What did you do to your JK today? - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Reply
Unread 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #2266
ArmyFireFighter
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sackets Harbor, NY
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanthunder View Post
If memory serves me right, that is the EVAP canister.
That would make sense. had a couple thin hose lines going in and out looked like it was divided into a couple smaller secions...I'll worry about it when i need to fix it.

ArmyFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #2267
DaveMW
Registered User
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Broomfield CO
Posts: 28
Pulled the old dented and dinged oem bumpers off my new to me Sahara unlimited and replaced with a set I found on craigslist for a hundred bucks. Seems the previous owner thought bumpers were used to push stuff and to feel your way into the parking spot at the mall!

Not bad for now.

Bigger\ better bumpers when I have more time and money to play.
__________________
78 CJ7 - A work in progress
07 JK Unlimited. - The urban monster
DaveMW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #2268
BigMikeATL
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMW View Post
Pulled the old dented and dinged oem bumpers off my new to me Sahara unlimited and replaced with a set I found on craigslist for a hundred bucks. Seems the previous owner thought bumpers were used to push stuff and to feel your way into the parking spot at the mall!

Not bad for now.

Bigger\ better bumpers when I have more time and money to play.
$100 is a good price but plenty of JK owners give them away for free.
__________________
2014 2D Rubicon, 2.5" Metal Cloak Game Changer ARB, ProComp 7069 17x9, Goodyear MTR Kevlar 35's, ACE Pro Series Bumpers, Warn M8000
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland HEMI MyGig Tow Pkg
2009 2D Rubicon SOLD
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #2269
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver
 
ChicagoGuy's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 1,443
Been neglecting the JK to play with guns lately, but spent yesterday installing the Mopar floor liner as a filler until I get a clear week to strip and apply bedliner. Maybe in ten years when the kids are grown...

(Got sick of having no carpet at all, and the liner was a decent compromise IMO. I thought it would suck, but actually fit pretty nice and looks good and durable)

Also reran some power lines (like on the CB) direct to the battery. And then this morning my OR-Fab tire carrier showed up...

Looks like now I got me some AEV corners to grind in prep for a new install thread!
__________________
- Bill (formerly VetteDriver)
ChicagoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #2270
alaskanthunder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyFireFighter View Post
That would make sense. had a couple thin hose lines going in and out looked like it was divided into a couple smaller secions...I'll worry about it when i need to fix it.
If you do some wheelin' which requires rocks or odd departure angles. It is very easy to hit the EVAP canister...From what I've heard from the people who break it. It's a ***** to replace... It's best to get a skid for it or get the Woods EVAP relocation kit (best idea).
__________________
2007 JK 2-dr X | Steel Blue | 4.10 Auto D44
alaskanthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #2271
DaveMW
Registered User
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Broomfield CO
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL View Post
$100 is a good price but plenty of JK owners give them away for free.
Live and learn....
__________________
78 CJ7 - A work in progress
07 JK Unlimited. - The urban monster
DaveMW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #2272
ArmyFireFighter
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sackets Harbor, NY
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanthunder View Post
If you do some wheelin' which requires rocks or odd departure angles. It is very easy to hit the EVAP canister...From what I've heard from the people who break it. It's a ***** to replace... It's best to get a skid for it or get the Woods EVAP relocation kit (best idea).
Poor engineering on that one! thanks for the heads up and tips! It will be a little while before I hit any serious wheeling. in the middle of a move and saving up for wheels tires and regearing.
ArmyFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #2273
alaskanthunder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyFireFighter View Post
Poor engineering on that one! thanks for the heads up and tips! It will be a little while before I hit any serious wheeling. in the middle of a move and saving up for wheels tires and regearing.
I have been lucky so far and not screwed mine up (KNOCK ON MY PINEWOOD TABLE).

Cheers MATE! I can't wait to see the lift and tires!! I LOVE seeing new rigs with new shoes!
__________________
2007 JK 2-dr X | Steel Blue | 4.10 Auto D44
alaskanthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #2274
COLV
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 15
First snow with new JK, and first time trying out 4x. Pulled a couple cars out on the way to work.
__________________
COL V
COLV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #2275
alaskanthunder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLV View Post
First snow with new JK, and first time trying out 4x. Pulled a couple cars out on the way to work.
It's fun and a superior feeling huh? Knowing you can traverse the most severe conditions with ease.

It takes SO much effort me to even get loose with my 2dr in rain, snow, ice...well except for mud (my fav)
__________________
2007 JK 2-dr X | Steel Blue | 4.10 Auto D44
alaskanthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #2276
COLV
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanthunder View Post
It's fun and a superior feeling huh? Knowing you can traverse the most severe conditions with ease.

It takes SO much effort me to even get loose with my 2dr in rain, snow, ice...well except for mud (my fav)
Yes. First Jeep for me and I'm really enjoying the feeling. Have yet to hit the mud, but will at first opportunity.
__________________
COL V
COLV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #2277
alaskanthunder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLV View Post
Yes. First Jeep for me and I'm really enjoying the feeling. Have yet to hit the mud, but will at first opportunity.
Good to hear brother! When you get into the mud (REAL mud) it's a love/hate relationship. You WILL have fun, but then the real fun(hate sometimes) begins when you get stuck! AND YOU WILL!

Mud is the only place I have been stuck!
__________________
2007 JK 2-dr X | Steel Blue | 4.10 Auto D44
alaskanthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #2278
OregonVette
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: , Orygun
Posts: 1,456
the 4dr Jeep JKU with chains on all 4 wheels is BADASS in Mud, snow, gloop... etc... The thing is a mofo Billy Goat!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter View Post
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #2279
DANJEEPO8
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: YORK, PA
Posts: 358
Took it out in the snow (about 10 inches so far) and it was all i dreamed it could be. Damn it drove great!
__________________
DANJEEP08
DANJEEPO8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #2280
alaskanthunder
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANJEEPO8 View Post
Took it out in the snow (about 10 inches so far) and it was all i dreamed it could be. Damn it drove great!
That's exactly what I was doing 2 weeks ago (driving through tons of snow)! Loved every minute of it!
__________________
2007 JK 2-dr X | Steel Blue | 4.10 Auto D44
alaskanthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.