Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your JK today?

4M views 27K replies 3K participants last post by  SKT 
#1 ·
Stole this idea from the TJ forum who stole it from the YJ forum. When I had my TJ this was one of the best threads to get ideas from and was full of great pics.

I'll start us off.

Today I powerwashed the heck out of it after my trip on Sunday to the Badlands. See HERE for trail report.

#25,241 ·
Filling out your profile will help us help you or at least tell us if you have a JK or a JKU.

A 2.5" Teraflex spring lift is a good one. The differences are, one has shock extensions where you can reuse your factory shocks, one has shocks with the kit and one is a kit that needs shocks but you supply your own. Then the same set of products is repeated for the 4 door, so in effect, 6 options for the spring lift.

So it depends on what your budget is and if you want shocks tuned for highway driving or off road use.

I went with the Teraflex Part# 1351002 kit (I have a 2 Dr). It' required me to supply the shocks and I went with Bilstein 5100's. They are a bit stiffer than the factory shocks for highway use but really nice off road.

If you have a 2 Dr and want to reuse the factory shocks, use kit# 1352002 and if you want the kit and their shocks, it's Part# 1251002.

PM Kolak, he is a Teraflex dealer and usually has very good pricing.

The much more expensive kits have control arms, etc, which you most likely won't need for what you indicated your use will be.

Reactions: eloucha
#25,242 ·
Filling out your profile will help us help you or at least tell us if you have a JK or a JKU.

A 2.5" Teraflex spring lift is a good one. The differences are, one has shock extensions where you can reuse your factory shocks, one has shocks with the kit and one is a kit that needs shocks but you supply your own. Then the same set of products is repeated for the 4 door, so in effect, 6 options for the spring lift.

So it depends on what your budget is and if you want shocks tuned for highway driving or off road use.

I went with the Teraflex Part# 1351002 kit (I have a 2 Dr). It' required me to supply the shocks and I went with Bilstein 5100's. They are a bit stiffer than the factory shocks for highway use but really nice off road.

If you have a 2 Dr and want to reuse the factory shocks, use kit# 1352002 and if you want the kit and their shocks, it's Part# 1251002.

PM Kolak, he is a Teraflex dealer and usually has very good pricing.

The much more expensive kits have control arms, etc, which you most likely won't need for what you indicated your use will be.
I am new to all that. So I got 2015 sport unlimited 4 doors and sorry again I try to figure out how to use the profile thank u to be helpful sorry if I bother u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25,245 ·
I am new to all that. So I got 2015 sport unlimited 4 doors and sorry again I try to figure out how to use the profile thank u to be helpful sorry if I bother u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No bother, just the more info we have, the better we can help you.

#25,246 ·

After months of horrible hood flutter or whatever you call it. I installed daystar hood wranglers. Now no worries at 80mph. They where so tight i couldnt even install them. But after 3 mins in front of the hair dryer they latched right on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

#25,249 ·
Another Set of LED Halo Projector headlights

The first set failed, and although they were better than factory, the new Projector models have a much brighter and more even lighting pattern. I also added the little 15" rubber antenna so my lazy *** can drive through the carwash now without the antenna beating on the windshield. I KNOW I KNOW wash it yourself. Anyway the little antenna is about 95% effective. Some of the weaker stations went away, but the good news is I don't lose stations at night when the LED headlights come on. With the big factory antenna I was getting some noise on stations below 95.3 FM 95.5 and up worked fine, now with the little rubber thing. No effect from lights.

The Halo Rings are a bit smaller on the new version, more like some other Halo styles.

You can see the video here, http://kuhltoys.com/halo-headlights-projector-style

Attachments

#25,250 ·
After months of horrible hood flutter or whatever you call it. I installed daystar hood wranglers. Now no worries at 80mph. They where so tight i couldnt even install them. But after 3 mins in front of the hair dryer they latched right on.

Not sure how old your JK is but my 17' does the good old hood flutter when heading into the wind. Anybody try this "Hop-Stopper" from ORO?

#25,254 ·
Picked it up after getting the back up camera, remote start, tints and the wheels powder coated. This is my 17 after working out a deal to get rid of my 16 that had some leak issues.

Attachments

Reactions: 4Amendment
#25,255 ·
Installed a Harken Hoister to remove my hardtop

With the weather hitting into the 70's and 80's in New Hampshire, it was time to switch out the hard and soft top.

I spent about 2.5 hours yesterday setting up the Harken Hoister system in my garage. I got it here:
http://amzn.to/2nAaMBW

Installation was straight forward and worked like a charm the very first time. I am sure my buddy appreciates not having to give me a hand changing the top out. (I've taken it off by myself in the past but it wasn't fun nor particularly safe so I ditched that inspirational idea).

#25,257 ·
With the weather hitting into the 70's and 80's in New Hampshire, it was time to switch out the hard and soft top.

I spent about 2.5 hours yesterday setting up the Harken Hoister system in my garage. I got it here:

Installation was straight forward and worked like a charm the very first time. I am sure my buddy appreciates not having to give me a hand changing the top out. (I've taken it off by myself in the past but it wasn't fun nor particularly safe so I ditched that inspirational idea).
I think you're going to be very happy with it. I used mine so much last summer. Takes about 5-10 minutes to get the top on or off.

#25,258 ·

I did the same thing! But with the harbor frieght 440lb hoist. Took me alot longer to install since i had to make a strap n get extra bungee cords to hold it up so all the weight isnt on the hoist

#25,260 ·
I did the same thing! But with the harbor frieght 440lb hoist. Took me alot longer to install since i had to make a strap n get extra bungee cords to hold it up so all the weight isnt on the hoist

I can't tell from the picture are you using bungee cords to hold the top?
like through the hoist and just bungees?
or are you just doing that and then lowering it to the ground?