What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1239 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 46th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #18571
robski85

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdchiropractic

Love the duratracs. I've been on them about 5mo. They really pulled me they the mud, way better than I thought they would. Can't wait for snow.

(0|||||||0)
Yea I've heard nothing but great things about them. Can't wait to get them on the trails !

robski85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #18572
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckRunner09 View Post
Good lord was it a bug or a bird before it splatted?!
Whatever it was it won't have the guts to get in his way again.
Freedom Top (Black) Soft Top (Black) 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels TUFFY Security Drawer Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights JK 6-Switch sPOD Source SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate Cobra 75 WX ST 4' Wilson Antenna AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System Hella FF 500 Driving Lights Hella Black Magic Driving Lights Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier XRC8 Winch 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension Bilstein Shocks RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #18573
wiant
2008 JK Wrangler 

Major service this week...

1) Replaced the transmission sensor switch, which was acting up and keeping the Jeep from starting up

2) Replaced tie rod ends and drag link

Best part, $1200 (most of the cost) was covered by the extended warranty I picked up when I purchased the Jeep in '08.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #153
wiant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #18574
Mjejk
2012 JK Wrangler 

Installed AFE's intake and throttle body spacer for some additional hp and torque
afe-jk-intake-2.jpg  
Mjejk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #18575
NIUPonyBoy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rolled over 4,400 miles and put in $58 worth of gas. Exciting! hahaha
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #18576
mrcoyote
2012 JK Wrangler 

Got stuck in a puddle at work.. 4 low and locked diffs wouldn't get me out....

Because of the above, I'm hesitant to venture into the mud with the Jeep.. since this puddle (and others much bigger) are like this on my work site, I grabbed the Jeep since I would have backup to haul me out if stuck.

Short of the story, it was a pretty uneventful walk through the mud with the Jeep. Boring actually. I had to turn off traction control, engage 4 HI (didn't even need 4wd to go through here) and tramp the throttle down to spin up a little bit of mud....

Results:

I need to figure out the limits my Jeep has....
mrcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #18577
nathanmilsaps
2012 JK Wrangler 

Got my expensive sunshade in today.
image-1943752979.jpg

nathanmilsaps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #18578
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjejk View Post
Installed AFE's intake and throttle body spacer for some additional hp and torque
I've always read CAI is not needed. that kit is some serious money, did you notice a difference?

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #18579
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote
Got stuck in a puddle at work.. 4 low and locked diffs wouldn't get me out....

Because of the above, I'm hesitant to venture into the mud with the Jeep.. since this puddle (and others much bigger) are like this on my work site, I grabbed the Jeep since I would have backup to haul me out if stuck.

Short of the story, it was a pretty uneventful walk through the mud with the Jeep. Boring actually. I had to turn off traction control, engage 4 HI (didn't even need 4wd to go through here) and tramp the throttle down to spin up a little bit of mud....

Results:

I need to figure out the limits my Jeep has....
Jeeps don't have limits...wallets however are another story.

(0|||||||0)
Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #18580
teamgreen666
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdchiropractic

Love the duratracs. I've been on them about 5mo. They really pulled me they the mud, way better than I thought they would. Can't wait for snow.

(0|||||||0)
You will love them in the snow

image-1235688936.jpg
teamgreen666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #18581
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Installed Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II rear bumper.

Unread 08-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #18582
NCUNLIMITED
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreen666 View Post
You will love them in the snow

Attachment 660588
Liked my Duratracs on my LJ, I didn't get as many miles out of them as I had hoped. Kept them rotated and balanced and got about 25000 out of them before they started to look a little too low for my liking. They rode nice and cleaned out great but I will probably go with something else when I get tires for the JK
NCUNLIMITED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #18583
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote View Post
Can't quite tell, but it appears that truck has virtually no tread on its tires whereas your Jeep has a-plenty.
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #18584
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
Installed Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II rear bumper.

I hope that is an issue with perspective.
Freedom Top (Black) Soft Top (Black) 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels TUFFY Security Drawer Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights JK 6-Switch sPOD Source SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate Cobra 75 WX ST 4' Wilson Antenna AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System Hella FF 500 Driving Lights Hella Black Magic Driving Lights Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier XRC8 Winch 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension Bilstein Shocks RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #18585
RickTor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCUNLIMITED

Liked my Duratracs on my LJ, I didn't get as many miles out of them as I had hoped. Kept them rotated and balanced and got about 25000 out of them before they started to look a little too low for my liking. They rode nice and cleaned out great but I will probably go with something else when I get tires for the JK
Love the Duratracs. Maybe because I had more road miles than trail miles on my 2010 unlimited I still had decent tread at 46,000 miles.
RickTor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.