Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your JK today?

4M views 27K replies 3K participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.

#7,247 ·
TCHuff said:
^^ love that smuggle bumper, I really want a rear winch so this is looking like a good option
Check out Benchmark Designs rear winch bumper as well.

#7,248 ·
Ordered the KC Daylighters (100W) with Smittybilt brackets. Liked the latter as it pushes the light a little more outside of the A Pillar than most. Anyone have this set up w/ pics?

#7,250 ·
Bought new POLK speakers off ebay, and am trying to get a craigslist deal on some PIAA 520's.

From retail price, I have the potential of saving over $200 today.........and that's exactly what I'm going to tell the wife.

:laugh: :cheers:
that's usually THEIR argument..."It's not what i spent, it's what i SAVED."

I use this, too. Helps to soften the "You spent HOW much on jeep crap??"

that argument usually dies when i remind said spouse of who pays almost all da bills.

#7,252 ·
Ordered the KC Daylighters (100W) with Smittybilt brackets. Liked the latter as it pushes the light a little more outside of the A Pillar than most. Anyone have this set up w/ pics?
I have the same brackets. Not sure if you know already, but here's a little tip. Cut a piece of mouse pad to place behind each bracket to protect the paint a little.

#7,253 ·
Replaced these 3 tie rod ends

With these nice, new Moog TREs. Much much better. :)

#7,254 ·
Installed the Poly Performance Rear Track Bar Bracket Brace. This is a great product, very well designed and beefy. At least doubles the steel of the track bar mount. Also corrects a slightly ovaled bolt hole.

#7,256 ·
I have the same brackets. Not sure if you know already, but here's a little tip. Cut a piece of mouse pad to place behind each bracket to protect the paint a little.
good idea....almost a gasket to protect the paint....although if i ever decided to take those brackets off i'm betting the paint fade (or lack thereof) would make it stand out as well. :rolleyes:

i made a gasket for my rockers on my last jeep out of bathtub liner, think i might use that as it will be thinner and not absorb water like a mousepad would. :thumbsup:

#7,258 ·
Rexacon said:
Found out my manifold is in two pieces when I though my gasket need changing :( but get ceramic Gibson Headers :)
You're definitely not the only one. Mine was the same way. And many more. :(

#7,259 ·
good idea....almost a gasket to protect the paint....although if i ever decided to take those brackets off i'm betting the paint fade (or lack thereof) would make it stand out as well. :rolleyes:

i made a gasket for my rockers on my last jeep out of bathtub liner, think i might use that as it will be thinner and not absorb water like a mousepad would. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I was thinking about using a piece of tire tube. Mouse pad was all I had laying around. Hopefully the bracket is squeezing the pad enough that it wont absorb anything.

#7,260 ·
Finally convinced the wife to take the top all the way off for the first time since we bought it in December! (It's got half doors, so sunrider and just the half doors was enough for her till now).

*Man* is that easier than the YJ, ha ha. Like 10x faster and easier.