What did you do to your JK today? - Page 202 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 03-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #3016
MacJeepMaster
2009 JK Wrangler 

Installed my Rubi rails. They go well with the Rubi wheels and tires

Unread 03-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #3017
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Went to the dealership yesterday to diagnose some problems. I told them about the fuel spitting back at me, and that I thought it was the valve, and they ordered a new tank no question. They're also going to look at the front ball joints and replace those as needed (under warranty), and I'm having them align the jeep (I have to pay for that). I've got 1500 miles left on my warranty and I've got a lift and 35's, and they have no problem with replacing the ball joints and the tank under the warranty.
Seanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #3018
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

What is wrong with the ball joints or how did you know something wasn't right with them?
chickenhawk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #3019
stoplocknroll
2008 JK Wrangler 

So here is what I have done in chronological order:

40 channel radio shack CB

4' firestick

Rugged Ridge Modular winch mount front bumper ( Installed)

Fair Lead Roller ( Installed )

Fair Lead License Plate Bracket ( installed )

SuperWinch LP8500 ( Installed)

Hi-Lift Jack Extreme (installed)

Hi-Lift tailgate mount (installed)

Viair Constant duty on board air system (Installed)

Rough Country 4" lift (Installed thanks Chris and Tina )

Blacked out front markers ( Installed )

New front door mounted mirrors ( truck came with windshield mounted ones and not factory)

new front tie rod bar complete set (waiting on UPS)

K&N Air filter (sitting in garage)
stoplocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #3020
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

and the beat goes on

Dealer tried to charge me 50 bucks to NOT be able to diagnose my/the steering wheel clunk, by diagnose they meant drive around for an hour and not hear anything. Since I'd prolly get banned for mentioning names...if your in Tucson think the sound you hear when you load the barrel.....they also have my gas tank on order and say I have a 100 dollar deductable, they also say if a recall comes out they'll reimburse me, or I could trade it in and get free lifetime maintenance..... on a happier note CalTops/ORH just emailed pics of the hardware for my custom top which will roll forward or back and fit under the Congo Cage in Spice
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #3021
Muddedout
2008 JK Wrangler 

I washed mine 2day and waxed
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #3022
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

wash and wax, hmmm never thought of that
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #3023
Muddedout
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ya had day off and Im from florida the snow ,slat combo sucks in Ny had to clean it. Even though its suppose to snow again 2morrow. OWELL
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #3024
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I should wash all the salt and junk off mine........

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #3025
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhawk7 View Post
What is wrong with the ball joints or how did you know something wasn't right with them?
The front end of the jeep likes to jump in different directions when it hits even the smallest of bumps at medium to high speeds. I'm just getting them to check them out, because I have a sneaking suspicion that they're going bad. They've been known to crap out early, and I want them to check them for me before my factory warranty runs out in 1500 miles.
Seanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #3026
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Went 4x4'n

Guys... I had a dental appointment out in the sticks this morning. So, when it was over, I went muddin' this morning on my way back to the office... I slide it into 4x4... I drive in and it looks pretty burley, after a few yards I was genuinely scared. I was in deeper mud than expected. Wet soggy thick stuff. Felt like quicksand. After I got in another 25 yards.... I went "oh ****, keep going lil Jeep!" I realized I might be in a little over my ski's. I was alone and didn't have a winch.

Momentum started slowing, i realized I was in 4 hi instead of 4lo, I could feel that lowering sensation and loose mud fly....Uhhhhgggg... As the RPM's went down, the engine felt like it was about to start lugging (6 speed man.) and.... she started just creepin' along.... almost out of it.... almost to the end of the bog...allllmost.... The little 3.8 was roaring along, the BFG's were scrappin' for as much traction as they could muster. Stay calm stay calm.... "Sshhhhwoip!" It pulled itself out! Whooo Whoooo! Go Sahara!

Jeeps are so much fun. Welcome aboard to the new JK owner.

As I was leaving this mud bog, I saw another Jeep (a YJ) turning into the area I was driving out. Apparently he was just about to do the same thing. We both smiled at eachother and waved.
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #3027
Nuts
2009 JK Wrangler 

Love stories like that. Get'em dirty and keep'em spinning.
Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #3028
yippie21

1979 CJ7 

gsaxe... on a happier note CalTops/ORH just emailed pics of the hardware for my custom top which will roll forward or back

Me too! I've been waiting patiently and just got the same pic. I can't wait... this top is going to be killer..
yippie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #3029
jar925
2008 JK Wrangler 

Put in my CB radio and antenna.
jar925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #3030
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippie21 View Post
gsaxe... on a happier note CalTops/ORH just emailed pics of the hardware for my custom top which will roll forward or back

Me too! I've been waiting patiently and just got the same pic. I can't wait... this top is going to be killer..
I just took the windows out of mine and am running it bikini style

I love this top

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.