What did you do to your JK today? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 10-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #46
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

put on my skid row engine/trans skid plate..

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #47
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

ooo and will be installing a 900 watt linear for my cb in a few days.. =)

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #48
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Little bit late, but yesterday I did the following:

Installed Warn M8000 winch
Installed Prerunner surround onto my XHD bumper
Installed Quadratec grab handles
Ran cabling for my CB correctly through the tailgate and up into the center console
Applied a few more coats of Rescue Green to my AC vent covers
Installed Daystar Hood Wranglers
Bought but didn't install a pair of Hella 500 driving lights for above prerunner guard
Installed roll bar holder for fire extinguisher

Today :
Ordered Warn mounting bracket for solenoid
Bought Hardtop quick release pins off of eBay
Going to TSC to buy black D rings
Ordering Daystar lower dash panel with 4 rocker switches
Buying a second pair of Hella 500s
Ordering fuse block so I can power the Winch, aux lights and CB
Buying fire extinguisher for above mentioned holder

Wow, that was alot of stuff. All the yesterday stuff only took 5 hours, but there was 4 of us.

I will try and get pics up later today. Whew, my back hurts.
cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #49
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice day there cyberpunk. Looking forward to the pics. Do you have any details for your extinquisher holder, manufacturer/model/web link?
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #50
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrogg View Post
Nice day there cyberpunk. Looking forward to the pics. Do you have any details for your extinquisher holder, manufacturer/model/web link?
This one, but in black.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/98003_11X_PG.htm
Unread 10-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #51
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

BTW, the Daystar hood wranglers do EXACTLY what they say they will, but installation can be a bear. Just remember, you're dealing with plastic here. We broke one internal piece to the hood catch kit, but were able to actually improve it by grinding down the side of a metal washer and pushing that in. I'm hoping this thing loosens up a bit because it seems like you're going to break the hood everytime you shut it. But it definitely stops the flutter.
Unread 10-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #52
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk View Post
BTW, the Daystar hood wranglers do EXACTLY what they say they will, but installation can be a bear. Just remember, you're dealing with plastic here. We broke one internal piece to the hood catch kit, but were able to actually improve it by grinding down the side of a metal washer and pushing that in. I'm hoping this thing loosens up a bit because it seems like you're going to break the hood everytime you shut it. But it definitely stops the flutter.
On another forum, a guy reports that they do loosen up over time....
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #53
kubotajoe
2008 JK Wrangler 

This weekend....

This weekend I did the rear seat headrest mod, the mirror mod, and installed the Brett Woods tailgate holder and hood holder kits.
I also removed the front cup holder insert (to make the cup holders bigger).
Previous to this weekend I removed the hideous silver trim pieces from the Sahara bumpers and installed the Jeep black fuel door.

Joe in NH
2008 steel blue Sahara unlimited
kubotajoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #54
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

I had to do a few things to accommodate the new TeraFlex 6" long arm kit:

1) installed new 29" steel braided brake lines (have a set of 25" long ones if anyone is looking)

2) re-routed the ABS wires to to the inside of the frame rails to allow for more flex

3) adjusted the front ACOS gas charged bump stops (I gotta get a set of these for the rear)

The list looks pretty easy but it took me about 2.5 hours to complete.

I gotta say, even though I have only been driving on the long arms for a day the difference is incredible. Just going through gutters in the streets feels like your gliding. I can't wait to get to Moab this weekend and exercise it. I'll be sure to put together a trip report with lots of pics.

Last edited by scrogg; 10-09-2008 at 03:31 AM..
Unread 10-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #55
MasonCaste
2008 JK Wrangler 

Got it back from the dealer. They just had to put a new satellite antenna on. Sirius wasn't working. Going to order the MyGig lockpick for it next to unlock the Uconnect and DVD/Nav while in motion. Oh yeah, drove it to work.

08 JK Unlimited Rubicon
07 WK SRT8
MasonCaste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #56
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Put the top and doors back on for a trip to Moab this weekend. I am afraid they may just end up staying on now until next spring.

On the bright side I guess I can look forward to those few days that I might be able to remove the freedom panels.
Unread 10-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #57
je1330
2009 JK Wrangler 

Cleaned some more butoyl junk off the passenger side door. The Texas sun keeps baking it out of that corner, but haven't seen it at any other spot yet.

Goo Gone rocks.

-- jason
je1330 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #58
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Installed quick disconnects - Total price - $2.47
Installed a spring for my CB antenna - $6.99
Unread 10-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #59
sherghis
2008 JK Wrangler 

installed lights and new hoop on my XHD front bumper.
sherghis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #60
qf4phlyer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Removed piece of crap front bumper and added O.E.M recovery hooks, thank God for my Dremel. Added O.E.M. rear recovery hook, purchased both on Ebay for a total with shipping for $48.00. Added Daystar upper dash panel and Qtec armrest pad. I received my Cobra 75 CB in the mail today, will probably install it this weekend, I'm waiting for my ARR antenna mount.
08 Wrangler X DETN8R Yellow Rough Country 2.5" progressive rate coil lift, 2.2 shocks. 1.25" body lift, disco's, steering stabilizer. Benchmark EVAP skid. TeraFlex front bumper with shackles. 35x12.5x15 BFG A/T KO's on MB72 wheels.Cobra 75 on a Firestik. Arizona Rocky Road antenna mount. Ward bug shield, DayStar hood wranglers, upper dash panel. Qtech arm rest.

2002 Wrangler Sahara RIP
1979 CJ 7 258 RIP
1975 Cherokee S 401 RIP
qf4phlyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.