What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1285 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 10-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #19261
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Installed the AEV drop brackets. PITA I tell you, getting the passenger side upper control arm bolt was a joke. Poor engineering spot for Jeep. They put the dang o2 sensor from the exhaust right in front of the bolt. We just ended up cutting the bolt out and getting a new one. Ride way better though! More of a glide feel to it now. But you can definitely tell that it works because the rear is still pretty rough, even with the AEV setup.

I also ended up setting the caster mount in the middle (3.5" lift) hole. I have 2.5" lift but the measurements they recommended for the location of the UCA shot me to the middle hole. Strange.

Unread 10-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #19262
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Wheeled it. Went through my first Kevlar.
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #19263
kosmos

2012 JK Wrangler 

Wheeled it @ Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer TX - fun times!

2012 JK Rubicon in Flame Red, ACE Rock Sliders, LoD Stubby Stinger front, LoD Stubby rear,Rock-Krawler 3.5" X factor Pro mid-arm, RCV ultimate front axles, Warn PP HP, 37" KM2s on AEV Savegre wheels, 10 Factory rear axles,MC front Fenders, Reid Knuckles,aFe Cold Air
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #19264
benjmjeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wheeled it of course
benjmjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #19265
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

Wheeling at the Badlands! GO OLYMPUS OFFROAD!!!!!
img_3392-small.jpg   img_3361-small.jpg  
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #19266
TexRI
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Installed the AEV drop brackets. PITA I tell you, getting the passenger side upper control arm bolt was a joke. Poor engineering spot for Jeep. They put the dang o2 sensor from the exhaust right in front of the bolt. We just ended up cutting the bolt out and getting a new one. Ride way better though! More of a glide feel to it now. But you can definitely tell that it works because the rear is still pretty rough, even with the AEV setup.

I also ended up setting the caster mount in the middle (3.5" lift) hole. I have 2.5" lift but the measurements they recommended for the location of the UCA shot me to the middle hole. Strange.

Yeah, the more you get into these the more frustrating WTF stuff you find. So do you really have to pull the front bumper to remove the fog lights?
Put the second 120K on a '94 Cherokee
TexRI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #19267
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

hung the rugged ridge evap can skid plate. it took a little trial and error getting it set up right, and lining up the bolts with the holes in the brackets, but its on. its stout. front and rear lower control arm skids are ready to go on next, when I get time.
Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #19268
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRI View Post

So do you really have to pull the front bumper to remove the fog lights?
Just pull the Jeep and leave the bumper alone. Once you get the Jeep out of the way the fog lights are easily accessed.
Freedom Top (Black) Soft Top (Black) 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels TUFFY Security Drawer Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights JK 6-Switch sPOD Source SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate Cobra 75 WX ST 4' Wilson Antenna AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System Hella FF 500 Driving Lights Hella Black Magic Driving Lights Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier XRC8 Winch 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension Bilstein Shocks RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #19269
idahoman01
2011 JK Wrangler 

Put the top and doors back on after a great time wheelin "The Lost Trail" with Exiled
Air Force Jeep Club #174
idahoman01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #19270
ZERO30
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahoman01
Put the top and doors back on after a great time wheelin "The Lost Trail" with Exiled
Hell yes! Wheeled it like a boss!
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/zer030-rubicon-jk-build-1824306/"][COLOR="red"]ZER030 JK RUBICON BUILD THREAD[/URL][/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.exiledoffroad.com"]EXILED OFFROAD[/URL]
ZERO30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #19271
TexRI
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderFoot View Post
Just pull the Jeep and leave the bumper alone. Once you get the Jeep out of the way the fog lights are easily accessed.
Ha great advice. And I thought I was going to have to take it to the dealer for fog light upgrades and that new transmission actuator sensor receiver harness my mechanic suggested.
Put the second 120K on a '94 Cherokee
TexRI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #19272
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

Made a new list of goodies I need.

Transmission cross member
Full skid pate kit
Lower control arms
Front drive shaft
Exhaust
Bumpers
D44 front end
Ball joints..
And 4.88 gears

This might take a while to actually get all these together... But I plan on making most of the skids and cross member myself anyways.

Anyone know of any issues with making a new exhaust for the 3.6? That little loop thing is throwing me off a bit and I don't know if it'd be ok to just scrap it all and route my own.
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #19273
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsarob View Post
I found this idea I liked on another forum, hope its ok to link elswhere on here. The thread includes dimensions if you keep lookin thru the pages.

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=64142

I used 3/8 aluminum u-channel (extrusion), and 3/8 wide corner brackets all from Lowes Lumber.

I called local companys that handle woven metal cloth and asked if I could buy any dropoff they might have. Got lucky and found some 1/4 inch square stainless steel in the recycle bin they let me have for free.

Took a little time and effort to make but it fits snug, no moving around, more than stout enough to take a bad hit from a rock.

The nice thing is you can change the screen material if you get tired of it or need to. You could mount just about anything over the frame, depending on what you want.

One thing you will need to do is relocate the temp sensor near the bottom of the radiator like he says in the thread. I just drilled a hole on top of the cross bar and re-used the plastic screw in the bracket. Purty Easy.

Drove around a few hours today, no overheating problems.

Note that I installed the guard opposite of this photo. Tried both ways, but liked the frame forward better.
http://rcmain.com/resources/RCM_8958.jpg

Side-a
http://rcmain.com/resources/RCM_8955.jpg

Side-b
http://rcmain.com/resources/RCM_8956.jpg
I'm thinking of doing this mod.... looks great!

How was it attached to the Jeep? Does it just lay between the radiator and the grill?

How has the grill guard held up over time?

Would you do it again?

Would you change anything?

Thanks,

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #19274
JasonVideo
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
I'm thinking of doing this mod.... looks great!

How was it attached to the Jeep? Does it just lay between the radiator and the grill?

How has the grill guard held up over time?

Would you do it again?

Would you change anything?

Thanks,

John
I did this mod a while ago. Don't even bother with epoxy. The super glue gel works a lot better. Gorilla glue may be good too from what I've heard. Epoxy just isn't strong enough. Seems to be holding up well. Starting to look like a bug grave yard. Dragon flies must be attracted to it!
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #19275
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Figured out what all I need for it.

4.88 gears artec truss up front. Make my own links. Lca skids. Custom rocker armor.
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.