What did you do to your JK today? - Page 229 - JeepForum.com

 92Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3421 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:14 PM
ZJJay
Senior Member
 
ZJJay's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 642
Snorkels are COOL!! Congratulations. I thought of adding one to my ZJ until I learned that my distributor would be under water before the water entered my air intake, so that vision dimmed a little. Two weeks ago I went on a two-day, 100-mile drive through the Mojave Desert in Southern California. At times there was no breeze and the dust was everywhere. A snorkel wouldn't have helped me in that situation. But I'd still like to see a snorkel on my Jeep.

Again, congratulations.

Jay


'96 ZJ, 4.0L, 42RE, NP242, stock D30 and D35-LS w/ 3.73, 4-1/2" lift, 32" BFG ATs, Magnaflow, JKS track bars and disconnects, spare tire carrier, Optima red top, ROLA roof rack, KC SlimLite driving lights, CB and Yaesu ham radios, GPS
ZJJay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3422 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler
 
dvdsjk's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,776
Thanks! I took the pre filter option hoping it works as stated. Its supposed to trap the dust before it enters the tube. We will see!
dvdsjk is offline  
post #3423 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
mattman8706
Web Wheeler
 
mattman8706's Avatar
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 4,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Going through a midlife crisis I think but I craved an aev snorkel.Cold, dust free and dry air! Ordered today! Oh and installed my black luggnuts! Almost completely black now.
cool.


I keep contemplating getting one but want an AEV hood before I get it.
mattman8706 is offline  
post #3424 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:32 PM
ScarlettRuger
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Garcon Point, Florida
Posts: 15
Do it if it feels good!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Going through a midlife crisis I think but I craved an aev snorkel.Cold, dust free and dry air! Ordered today! Oh and installed my black luggnuts! Almost completely black now.

WoooooHoooo.. A mid-life crisis is an AWESOME reason to do stuff that you have always wanted to do but never had the cahones to do before. I say if it feels good...DO IT!!! I am going through the dress rehearsal for mine. I hope to live very long though so mine hasnt really kicked into full blown crisis yet.

Good luck with the snorkel. Let me know how it turns out.

~~My other Auto is a 9mm~~
ScarlettRuger is offline  
post #3425 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:33 PM
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler
 
dvdsjk's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
cool.


I keep contemplating getting one but want an AEV hood before I get it.
I was thinking hood first also but I have all these cool holesaws that i can borrow from work, just waiting to get at my hood. The cutting instructions seem cut and dry, and are very thorough.
dvdsjk is offline  
post #3426 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler
 
dvdsjk's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettRuger View Post
WoooooHoooo.. A mid-life crisis is an AWESOME reason to do stuff that you have always wanted to do but never had the cahones to do before. I say if it feels good...DO IT!!! I am going through the dress rehearsal for mine. I hope to live very long though so mine hasnt really kicked into full blown crisis yet.

Good luck with the snorkel. Let me know how it turns out.
I,ll be 50 in late April (too bad I still look like a kid). But I am using it to my advantage! Ha!
dvdsjk is offline  
post #3427 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
ScarlettRuger
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Garcon Point, Florida
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
I,ll be 50 in late April (too bad I still look like a kid). But I am using it to my advantage! Ha!

Looks fade and age is just a number.....I just turned 40 in December but I swear I have the mind of a 21 year old.. hmmm.. LOL.. that might be a bad thing. LOL. oh well. Good luck with the mod.

~~My other Auto is a 9mm~~
ScarlettRuger is offline  
post #3428 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 PM
mattman8706
Web Wheeler
 
mattman8706's Avatar
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 4,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
I was thinking hood first also but I have all these cool holesaws that i can borrow from work, just waiting to get at my hood. The cutting instructions seem cut and dry, and are very thorough.
be sure to take lots of pictures when you get it done. I want to see it.
mattman8706 is offline  
post #3429 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler
 
dvdsjk's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettRuger View Post
Looks fade and age is just a number.....I just turned 40 in December but I swear I have the mind of a 21 year old.. hmmm.. LOL.. that might be a bad thing. LOL. oh well. Good luck with the mod.
I know what you mean about the mind thing.I dont feel it but I just do not like saying 50 though
dvdsjk is offline  
post #3430 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler
 
dvdsjk's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
be sure to take lots of pictures when you get it done. I want to see it.
Promise!
dvdsjk is offline  
post #3431 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 PM
TheShift
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 293
Some topless shots...











The Jeep sits level.. but the pics run with the hill
TheShift is offline  
post #3432 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 PM
ScarlettRuger
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Garcon Point, Florida
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJJay View Post
Snorkels are COOL!! Congratulations. I thought of adding one to my ZJ until I learned that my distributor would be under water before the water entered my air intake, so that vision dimmed a little. Two weeks ago I went on a two-day, 100-mile drive through the Mojave Desert in Southern California. At times there was no breeze and the dust was everywhere. A snorkel wouldn't have helped me in that situation. But I'd still like to see a snorkel on my Jeep.

Again, congratulations.

Jay
Yea.. I dont think a snorkel would have helped much in SoCal, but I bet you got some wicked Mojave pin striping. Do you have pictures??

~~My other Auto is a 9mm~~
ScarlettRuger is offline  
post #3433 of 24910 Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM
ZJJay
Senior Member
 
ZJJay's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 642
ScarlettRuger,

I don't want to hijack this JK thread, but the genuine Mojave pin striping doesn't show up. I've posted photos on my profile.

Keep the shiny side up.

Jay

'96 ZJ, 4.0L, 42RE, NP242, stock D30 and D35-LS w/ 3.73, 4-1/2" lift, 32" BFG ATs, Magnaflow, JKS track bars and disconnects, spare tire carrier, Optima red top, ROLA roof rack, KC SlimLite driving lights, CB and Yaesu ham radios, GPS
ZJJay is offline  
post #3434 of 24910 Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
superman
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 173
finally got my rugged ridge tire carrier to match my rugged ridge xhd rear bumper..

07' JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

www.hof4x4.com
superman is offline  
post #3435 of 24910 Old 04-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Grizzly1
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 251
took the family to Big Bear...

No wheelin' this trip, but snapped some poser pics...




Mostly went to do some zip lining, and cabin partying. Next morning we awoke to this..






Have to throw some in with the wifes Hummer.... I think the snow washed the spec of mud off she got on it!




Semper Fi

Grizzly
Grizzly1 is offline  
Reply

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (3 members and 2 guests)
JK_Driver , theksmith , zachgs
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 39 08-14-2016 04:08 PM
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome