What did you do to your JK today? - Page 1229 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your JK today?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #18421
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Mounted a Master Flow MF450 air compressor with synergy mounting bracket to master cylinder. Ill wire it up tomorrow. It seems pretty solid. I'm surprised of the lack of clearance between the mounting plate and steering shaft; about a finger's width. Does anyone know if the steering shaft articulates much with the suspension? I tried loading suspension crawling up a tree stump and then turning the wheel. Didn't hear or feel anything. I also picked up an ARB EZ deflator.

(0|||||||0)

Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #18422
badtux
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdchiropractic View Post
Does anyone know if the steering shaft articulates much with the suspension?
Steering shaft goes between the steering box (which is mounted to the frame) and the steering wheel (which is mounted to the body). The only articulation is that which is provided by the flex of the frame and the flex of the body mounts. The JK has a stiff frame but mushy body mounts, still, it's unlikely you'll see much articulation of the steering shaft in practice.
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #18423
boxcox
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper
Woo hoo! My Off Road Heros top arrived today! Well the fastback part, the cargo top portion will be another week-ish. Anybody know if the cargo top can fit with the tuffy security deck?
This is on my wish list. Pics?
boxcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #18424
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcox View Post

This is on my wish list. Pics?
Was camping this weekend so didn't put it on. Cargo top is still being finished but I'll be attempting the fastback install tonight!
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #18425
mrcoyote
2012 JK Wrangler 

Installed Teraflex Hinge - still using the factory carrier. I have 18" wheels and 35" x 12.5" tires. This thing is SOLID! I actually climbed up and stood on the tire - no bouncing. Even kept looking in the rearview to make sure it was still attached after driving. No rattles or shakes. Expensive yes, but it works.

Installed a GOBI stealth rack and driver side ladder along with a couple more of Rigid Dually d2 driving lights up top.

(Oh, and went for a 4 day camping/drive excursion into Montana - Going To The Sun road).
Who else has a GOBI here? Mine isn't aligned left to right - and the ladder sometimes hits the hard top on hard bumps - how do I line it up straight?!?)
mrcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #18426
gregandlina
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoyote
Installed Teraflex Hinge - still using the factory carrier. I have 18" wheels and 35" x 12.5" tires. This thing is SOLID! I actually climbed up and stood on the tire - no bouncing. Even kept looking in the rearview to make sure it was still attached after driving. No rattles or shakes. Expensive yes, but it works.

Installed a GOBI stealth rack and driver side ladder along with a couple more of Rigid Dually d2 driving lights up top.

(Oh, and went for a 4 day camping/drive excursion into Montana - Going To The Sun road).
Who else has a GOBI here? Mine isn't aligned left to right - and the ladder sometimes hits the hard top on hard bumps - how do I line it up straight?!?)
I have a ranger rack and haven't had either issue (although I have a soft top). I also have their high lift jack mount and the jack comes in contact with the top at times, but it doesn't seem to do any damage.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-2012-crush-build-1521442/#post15415546
gregandlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #18427
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtux

Steering shaft goes between the steering box (which is mounted to the frame) and the steering wheel (which is mounted to the body). The only articulation is that which is provided by the flex of the frame and the flex of the body mounts. The JK has a stiff frame but mushy body mounts, still, it's unlikely you'll see much articulation of the steering shaft in practice.
Good input. Thanks.

(0|||||||0)
Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #18428
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdchiropractic View Post
You might pick up a few inches where the cable enters the tailgate behind the spare tire, pick the closest opening. Also, I ran mine same as yours until the passenger seat, then along the trans and up under the dash.

(0|||||||0)
Yeah, I got an email from the place I ordered my extension, and they were out of stock, so I took that as a sign. I cancelled my order and will be rewiring this weekend. I'll post my results.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #18429
ZERO30
Exiled Offroad

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin

Yeah, I got an email from the place I ordered my extension, and they were out of stock, so I took that as a sign. I cancelled my order and will be rewiring this weekend. I'll post my results.
You got this!
ZERO30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #18430
RickTor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Removed my backseat today after work. I know, no biggie (actually took less than 4 minutes). But wanted to see the space before ordering my cargo mat. Yep back. Seat is in the spare bedroom now. Lots of room!! I love it!
image-2944444457.jpg

RickTor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #18431
dodgerex
2012 JK Wrangler 

I put name sticker's on my windshield today. DAN (me) SAMANTHA (wife) Daniel (5yr old Son) CAMERON (2yr old Son)
This is part of my Dedication to my Son Cameron, who sadly passed away July 8th. I miss him so much, and now I get to see his name in front of my eyes every single day.
I still need to talk to somebody else about doing something else on the jeep as a dedication to him. So more to come.
jeep-winshield-sticker.jpg  
dodgerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #18432
rockingdaddy1
2009 JK Wrangler 

steering in over the week end. I kept getting a clunk in the steering. I couldn't figure it out so, I thought it might be rubbing. I went to 4 WD in Columbiana Oh.. I told they guy what was happening he came out and looked at my rig. He actually crawled under the jeep and had me turn the wheel. The track bar to the frame bolt was loose. I forgot to tighten it. How embarrassing., I thought it was really nice of him to do that. So when I got home and went to tighten it I noticed how much slop was in the stock bolts. I replaced them with 9/16 bolts instead of metric and no more slop. Anyone else have trouble with the stock bolts.
rockingdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #18433
Blownawayracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdchiropractic

You might pick up a few inches where the cable enters the tailgate behind the spare tire, pick the closest opening. Also, I ran mine same as yours until the passenger seat, then along the trans and up under the dash.

(0|||||||0)
18 feet of coax should be used at a minimum this is for proper performance of the cb
I am a radio tech just so you know, have a good one!

USMC Semper Fi/ The sound of a military plane flying overhead is the sound of freedom
Blownawayracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #18434
NCUNLIMITED
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerex View Post
I put name sticker's on my windshield today. DAN (me) SAMANTHA (wife) Daniel (5yr old Son) CAMERON (2yr old Son)
This is part of my Dedication to my Son Cameron, who sadly passed away July 8th. I miss him so much, and now I get to see his name in front of my eyes every single day.
I still need to talk to somebody else about doing something else on the jeep as a dedication to him. So more to come.
Sorry to hear about your boy! Very nice touch, I was watching a show with my son (11) the other day and I had a tear in my eye because something had happened to one of the little boys on the show. He looked at me and asked what was wrong, I told him that he would understand someday when he has kids. God Bless you Dan, keep his memory alive and hang in there
NCUNLIMITED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #18435
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Installed the AEV procal, loving it. Also painted the muffler black for aesthetics

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories , diy , diy jeep mods , image , JK Wrangler , modification , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.