What did you do to your JK today? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #16
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Dropping mine at the shop in an hour or so for some new & additional lighting, and also throwing some endcaps on my home hacked up front bumper! Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

Adding HID headlights, HID 8 inch windshield lamps, and a big ol' Xmitter bar inside the top of the windshield (if they can build a shield to properly block the reflection).

ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #17
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Put in the Delta H4 quad bar lights.
Turned them on and instantly felt like a Civic owner.
Took them out.
Reinstalled the OEM lights.

(I may try and find a less "fake HID" bulb and try again...ugh)
Unread 10-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #18
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

For my heads, I picked up an HID kit from Xmitter. I obviously haven't seen them yet, but I went with pure white, as I just can't deal with the blueish or purplish tint in this kind of application. I'll show you on Friday and see if it's an option that might work for you.
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #19
wbower
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
Adding HID headlights, HID 8 inch windshield lamps, and a big ol' Xmitter bar inside the top of the windshield (if they can build a shield to properly block the reflection).
Inside huh? Thatd be an interesting effect... sort of an undercover officer look.
wbower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #20
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

I dropped my baby off at TeraFlex PLUS this morning for a TF long arm upgrade. Including 6" coils to boot.

(I "stole" the pic from thier website I hope they don't mind )

Yeah baby! I am totally stoked for this one, and I can't wait to get her back. Ideally, she should only grow about 1" taller than she sits now (based on my math and the 4" coil/spacer combo thats in her at the moment) but the amount of flex she'll gain should make for a huge difference in performance.

We're going to be in Moab for the weekend of October 10, 11 & 12. Sounds like as good of a place as any to exercise the the new suspension system.
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #21
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

^ Holy Crap, what did that cost?
cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #22
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

woohoo, thread stickied! I feel so warm and fuzzy now
cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #23
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk View Post
^ Holy Crap, what did that cost?
They are on sale for just over 1700 bucks at the moment. I was going to wait until next spring to get the upgrade myself but ya never know if/or when they may be on sale again. You save about 80-90 bucks over the normal price. And then I am getting some trade in credit for the TF short arms that I have now.

I remember just before I did my gearing, teraflex plus was having a special to get the front and rears for right around 1200 bucks installed. I didn't jump on that sale and ended up paying a couple of bills more. Needless to say I was a little bummed that I missed the special, but ya live and learn I guess.

I think the 6" coils were just over $200 bucks a set. I don't have the parts list/invoice in front of me and they don't have the 6" coils specifically listed on thier website but all of thier other coils show a price of 215.99 a set.

Last edited by scrogg; 10-01-2008 at 06:23 PM..
Unread 10-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Worked out the 4wd on Casper Mountain. Gotta love days off in the middle of the week...there's no one to have to pull off the trail for.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #25
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUJeeper View Post
Worked out the 4wd on Casper Mountain. Gotta love days off in the middle of the week...there's no one to have to pull off the trail for.
Got any pics? ya know the old saying, if ya ain't got pics it didn't happen

Unread 10-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #26
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nothing with the jeep as I was out by myself. Just got some scenics and a dead cow. I got stung by a bee too...was a little upset about it.

Sorry that the last one is big, I wanted you to be able to see the deadness.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

wow, I've been touched. A dead cow. And deadness. Nice
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #28
gbsher
2009 JK Wrangler 

I put a brand new set of slush mats into it, put on a set of wheel locks, and got a new key chain...
gbsher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #29
taylort5
2008 JK Wrangler 

Cheap mods

LOL I pullled the X ,and wrangler unlimited stickers off of my sweety today!
taylort5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #30
sherghis
2008 JK Wrangler 

Checked Fed EX tracking on my XHD front bumper....scheduled for delivery tomorrow
sherghis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.