What did you do to your JK today? - Page 151 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #2251
MattJK09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL View Post
Does it ride better than last time?
well........actually it feels better. I honestly think that I had made myself think that it was riding terrible before, but after riding stock for a week, it's really about the same....

Unread 12-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #2252
MattJK09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
I know. Well I am going to upgrade as I can afford. I will replace the spacers with coils, then the shocks, etc.
Unread 12-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #2253
MattJK09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Oh yeah and I put some RR red strap grab handles on the other day...I'm going to order a set for the rear too. They look good.
Unread 12-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #2254
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJK09 View Post
well........actually it feels better. I honestly think that I had made myself think that it was riding terrible before, but after riding stock for a week, it's really about the same....
HAHA!
Unread 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #2255
MattJK09
2009 JK Wrangler 

It doesn't help that I just like tinkering on my Jeep and actually enjoy doing this kinda stuff... yeah, I ate my own words...tastes like chicken!
Unread 12-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #2256
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleggmeister View Post
Washed it (well, took it for a wash), centred the steering wheel, greased the disconnects...

In for new rear brake pads tomorrow, then I'll get it dirty again...
My alignment isn't off, but my steering wheel is just barely off center, and it's bugging the HELL out of me (it's the little things that bug me. ). How do you center the steering wheel? Or is that something I should leave to the pros?
Unread 12-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #2257
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Oh, got my Monroe steering stabilizer in on Tuesday.. looks like I won't get a chance to put it on until mid January (going out of town then working for a week).

And today I sprayed all the road salt and Ice off with some warm water at the car wash. I don't want anything to corrode and stuff, and I also wanted to see if the slight pulling to the left, squeaky rear-left brake and shimmy was attributed to the ice and salt buildup. Turns out it was... say buh bye to an alignment!
Unread 12-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #2258
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post
My alignment isn't off, but my steering wheel is just barely off center, and it's bugging the HELL out of me (it's the little things that bug me. ). How do you center the steering wheel? Or is that something I should leave to the pros?
There's a turnbuckle in you steering linkage that can be loosened, turned to center the wheel, then tightened again. Looks pretty simple, but I don't know linkage very well.
Look around the forum. I've read wiser men than me walk people through it
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #2259
Existence
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just ordred 4:88's and 35" MT Baja MTZ's.

Cannot wait till January to put everything on.
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #2260
MattJK09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
There's a turnbuckle in you steering linkage that can be loosened, turned to center the wheel, then tightened again. Looks pretty simple, but I don't know linkage very well.
Look around the forum. I've read wiser men than me walk people through it
Yep, it's so easy my 7 year old could do it. I did mine this week. It took me all of 3 minutes and a 15 mm wrench. There is a write up here if you search for it....
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #2261
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I put a snowboard rack on my jeep yesterday

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #2262
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Picked it up from the dealer yesterday. Was having the wipers fixed. They weren't working right in Intermitent mode. Dealer changed the stalk lever but the first time I tried them with the Service Mgr standing there, they didn't work. They're replacing the motor today. Service Mgr was pretty po'd at the tech.
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #2263
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoocati View Post
Ordered it 5 minutes ago. Yes!
Unread 12-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #2264
ArmyFireFighter
1998 XJ Cherokee 

got to know her a bit, Crawled around underneath her for a while. Just bought her last month. Wondering what the black plastic box is 3/4 of they way back underthere. looks like some sort of rear wiper fluid resivour (sp?)
ArmyFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #2265
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyFireFighter View Post
got to know her a bit, Crawled around underneath her for a while. Just bought her last month. Wondering what the black plastic box is 3/4 of they way back underthere. looks like some sort of rear wiper fluid resivour (sp?)
If memory serves me right, that is the EVAP canister.

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.