What did you do to your JK today? - Page 229 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #3421
ZJJay

1996 ZJ 

Snorkels are COOL!! Congratulations. I thought of adding one to my ZJ until I learned that my distributor would be under water before the water entered my air intake, so that vision dimmed a little. Two weeks ago I went on a two-day, 100-mile drive through the Mojave Desert in Southern California. At times there was no breeze and the dust was everywhere. A snorkel wouldn't have helped me in that situation. But I'd still like to see a snorkel on my Jeep.

Again, congratulations.

Jay

'96 ZJ, 4.0L, 42RE, NP242, stock D30 and D35-LS w/ 3.73, 4-1/2" lift, 32" BFG ATs, Magnaflow, JKS track bars and disconnects, spare tire carrier, Optima red top, ROLA roof rack, KC SlimLite driving lights, CB and Yaesu ham radios, GPS
ZJJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #3422
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks! I took the pre filter option hoping it works as stated. Its supposed to trap the dust before it enters the tube. We will see!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #3423
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsjk View Post
Going through a midlife crisis I think but I craved an aev snorkel.Cold, dust free and dry air! Ordered today! Oh and installed my black luggnuts! Almost completely black now.
cool.

I keep contemplating getting one but want an AEV hood before I get it.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #3424
ScarlettRuger
2009 JK Wrangler 

Do it if it feels good!!!!

Quote:
Going through a midlife crisis I think but I craved an aev snorkel.Cold, dust free and dry air! Ordered today! Oh and installed my black luggnuts! Almost completely black now.

WoooooHoooo.. A mid-life crisis is an AWESOME reason to do stuff that you have always wanted to do but never had the cahones to do before. I say if it feels good...DO IT!!! I am going through the dress rehearsal for mine. I hope to live very long though so mine hasnt really kicked into full blown crisis yet.

Good luck with the snorkel. Let me know how it turns out.
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #3425
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
cool.

I keep contemplating getting one but want an AEV hood before I get it.
I was thinking hood first also but I have all these cool holesaws that i can borrow from work, just waiting to get at my hood. The cutting instructions seem cut and dry, and are very thorough.
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #3426
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettRuger View Post
WoooooHoooo.. A mid-life crisis is an AWESOME reason to do stuff that you have always wanted to do but never had the cahones to do before. I say if it feels good...DO IT!!! I am going through the dress rehearsal for mine. I hope to live very long though so mine hasnt really kicked into full blown crisis yet.

Good luck with the snorkel. Let me know how it turns out.
I,ll be 50 in late April (too bad I still look like a kid). But I am using it to my advantage! Ha!
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #3427
ScarlettRuger
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I,ll be 50 in late April (too bad I still look like a kid). But I am using it to my advantage! Ha!

Looks fade and age is just a number.....I just turned 40 in December but I swear I have the mind of a 21 year old.. hmmm.. LOL.. that might be a bad thing. LOL. oh well. Good luck with the mod.
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #3428
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I was thinking hood first also but I have all these cool holesaws that i can borrow from work, just waiting to get at my hood. The cutting instructions seem cut and dry, and are very thorough.
be sure to take lots of pictures when you get it done. I want to see it.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #3429
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettRuger View Post
Looks fade and age is just a number.....I just turned 40 in December but I swear I have the mind of a 21 year old.. hmmm.. LOL.. that might be a bad thing. LOL. oh well. Good luck with the mod.
I know what you mean about the mind thing.I dont feel it but I just do not like saying 50 though
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #3430
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
be sure to take lots of pictures when you get it done. I want to see it.
Promise!
Unread 04-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #3431
TheShift
2010 JK Wrangler 

Some topless shots...

The Jeep sits level.. but the pics run with the hill
TheShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #3432
ScarlettRuger
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJJay View Post
Snorkels are COOL!! Congratulations. I thought of adding one to my ZJ until I learned that my distributor would be under water before the water entered my air intake, so that vision dimmed a little. Two weeks ago I went on a two-day, 100-mile drive through the Mojave Desert in Southern California. At times there was no breeze and the dust was everywhere. A snorkel wouldn't have helped me in that situation. But I'd still like to see a snorkel on my Jeep.

Again, congratulations.

Jay
Yea.. I dont think a snorkel would have helped much in SoCal, but I bet you got some wicked Mojave pin striping. Do you have pictures??
Unread 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #3433
ZJJay

1996 ZJ 

ScarlettRuger,

I don't want to hijack this JK thread, but the genuine Mojave pin striping doesn't show up. I've posted photos on my profile.

Keep the shiny side up.

Jay
'96 ZJ, 4.0L, 42RE, NP242, stock D30 and D35-LS w/ 3.73, 4-1/2" lift, 32" BFG ATs, Magnaflow, JKS track bars and disconnects, spare tire carrier, Optima red top, ROLA roof rack, KC SlimLite driving lights, CB and Yaesu ham radios, GPS
ZJJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #3434
superman
2007 JK Wrangler 

finally got my rugged ridge tire carrier to match my rugged ridge xhd rear bumper..

www.hof4x4.com
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #3435
Grizzly1
2010 JK Wrangler 

took the family to Big Bear...

No wheelin' this trip, but snapped some poser pics...

Mostly went to do some zip lining, and cabin partying. Next morning we awoke to this..

Have to throw some in with the wifes Hummer.... I think the snow washed the spec of mud off she got on it!

Grizzly
Grizzly1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.