What did you do to your JK today? - Page 156 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #2326
igivup
2009 JK Wrangler 

New lights

It was cold here, -22c, so I fired up the wood stove in the garage and installed my 55w digital ballasts,xenon HID's.
Then washed the salts and dirt off it.
I miss summer!
Hopefully a winch install in the works soon.

igivup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #2327
troys96xj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I installed a 12inch sub and started my snorkel.
troys96xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #2328
DeepSeaJK

i installed a rear view camera that has a built in distance gauge that displays on my factory LCD in dash! This camera rocks! Right at the hitch level too!! Will post some pics today!!
DeepSeaJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #2329
Lenny7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

In stalled my Smittybilt sliders. It was a pain. They didn't seem to fit. I had to do a lot of drilling and grinding, but non the less got them on. wheels, tires and lift coming "soon."

Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #2330
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL View Post
Mounted axe, shovel, and a couple of stickers.

So where did you get those mounts at?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #2331
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

yes do tell! I like that set up

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #2332
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
In stalled my Smittybilt sliders. It was a pain. They didn't seem to fit. I had to do a lot of drilling and grinding, but non the less got them on. wheels, tires and lift coming "soon."

how far do those hang down? from the pics it looks like alot. Also what did you have to drill and grind? did the holes not line up right?

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #2333
je1330
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
So where did you get those mounts at?
I could be wrong but they look like Quick Fist mounts.

-- jason
je1330 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #2334
Lenny7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnev View Post
how far do those hang down? from the pics it looks like alot. Also what did you have to drill and grind? did the holes not line up right?
They do look like they hang down quite a bit but they don't hang down past the frame. If I get a chance I'll post a pic from down low. They don't give you as much side clearance as some but I like the fact they were steps as well because my wife is kind of short and I needed something to give her some help before the lift.

On the passenger side the bolts didn't match and I had to drill out the hole on the slider itself. The other side just didn't fit so I had to grind down the sides a bit and then jack it up in there. I'm no master of mods so I may not have known what I was doing but I made it work.
Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #2335
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

when in doubt get a bigger hammer always works

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Quote:

Unread 12-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #2336
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed the Or Fab rear tire carrier. HUGE thank you to Brent_f70 for showing me how to grind down the AEV corners to make it work too!
Unread 12-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #2337
je1330
2009 JK Wrangler 

Promissed it that I'd pull the doors off again as soon as I could. Doesn't seem right with them on anymore

-- jason
Unread 12-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #2338
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by je1330 View Post
Promissed it that I'd pull the doors off again as soon as I could. Doesn't seem right with them on anymore

-- jason
Doesn't most of Texas have 2 seasons? Summer, summer, summer and spring? Like Canada has winter, winter, winter and spring? Jeez, at least I have all 4
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #2339
outtacontrol
2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards...it was a pain in the a$$, didn't want to seem to fit quite right. Used a rubber mallet to knock them into place. Overall however, I'm happy with the outcome.

Last edited by outtacontrol; 12-28-2009 at 02:56 PM..
outtacontrol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #2340
je1330
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
Doesn't most of Texas have 2 seasons? Summer, summer, summer and spring? Like Canada has winter, winter, winter and spring? Jeez, at least I have all 4

YEP, we're in that short Winter right now though, lol.
They'd still be off right now if it wasn't a 20 mile trip to work. My max at 40 degrees is 5 miles

-- jason

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.