, 10:27 PM   #667
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

jerzjeep. where are you located in nj ? im exit 105 off GSP monmouth county area
Unread 04-01-2009, 12:24 AM   #668
KICKER32
2009 JK Wrangler 

Washed it...
KICKER32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #669
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Not so much what I did TO it as much as FOR it. Ordered wheels and tires. BFG KM2's on Procomp Xtreme Alloys 7089's in black. I think it'll look slick.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #670
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNBEAR2009JEEP View Post
Don't quote me on this, pun intended , but, the JEEP emblem is just like the "Trail Rated" emblem which is just like the stickers. No holes.
Yep no holes

oops did not mean to quote lol

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 04:56 AM   #671
Jerzjeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaab2 View Post
jerzjeep. where are you located in nj ? im exit 105 off GSP monmouth county area
North East Bergen County on the NY border. Harrington Park,NJ
Unread 04-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #672
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
Took my AEV snorkel off. I truly had every intention of having it be functional. There is a family spot that we camp at A LOT, that has a great river drive. But when I thought about it, my stock intake is at shoulder height for me (I'm only 5'6... but still.....), and I don't really see me going in water that is more than 5 feet deep. I'm holding onto the snork, just in case I decide to throw it back on. But for now.... I'm snorkeless in Seattle.
Let me know if you want to sell me the intake piece that replaces the pre-filter, so people stop asking me why I have a lamp on the side of my Jeep.
Unread 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #673
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Updated with OME lift and BFG LT255/75R17 T/A KM tires on stock rims.
Beautiful ride....

USAntigoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #674
CDNBEAR2009JEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAntigoon View Post
Updated with OME lift and BFG LT255/75R17 T/A KM tires on stock rims.
Beautiful ride....

Nice, . These tires are so much better then the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires.

I am either going with rock sliders or a 2.5" lift, for my next major mod.
Unread 04-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #675
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Started working on my new custom front bumper yesterday. Got the corner angles cut off and the holes cut for the fogs and mounting holes, but my angle grinder crapped-out on me so I couldn't finish smoothing the cuts and edges. This is why you should not buy "bargain" no-name tools for twenty bucks. Hoping to have it finished this week.

RED JEEP CLUB #602
TurtleMacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.